Andrew Booth Jr. (Clemson CB) -- DRAFTED BY MINNESOTA #42

time2rock

Booth1.JPG.1ebcd75480fcc76e8122d96e9563565a.JPG

Booth2.JPG.dcaac8cca8e0b009f9eb9034921945c2.JPG

Booth3.JPG.82f3fefb9231363ae9b12872417f62b2.JPG

Booth4b.JPG.ab589275f926cb99acd751bdbed1bec3.JPG

Pros:

Leinweber: Great overall athlete with springy explosiveness. Booth is shot out of a cannon, allowing him to break and make up lost ground quickly. Trusting his deep speed, he does not have to get hands on receivers as he can run with them stride for stride. He uses his lower body twitch and flexible hips to change directions and transition rapidly. Foot speed to mirror is great and he is very agile moving laterally which he uses to get in front of wideouts in off. Booth is incredibly competitive, using his long arms to contest the catch point and coming down with passes spectacularly. In run support, he plays with his hair on fire, making him a playmaker. He tackles reliably.

Bogan: Twitchy athlete who brings a compact frame and long limbs to the cornerback position. Energy jumps off the tape with his effort and urgency he plays with. Plays with savvy pre-snap, doing his best to disguise his alignments and not give the quarterback an indicator. Excellent feel for playing press bail where he matches the tempo of the receiver so that he can still be aggressive on underneath routes. Makes a conscious effort to keep his front shoulder down while in a crossover run, allowing him to play with balance out of his breaks and stay low. Exhibits good long speed to carry receivers vertically on a consistent basis. Very good fluidity to flip his hips and stay in phase with receivers, showing noticeable acceleration to burst when needing to turn and run. An easy mover who displays excellent short area quickness driving downhill on throws, plays with clean footwork when planting out of his breaks. Superb ball skills to track the football and highpoint with soft hands, is a consistent competitor at the catch point. Loves to be a part of the run game, showing urgency to come up and be an efficient tackler on ball carriers of all sizes due to his strong frame and long arms aiding his tackling radius.

Cons:

Leinweber: An inexperienced player who is still prone to making mistakes. Booth will take false steps in man coverage. In zone and from off, he can be late to turn and run, letting wideouts get past him. A lack of eye discipline causes him to bite on the occasional double move. His athleticism allows Booth to get away with mistakes in college that he will be punished for at the next level.

Bogan: Inexperience shows up on tape as his energy can be a detriment at times causing his eye discipline to be all over the place. Has a bad habit of looking at the quarterback in man coverage and allowing receivers to climb on his toes, forcing him to be a step behind when he transitions. Lack of press coverage reps shows up in his willingness to give receivers too much space off the line of scrimmage instead of using his quick feet to mirror receivers laterally or use his length to force receivers to run around him.

Summary:

Leinweber: Wiry, long-armed corner with special movement skills and springy athleticism. Booth is very competitive in the run game and at the catch point. Inconsistencies in timing and technique are usually bailed out by his athleticism. Booth projects as a playmaking cornerback who will only get better as many of the flaws he has are coachable. He has the physical talent and demeanor to develop into one of the best players at the position in the NFL. 

Bogan: Well put-together cornerback with top-tier athletic abilities that NFL teams will covet at the top of the draft. Inexperience causes him to rely too often on his athleticism which will get him burned at the next level. A supremely gifted athlete with high energy and superb ball skills, his best football is still ahead of him. Will take over his first full year as a starter next fall which will come with high expectations. Limited games show a player who can be one of the NFL’s elite cornerbacks and will certainly warrant a first-round pick if he builds on last season.

Background: 

Raised in Dacula, Georgia. A five-star recruit according to 247Sports. Standout return man in high school. Communication major. Academic standout. 

One-Liners

Leinweber: Wiry cornerback with special movement skills and springy athleticism. Booth has the physical talent and demeanor to develop into one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL.

Bogan: Supremely gifted athlete with high energy and superb ball skills, his best football is still ahead of him. Limited games show a player who can be one of the NFL’s elite cornerbacks and will certainly warrant a first-round pick if he builds on last season.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/scouting-reports/andrewboothjr

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Great game 1 against Georgia. Looking forward to seeing how he progresses this year 

Fantastic. Good start

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

He is on my list for a #1 pick option at CB.  Interested to see how he plays rest of season etc and depending on what picks the Eagles end up with in 1st round.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Is this guy still a realistic possibility,  given our draft position vs his current stock/projection.

