Eagles Trade for Josiah Scott from Jags

pgcd3

Can't say I know much about him other than he's a little undersized so probably a slot CB? 

The worry is this may signal Maddox starts on the outside?

To all the single guys on the EMB, I hope you find someone you love as much as this team loves nickel CBs.

• Like 5
  • Haha 14

4th round rookie last year. Jags traded him because they have some competition now at the position. Houston likely swapped to maintain training camp body

He's competition for Maddox in the slot which makes sense. This is the type of guy I thought they might make a waiver claim on at the very end of camp tbh but it's probably worth a late 2023 pick to have him for all of camp

Kinda surprised because the Jags are a reported landing spot for Ertz.

3 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

He's competition for Maddox in the slot which makes sense. This is the type of guy I thought they might make a waiver claim on at the very end of camp tbh but it's probably worth a late 2023 pick to have him for all of camp

If he does indeed beat out Maddox for the slot that wouldn’t be so bad.  Maddox is in the final year of his deal so we’d be looking at either having to pay him next offseason or replace him then.  Scott is only entering year 2 of his 4 year rookie deal.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

If he does indeed beat out Maddox for the slot that wouldn’t be so bad.  Maddox is in the final year of his deal so we’d be looking at either having to pay him next offseason or replace him then.  Scott is only entering year 2 of his 4 year rookie deal.  

I'd be happy if that's their plan. I don't actually think Maddox is that good. I think year one he was but since then he's really not been. Now ok that may be down to being misused but he hasn't improved. And if it's a case of being misused then he needs to be moved back to S.

Interesting that it was a 2023 draft pick and not a 2022.  Adds more to the theory that next year's draft is to be absolutely stacked. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'd be happy if that's their plan. I don't actually think Maddox is that good. I think year one he was but since then he's really not been. Now ok that may be down to being misused but he hasn't improved. And if it's a case of being misused then he needs to be moved back to S.

He hasn't been the same since that neck injury in Green Bay 2019.

• Like 2

"Michigan State CB Josiah Scott injured again"
Scott, a three-year starter, suffered an undisclosed injury during the third quarter of last week’s 37-34 loss to Illinois and didn’t return. His absence each of the last two games coincided with the Spartans (4-6, 2-5 Big Ten) giving up more than 300 yards passing in both to run their losing streak to five straight. Scott started all 12 games he appeared in as a true freshman and missed the first eight games last year while recovering from a torn meniscus.

yup..a Howie guy for sure!!!!

9 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Is an Eagles fan

image.thumb.png.94afeac4fa90f4ab21e92a98aec8bfd2.png

Wants his Super Bowl shirt.  Anyone have an XS laying around?  :P

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Interesting that it was a 2023 draft pick and not a 2022.  Adds more to the theory that next year's draft is to be absolutely stacked. 

Shoot I didn't even catch that (I was thinking it was a 2022 pick).  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

5'9"

Follow the yellow brick road!  

But he has a high motor??

23 minutes ago, What The F said:

Nast Nate nominee?

Pretty much has to be a skilled offensive player. We don't get feedback on D guys or OL

46.9 rating on PFF!

Already our second best CB by a long way.

• Like 1