The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

BirdsFanBill

I have xbox gamepass and this is free on there so downloading this now since life is meaningless and no one can do anything for the next thousand months. 

Obviously it got great reviews and whatnot but I've never played any of them. Any tips or suggestions before I dive into this world?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Played for about an hour or so. Just met with this herb chick to find out where to get some griffin bait. 

Seems like a cool game although the main character seems a bit monotone and soap opera dramatic like. 

Anyway I'm enjoying it so far def gonna continue. 

34 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol Witcher was always a game I'd say I planned on getting but never did

Well nows certainly the time.

44 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Well nows certainly the time.

It's weird but I actually want to wait until PS5 to play any new games. I feel like I'm missing out because I have a 4K tv and PS4

It's an awesome game. The story is the best part of it and you can definitely catch on quickly starting with Witcher 3. I would also recommend playing it on a harder difficulty because it makes the gameplay more challenging and rewarding.

• Like 1

Really enjoying it so far. Trashed some puny griffin, found the hot sorceress, now heading out to go find the emperors daughter. I've been basically choosing to annihilate these people at inns who keep disrespecting me. I give them one chance to leave me alone and when they dont I choose the dialogue that leads to them all dying.

On 5/3/2020 at 5:46 PM, BirdsFanBill said:

Really enjoying it so far. Trashed some puny griffin, found the hot sorceress, now heading out to go find the emperors daughter. I've been basically choosing to annihilate these people at inns who keep disrespecting me. I give them one chance to leave me alone and when they dont I choose the dialogue that leads to them all dying.

Recommendations:

- Boost the difficulty cause you can get pretty overpowered pretty quickly.

- Learn to dodge. Blocking doesn't really work well on monsters and the roll away makes it really hard to attack back.

- Don't ignore alchemy.  Highest damage you can do in the game is if you max out alchemy and chug decoctions like a frat boy on spring break. Get high level oils and make sure you use the right type before a fight and your damage goes up 50%. The game is easy enough that you can really pick whatever "style" you want but at least max out Acquired tolerance.  Boosts your tolerance by a lot by the games end and you can drink a lot more stuff. Synergy can be really good too. Maxed out you boost your mutagen skills slots by 50%.  So for example you have a Greater Red mutagen attached to 3 red skills you go from +40% attack damage to +60%.  Green would be from +600 HP to +900.  Blue +40% sign intensity to +60%

-If you like the game the expansions are absolutely worth the money.  Like 40 hours of new gameplay and really interesting missions.

- Be very careful about your actions in regards to other main characters (love interests, Ciri etc).  Part of The Witcher's schtick is there are plenty of no-win situations, but it's also pretty easy to get "bad outcomes/endings" for some seemingly pretty innocuous decisions. If that's going to bother you look up some spoilers.

• Like 2