Looking out for new music recommendations

Seventy_Yard_FG

Post new music you like, tired of the same old playlist, but also not always happy with new stuff that comes out.

Just discovered "Fire from the gods" but I guess they're like a 15 year old band, but are still releasing newish music

All genres welcome, singles or artists with a bunch of good work, just mostly looking for newer stuff, last two or three years, and then as the thread progresses, completely new stuff

For rock I use Octane on SiriusXM

For pop I use Pulse

I don't really like the new rap. After 2010 it seems like a lot of it is too mumbled

I've watched Paradise City on Amazon and they use a few bands songs

I find it amazing that this is the girl from the 2000 movie How the Grinch Stole Christmas

I Prevail is pretty good too

I also enjoy listening to I Prevail

I came across this band playing Wreckfest 

Idk what they're classified as but I like them 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't really like the new rap. After 2010 it seems like a lot of it is too mumbled

It really has been hot garbage for quite some time.  Dre should just finish and put out Detox and it would dominate all new rap.

I'm not a fan of country, but I've been really into Chris Stapleton 

Even his wife/backup singer is ridiculous... 

Now...I like some weirder stuff, but...Best vocalist on the planet currently IMO

Def not new, but also one of my fav artists ever.

This short was uploaded last night from one of my fav musicians...It's nothing crazy, but still neat.

• Like 1

recently youtube radio turned me onto (artist/song) 

War on Drugs (under the pressure)*

Kurt Vile (pretty pimpin')*

Richard Ashcroft (paradise)**

*both from philly

**former lead singer for The Verve

• 2 months later...

Just had these dudes recommended by a buddy - they're awesome.  Their latest album is getting rave reviews.  Video below is a mini movie with 4 of their songs.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Just had these dudes recommended by a buddy - they're awesome.  Their latest album is getting rave reviews.  Video below is a mini movie with 4 of their songs.  

It's really hard to do anything fresh and original in the Hardcore genere, but that is definitely it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

It's really hard to do anything fresh and original in the Hardcore genere, but that is definitely it.

That's kinda what I thought - I'm not usually into the traditional hardcore punk stuff but these guys are unique enough and I am definitely digging it

On 8/30/2021 at 3:24 PM, mikemack8 said:

That's kinda what I thought - I'm not usually into the traditional hardcore punk stuff but these guys are unique enough and I am definitely digging it

I’ve heard their concerts are kind of crappy.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I watched some videos of their live shows - it definitely looks insane.  Shitting in the pit insane?  I guess so :lol: 

well hold on now, what color was the sh** ? Mods, can combine the two threads ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/10/2021 at 8:04 PM, Mike030270 said:

For rock I use Octane on SiriusXM

For pop I use Pulse

I've watched Paradise City on Amazon and they use a few bands songs

TURBO is 9283% better than Octane. Octane plays the same 12 songs over and over. 

On 6/10/2021 at 7:12 PM, Seventy_Yard_FG said:

Post new music you like, tired of the same old playlist, but also not always happy with new stuff that comes out.

Just discovered "Fire from the gods" but I guess they're like a 15 year old band, but are still releasing newish music

All genres welcome, singles or artists with a bunch of good work, just mostly looking for newer stuff, last two or three years, and then as the thread progresses, completely new stuff

Fun story about these guys. Wife and I, along with some friends went to Carolina Rebellion in 2016/2017 and one night after the festival about 10 of us gathered on the hotels back patio around the firepit, having drinks and whatnot. Well... The bass player, Guitar player, and Singer from Fire from the Gods came down and hung out with us. Very down to earth guys. The singer is a coke head though... lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, What The F said:

TURBO is 9283% better than Octane. Octane plays the same 12 songs over and over. 

I'll tune to Turbo when Octane plays bands like Fever 333 that I don't like. I'm not into some of the rap and rock mix even though Linkin Park is one of my favorites. They're overplaying those 2 new songs from Papa Roach Swerve and Last Resort remix

I'm also not a fan of when DJ Jose Magnin is on. He talks way too damn much for my liking

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I'll tune to Turbo when Octane plays bands like Fever 333 that I don't like. I'm not into some of the rap and rock mix even though Linkin Park is one of my favorites. They're overplaying those 2 new songs from Papa Roach Swerve and Last Resort remix

I'm also not a fan of when DJ Jose Magnin is on. He talks way too damn much for my liking

I can't stand Jose Mangnin. Met him at a festival a few years ago.  He's a doooosh

• 6 months later...

I really like this cover from Our Last Night

I was surprised how good this sounds with the rock band and how they didn't distort his vocals

On 6/12/2021 at 5:39 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I didn't know a video could smell like beard wax.  But hey i like it!

21 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I didn't know a video could smell like beard wax.  But hey i like it!

Don't you mean 'Dapper Dan'?

Spoiler

• Haha 1