Who sang it better?

The_Omega

15 minutes ago, greend said:

To each his own, music is all about individual tastes imo

The Boxer is a better S&G song anyway IMO.

IMHO, Willie wins this one easy, but the AB’s version is the one that gets all the play, so I respect that there are a lot of people who are wrong.

Has Led Zeppelin vs Jimmy Page & The Black Crowds yet?

I will say that I've seen Live in concert more than any other artist/band.  Their name suits them as they are superb in concert.  They are also very good at covers.  They broke up for several years, but came back together just a couple years before the pandemic.  Got to see them a couple times after the reunion, including a concert at the Hard Rock in AC where they were touring with Bush as both bands were celebrating the 25th anniversary of their epic album releases that put both on the big time music map.  That show kicked ass.  MFers turned the clock back 25 years that night.  Was a special night for me as I bought tickets for 2 very close friends, one of whom has been my BBF for over 20 years, since we all met through another mutual friend waiting in line overnight to buy tickets to see Live at The Mann.  Back in the day when you slept out overnight in line for a chance to buy concert tickets.  So it was my treat to them to celebrate 25 years of friendship.

IMO, The Pixies are the most underrated band in R&R.  They were so innovative, ahead of their time, and making music nobody else was making at the time.  So many good songs on each album they did.  Their song titled "No. 13" might be the most perfect song I've ever heard.  My sister bought me a book about Kurt Cobain that had pictures of his own hand written notes about songs, ideas, and bands/artists that he was listening to and The Pixies came up more than any other in his own notes.

Anyway, their version is definitely turbo-charged compared to the J&MC. 

Like I said, Live is good at covers and superb in concert.  They made this one practically a staple in their concert set list since they started playing it.  They appreciate The Man In Black.

• 1 year later...

Tracy Chapman’s Fast Car is way better than Luke Bryan’s attempt.  IMHO, it’s not even close.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

Tracy Chapman’s Fast Car is way better than Luke Bryan’s attempt.  IMHO, it’s not even close.

Well it’s Luke Combs who sings it, not Luke Bryan, so that may be your problem :lol: 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Well it’s Luke Combs who sings it, not Luke Bryan, so that may be your problem :lol: 

In the multiverse of my problems, mixing up County singers barely even rates.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2021 at 4:05 PM, The_Omega said:

I'm a fan of Mumford & Sons, but no one's beating the Jonny Cash version of Hurt. 

• Like 2

On 6/8/2023 at 8:22 PM, The_Omega said:

Saw someone somewhere saying what an amazing song Luke whatever wrote and sang and honestly not even surprised any more with people’s idiocy. 

On 6/10/2023 at 7:45 PM, olsilverhair said:

I like vanilla wafers

wrong website you F'ng clopper. 

• 1 month later...

I know that Dio sang it better, but this wasn’t bad for a bunch of kids

On 6/17/2021 at 11:21 PM, Green_Guinness said:

A Fleetwood Mac classic covered by a female 'super group' consisting of Brandi Carlile, Amanda Shires, Natalie Hemby and Maren Morris.  Calling themselves the Highwomen after the super group of Highwaymen (Johhny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Kristofferson).  I included the live Howard Stern version to give an idea of their artistry and Amanda Shires' fiddle playing in lieu of the power guitar chords in the studio version.  Though it does help to have Jason Isbell backing you on guitar.

there's only 1 version of the chain that matters...

:worthy:  

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...