Kayode Awosika: UDFA OL That Will Make The Final 53

Iggles25

Can't believe Eagles got him as an UDFA. No doubt he makes the final roster. Brooks/Semaulo replacement 

I think Dickerson will be penciled in as Seumalo's eventual replacement.  

• Like 1

Never heard of him until he signed with the Eagles.  But, researched him a little bit and he sounds like a good prospect for Stoutland to mold.  If he proves to be good enough to make the cut to 53, the Eagles could suddenly have some pretty good depth talent across the OL...Dickerson, Herbig, Driscoll and this guy.  I also think Ross Pierschbacher has a decent chance to make the cut too.  The overall depth could pave the way for a Andre Dillard trade...but out of all the depth, LT would be the biggest question if Mailata were to go down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EaglesAddict said:

Never heard of him until he signed with the Eagles.  But, researched him a little bit and he sounds like a good prospect for Stoutland to mold.  If he proves to be good enough to make the cut to 53, the Eagles could suddenly have some pretty good depth talent across the OL...Dickerson, Herbig, Driscoll and this guy.  I also think Ross Pierschbacher has a decent chance to make the cut too.  The overall depth could pave the way for a Andre Dillard trade...but out of all the depth, LT would be the biggest question if Mailata were to go down.

Add Le'Raven Clark to that list ... he should be a solid swing tackle when healthy.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Add Le'Raven Clark to that list ... he should be a solid swing tackle when healthy.  

True...of course, his injury and history of playing inconsistently when he had his opportunities might make him a long shot to stick, barring other injuries.  Wonder if Driscoll could be the swing tackle...?

If everyone stays healthy, there should be some solid competition going on for roster spots that ought to result in good depth. I hope everyone stays healthy.

• Like 4

Don't know him, but I always like getting OL prospects for Stoutland to develop for depth and future.

Gonna be rollin into camp with 26 OL, 19 DL , 1/2 LB and 1 CB

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

I’ve been saying this. He’s a beast. Down the field blocking is superb. Haven’t seen enough of him in pass protection but he’s an outstanding run blocker. I think he’s 3rd string guard in 2021 and a starter in a few years.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 11:32 AM, PoconoDon said:

If everyone stays healthy, there should be some solid competition going on for roster spots that ought to result in good depth. I hope everyone stays healthy.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

On 6/2/2021 at 2:10 AM, Iggles25 said:

Can't believe Eagles got him as an UDFA. No doubt he makes the final roster. Brooks/Semaulo replacement 

This guy may have the worst tape I’ve ever seen. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vortex said:

To each their own. He's a much better run blocker than pass protector, but he has the tools to be a starter in the NFL eventually.

Will be a versatile depth OL while he hones his craft.

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2021 at 3:13 PM, eaglesflyers#1 said:

I’ve been saying this. He’s a beast. Down the field blocking is superb. 

Guys like this are so hard to evaluate because of the competition, everybody he blocked in the highlight reel were tiny compared to him. 

On 6/4/2021 at 7:41 PM, Vortex said:

How so? Please explain

Ps player for a year or two and then we’ll see. We have a lot of depth players at OL, we just need healthy starters. 

Quality back-up is highly valuable.  Can't have enough young players ready to step up and contribute.  The team has the tradition to build around the lines, OL and DL.  Can't say enough good things about that.

On 6/2/2021 at 8:32 AM, PoconoDon said:

The best Ability is availability.

• Like 1

Level of competition.

On 6/2/2021 at 8:48 AM, time2rock said:

He is replacing Kelce. This year is Kelce's last as per the poison pill in his contract.

10 hours ago, matchew88 said:

He is replacing Kelce. This year is Kelce's last as per the poison pill in his contract.

I've read about that poison pill in his most recent contract since posting the previous response so I'd say you are likely right.  Only thing I can think of that may change that is if Kelce decides not to hang 'em up at the end of the season and signs another contract similar to his current one (i.e. 1 year with that poison pill built in).  

We have too much depth and quality at OL but ilike him and can see on the PS.

We will most likely being redshirting him with some random ghost injury during roster cuts. We have always been known to stash players on IR that they feel can develop. 
I can also see a guy like Dillard getting traded for some talent at saftey or corner. 
Herbig could also make Samuelos life hard. 

Nate is cheaper and has lost 35 lbs working with Lane and Brandon. With his new body leaner and more solid he could really be a hidden gem for us and be a key starter for years to come. 
Jack looked confident and showed some real guts playing through tore up ankle and showed  fight and toughness. He provides solid help at RG/RT. 
Jeff said he has never had the depth and talent even close compared to previous years. Stoutland is by far the most respected coach on this team. There is a reason he survived the Doug Pederson firing.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 8:48 AM, time2rock said:

I think more so Kelce’s. 

• Like 1