Jaimie Newman waived?

Vee

8 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

Tyree Jackson who did pretty good for the Bills at QB in the 2019 preseason?  

Triple threat qb who can motion out to TE, brilliant😉

Making room for this guy? (edit: tried to embed tweet, didn't work)

Former Jaguars’ WR Michael Walker reached agreement with the Eagles to sign in the next few days., per his agent @seanstellato. Walker was an Eagle in high school, an Eagle at Boston College and now an Eagle in the NFL

4:08 PM · Jun 9, 2021

1 hour ago, dweagle said:

Former Jaguars’ WR Michael Walker reached agreement with the Eagles to sign in the next few days., per his agent @seanstellato. Walker was an Eagle in high school, an Eagle at Boston College and now an Eagle in the NFL

Guessing they have interest in him for his KOR abilities.

Grimes apparently has injury issues.  Reasons he felt in the draft and let go by the Eagles.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, dweagle said:

They released 3 players. So no was not just for Walker. Theya re making another move. More then likey they will be adding at least 1 more QB. they wont go into camps with only 2 QBs. Honestly hate to say it but wouldnt surprise me if they were going after Watson right now. 

• Like 1

That was quick.

I was hoping he would be a solid backup.

This makes room for Foles or Kaepernick or Watson, maybe Vick.

Discuss.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T-1000 said:

Wow, he must have been terrible and/or a total DB to not even make it to camp.

Yeah absolutely. Maybe he didn't have enough of a competitive edge?

• Like 1

One story had a picture of Newman in a red Eagles practice jersey.

He did not appear to be in the best shape of his career.

Maybe it was just a calculated risk by the team.

Maybe they bring him back on practice squad.

Not a spectacular pro start for a kid out of football all of last year after he opted out of GA due to COVID.

21 hours ago, Penn7980 said:

Grimes apparently has injury issues.  Reasons he felt in the draft and let go by the Eagles.

Yeah, I'm bummed about Grimes. I was hoping he would find success. 

• Like 1

going back a few years...does anybody remember the TE that we drafted that was supposedly a steal in the 5th round...scouts had him as a potential elite talent, but injuries hampered his play and ultimately his career...think his name was Cornelius Ingram....

Was just reminded of him, for some reason, regarding Trevor Grimes....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

They released 3 players. So no was not just for Walker. Theya re making another move. More then likey they will be adding at least 1 more QB. they wont go into camps with only 2 QBs. Honestly hate to say it but wouldnt surprise me if they were going after Watson right now. 

Unlikely.  Unless the deal is done, you wouldn't release any players based on the possibility of landing someone.  There's more than enough time to do that after the ink has dried.  To do it after a conversation would be counterproductive.

To dump Jamie before camp, and not even use him as a camp arm must mean he's damaged goods. I think he's probably out of shape and the Eagles decided not to pay him to workout and see if he can get back into it.  If that's the case, he's a big dummy.  He opted out for a season.  All he had to do was to stay in shape and not get hurt....and stay out of the press.

1 hour ago, flyerdog said:

going back a few years...does anybody remember the TE that we drafted that was supposedly a steal in the 5th round...scouts had him as a potential elite talent, but injuries hampered his play and ultimately his career...think his name was Cornelius Ingram....

Was just reminded of him, for some reason, regarding Trevor Grimes....

Wow that is going back a few years indeed ... 2009 to be exact.  Good memory, as he was indeed a 5th rd pick and that was his name.  Went on to play a couple years in Detroit and Denver but never lived up to the hype (as you suggested, injuries likely the main culprit).  

On 6/10/2021 at 9:56 AM, Utebird said:

Triple threat qb who can motion out to TE, brilliant😉

Logan Thomas

On 6/9/2021 at 2:48 PM, CaliEagle said:

Wonder if it is for disciplinary reasons or something. Weird time to let a player go.  

Very weird. Such a quick release..without any explanation.

He's an undrafted free agent rookie QB that opted out last season after transferring and didn't impress in the rookie minicamp. It's really not weird at all. I guess the only thing weird is the hype that surrounded his arrival in the first place. This guy should have stayed in school for another (football) year. At least he would have been able to play football on TV for another year. I hope his college education pays off for him. 

Heard they mad room for  Jake Paul, who is going to take a shot at football now at LB...

On 6/13/2021 at 1:30 PM, brkmsn said:

He's an undrafted free agent rookie QB that opted out last season after transferring and didn't impress in the rookie minicamp. It's really not weird at all. I guess the only thing weird is the hype that surrounded his arrival in the first place. This guy should have stayed in school for another (football) year. At least he would have been able to play football on TV for another year. I hope his college education pays off for him. 

Perhaps the "Nasty Nate” award should be renamed the Nasty Newman, because some people did overhype this guy. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Perhaps the "Nasty Nate” award should be renamed the Nasty Newman, because some people did overhype this guy. 

I never heard of him till he was cut. 

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I never heard of him till he was cut. 

Apparently either has most any other team.  Still a free agent.  If there was anyone even remotely interested, they would have brought him in by now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It's still early, but I think Grimes got more hype.

Newman looked good in his highlight videos from Wake Forest.

Wish the kid the best. Probably should have played at Georgia rather than opting out.

Eagles should send him to QB camp somewhere. Get him in shape and coached up.

Double secret practice squad.

On 6/15/2021 at 12:14 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I didn't realise that he had no guaranteed money? That's fairly telling I guess. 

Not often does an UDFA get any guaranteed money.