Round 7 (#233): Eagles select Casey Toohill (Stanford OLB/DE)

jsdarkstar

4 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Draft is over for the Eagles.

Thank God. Hopefully by next year Howie isn't in charge. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It looks like we were fortunate enough to draft our UDFA this year. Hopefully one or two stick.

• Like 2

Yep. I look forward to UDFA. We always seem to find a gem or two.

• Like 2

Never heard of him but at 6'4" i like his length.

Has some explosion with 4.6 40 39 inch vert 127 broad, those are all good.

At 250 he needs to put on some weight.

About this guy I can confidently say:

Fawlty Towers S02E01 - I Know Nothing GIF by MikeyMo | Gfycat

But i'm hoping he was a hidden gem.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

About this guy I can confidently say:

Fawlty Towers S02E01 - I Know Nothing GIF by MikeyMo | Gfycat

But i'm hoping he was a hidden gem.

Wahey what a comedy!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Thank God. Hopefully by next year Howie isn't in charge. 

Don’t bet on it.

Say whatever you want, this was an extremely gutsy and forward looking draft by the Eagles.  They are making clear, decisive decisions about how to adapt what they do to future trends both on offense and defense.

Adapt or die.  They might die but it won't be for not adapting it will be if they got it wrong.  That's a good attitude to have , in life, in business, and in football.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Say whatever you want, this was an extremely gutsy and forward looking draft by the Eagles.  They are making clear, decisive decisions about how to adapt what they do to future trends both on offense and defense.

Adapt or die.  They might die but it won't be for not adapting it will be if they got it wrong.  That's a good attitude to have , in life, in business, and in football.

If they had taken Queen or Murray in the 1st, a WR like Mims in the 2nd, and Hurts had fallen to them in the 4th I'd have no problem with this draft.       I love getting Hurts, just not at #53.          Even the 3rd would have been palatable.        This isn't a SB contender in my eyes, and Roseman's biggest failure was his inability to make a Hopkins deal happen, which would have changed everything.       I understand it takes two to tango, but that kind of deal is what he allegedly excels at getting done.

3 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

I love how any player can look like Superman with a highlight reel.

52 minutes ago, mjkvol said:

If they had taken Queen or Murray in the 1st, a WR like Mims in the 2nd, 

I really don't get the Mims love. Guy is a walking injury and is terrified of North Philly.

Ok, well who isn't terrified of North Philly, but the point is he sounds like a headcase. He might be too scared to drive to practice in any city bigger than Indianapolis.

4 minutes ago, Madriver said:

I really don't get the Mims love. Guy is a walking injury and is terrified of North Philly.

Ok, well who isn't terrified of North Philly, but the point is he sounds like a headcase. He might be too scared to drive to practice in any city bigger than Indianapolis.

I didn't hear that, I was going off of his tape.

Apparently this is a Connor Barwin pick, who scouted this kid at the senior bowl.

Seems like the perfect "IR with undisclosed injury" to bulk up a little bit to play DE.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Madriver said:

Mims is a walking injury?

13 hours ago, mjkvol said:

I didn't hear that, I was going off of his tape.

Yeah he apparently took a tour of that part of the city and said Philly scared him to death.

1 hour ago, judunno said:

Well hand injury anyway, which makes him drop balls sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Madriver said:

Yeah he apparently took a tour of that part of the city and said Philly scared him to death.

Well hand injury anyway, which makes him drop balls sometimes.

So he had a fractured hand his jr that he played through and he's a 'walking injury'? OK.

1 hour ago, judunno said:

I liked Mims too but there are reasons he wound up being the 13th WR taken. We weren’t the only WR needy team to pass on him more than once. 

2 hours ago, jsb235 said:

Apparently this is a Connor Barwin pick, who scouted this kid at the senior bowl.

Seems like the perfect "IR with undisclosed injury" to bulk up a little bit to play DE.

Just curious where you saw that, did Barwin have any quotes in the kid?

10 minutes ago, thedanone82 said:

Just curious where you saw that, did Barwin have any quotes in the kid?

I can't remember where I saw it, and there was nothing from Barwin himself. Just a reporter stating that Barwin watched the kid at the senior bowl and that this was basically his pick.

• Like 1