I liked what I saw from him late in the season 

5 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Is this guy still a realistic possibility,  given our draft position vs his current stock/projection.

I liked what I saw from him late in the season 

So hard to project because you just don't know how some teams feel about any given player.  If I had to guess Stingley and Gardner are the first 2 taken and Booth and McCreary would be next off the board, falling more in our range.  Fingers crossed.  

• Like 1

I think all these CB1s have basically the same grade at this point. The combine and 40 yard dash will be the separating factor.

Stingley is the only one that is on a different talent level, but his medical and sub-par play for 2 out of his 3 years will factor in.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 9:59 PM, time2rock said:

So hard to project because you just don't know how some teams feel about any given player.  If I had to guess Stingley and Gardner are the first 2 taken and Booth and McCreary would be next off the board, falling more in our range.  Fingers crossed.  

And Elam, not to forget.

Booth would be my 3rd CB after Sauce and Stingley.  Like Surtain who was my number 1 last year, Sauce and Booth are both physical corners. 
 Stingley as a freshman went against Chase nearly every practice, and Jefferson in others, if he was allowed to turn pro after his freshman season, Stingley probably would of been a top 10 pick.  He has the abilty but he just couldn’t stay healthy.  

On 10/13/2021 at 9:55 PM, proveagle said:

He is on my list for a #1 pick option at CB.  Interested to see how he plays rest of season etc and depending on what picks the Eagles end up with in 1st round.

I'm with you here and based on our #1's he should be there, there's also another guy that I like that I ran across today, I'll post him tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Booth and Gardner are my favorite CBs in this draft.  If he's on the board the Eagles would be wise to take him.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I hope Booth lasts to 51. He would be a great pick up. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

I hope Booth lasts to 51. He would be a great pick up. 

Dean, Booth, Ojabo and Brisker still on the board… any of those four would be great picks. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, nipples said:

Dean, Booth, Ojabo and Brisker still on the board… any of those four would be great picks. 

Can't disagree there although I think I would prefer Booth or Brisker over Dean.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Any chance we trade up from 51 to get Booth?

Only way I see it is if we trade one of the few picks we have left. We can also offer a pick from next year and or a player like Dillard or Reagor. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jsdarkstar said:

Only way I see it is if we trade one of the few picks we have left. We can also offer a pick from next year and or a player like Dillard or Reagor. 

We might need to throw in a pick to get someone to take Reagor.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Any chance we trade up from 51 to get Booth?

If no one takes him with the first 7 picks I would love to see Howie swing a deal to send pick 51 to Seattle along with Reagor to get him.  They really only have Lockett and some other guy (forget his name :lol: ).  That would give us basically value of a late 3rd /early 4th in return for him.  

Imagine ...

Turning Wentz into AJ Brown

Turning Reagor into Booth

I think we could trade Dillard, unless there is a plan for him elsewhere.

I think we could also trade Minshew. He has some value.

We could trade Fletcher Cox or Brandon Graham, but not sure what that does to us with the cap.

We could trade Jalen Reagor, Greg Ward, JJAW.

We could trade guys like Driscoll, Seumalo, Herbig .

We could trade a pick from next year.

We could trade for Nick Foles and then trade him.

1 hour ago, CouchKing said:

I think we could trade Dillard, unless there is a plan for him elsewhere.

I think we could also trade Minshew. He has some value.

We could trade Fletcher Cox or Brandon Graham, but not sure what that does to us with the cap.

We could trade Jalen Reagor, Greg Ward, JJAW.

We could trade guys like Driscoll, Seumalo, Herbig .

We could trade a pick from next year.

We could trade for Nick Foles and then trade him.

They could and should trade Dillard. I think he holds some value and ultimately not sure what real value he adds here. 

I don't think anyone is trading for Cox. He's on a one year deal so they'd have to trade for him and give him a contract. 

We should trade Reagor but that's just not going to happen. Nobody is giving up anything to get him. Ward has little value and JJAW the same. 

They could have traded Seumalo if they'd added a OG and I guess they still may? He has value but I'd definitely keep Driscoll.

Some of this sounds nice.  None of it sounds likely.

(Sorry to sound so grumpy.  Yesterday was actually good.  It's just that I've been wanting things that I knew we couldn't have.  And I was right.  We didn't get them.)

NFL.com projects Booth to the Giants in the 2nd Round.