Paul Domowitch out

Procus

Domo has accepted the Inquirer/Daily News buyout.  This rag has turned to crap.

Wow first Les and now Paul.  

The Les/Paul retirement.  :rock:

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Why is anyone shocked?  Print Journalism is dead as we know it.  Do people even pay for the online content?  I think we have our answer.  

The only thing I ever pay for is The Athletic but it's taken a major nosedive in the past 6 months or so. 

1 hour ago, greend said:

I wish someone would buy me out

What will it take? :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

What will it take? :lol:

A cool million would do it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, time2rock said:

Wow first Les and now Paul.  

The Les/Paul retirement.  :rock:

Any beat writers named Gibson should be afraid right now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

Any beat writers named Gibson should be afraid right now. 

Word has it Hoshino Ibanez took an extended vacation to visit family in Japan and Rusty Fender is no where to be found.  :o

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, greend said:

A cool million would do it.

How about we meet in the middle and give you a turkey hill post of the day tshirt?

1 hour ago, rambo said:

How about we meet in the middle and give you a turkey hill post of the day tshirt?

Got one already, but thanks

On 6/26/2021 at 4:25 PM, LacesOut said:

So who is left to write about the Iggles?? Jeff McLane? Ugh. Eww.

This is the problem. Personally I like McLane but the purge of all the veteran beat writers will inevitably lessen the quality of the information fans get.  We beach about "the media" (whatever that means anymore) but in fact, trained, experienced journalists are indispensable. 

I think Marc Narducci and Ed Barkowitz took the buyout as well.  The  heard is thinning. 

Just went back to Philly for a wedding this weekend.  i stopped at Wawa for my morning coffee and grabbed a Daily News.  The paper cost $2.95.  I was stunned.  it was thin and the last time I bought it i think it was 75 cents.  On the way out...

Sad news. Philly is losing some great sports writers to Twitter.  

Moviedrome Redux: 'Idiocracy' (2006) » We Are Cult

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 12:17 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Why is anyone shocked?  Print Journalism is dead as we know it.  Do people even pay for the online content?  I think we have our answer.  

Yep, the landscape of journalism has been totally disrupted.

I'll admit I'm going to miss the traditional sports beat writer once they're all extinct, but it's a massively shifting tide that's not going to stop any time soon. I do hope we get some sort of respectable local sports journalism in the new media landscape, but not sure market forces will support it. If they do, I see markets like Philly, Boston, New York and Chicago being the type of markets who will as they have rabid fanbases who appreciate a local perspective.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Yep, the landscape of journalism has been totally disrupted.

I'll admit I'm going to miss the traditional sports beat writer once they're all extinct, but it's a massively shifting tide that's not going to stop any time soon. I do hope we get some sort of respectable local sports journalism in the new media landscape, but not sure market forces will support it. If they do, I see markets like Philly, Boston, New York and Chicago being the type of markets who will as they have rabid fanbases who appreciate a local perspective.

On 6/29/2021 at 1:07 AM, weko said:

Just went back to Philly for a wedding this weekend.  i stopped at Wawa for my morning coffee and grabbed a Daily News.  The paper cost $2.95.  I was stunned.  it was thin and the last time I bought it i think it was 75 cents.  On the way out...

Agreed.  The printing isn't the point - good content can thrive on any platform and most major media outlets have robust digital platforms these days.  But getting people to pay for digital content after they've been getting it for free forever is tough.  And the quality platforms that pay their employees a living wage are limited. Yes the big markets will be able to support quality journalism to some degree but what about the midsized towns?  Tough going. 

• Like 3

Which position on the Eagles does Domowitch play? Oh, wait... I thought this forum specifically excluded talking about any other stuff except the Eagles and their players.

30 minutes ago, Big___Al said:

Which position on the Eagles does Domowitch play? Oh, wait... I thought this forum specifically excluded talking about any other stuff except the Eagles and their players.

There have been exceptions over the years (obviously that comment includes the previous Eagles-sponsored MBs).  I see nothing wrong with allowing posts on those that have covered this team for so many years … they are just as (if not more) relevant than many players that have suited up here.  🙂

• Like 2

This speaks volumes

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 7:52 PM, Big___Al said:

STFU.

Domo talked about the Eagles and their players. For years. 

The attrition of people who write and cover the Birds means something to people who liked reading their columns. Columns that Talked About The Eagles. TATE.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LacesOut said:

STFU.

Domo talked about the Eagles and their players. For years. 

The attrition of people who write and cover the Birds means something to people who liked reading their columns. Columns that Talked About The Eagles. TATE.

Gosh, man, take a powder. Taking my comments a little too seriously.

I'll miss both Bowen and Domowich.  I just hope they are replaced with people as competent and level headed as they were. 

On 7/9/2021 at 7:56 AM, paco said:

This speaks volumes

A few weeks ago I was in a small supermarket in central Bucks County. The local paper had someone near the entrance giving away free papers and of course encouraging people to subscribe. Even at free, he didn't appear to be having much luck. SWMBO had been a subscriber to that paper for years (decades) and even did some work as a stringer for them. She dropped the subscription about 4-5 years ago. They were moving toward partisan in their coverage after being pretty evenhanded. She wasn't paying for that. That paper had been acquired by a larger publisher some years ago which may have played a role in their editorial decisions. Whatever the reason they lost a long time subscriber.

• Like 1