Why

Rob331

I really don't understand why this forum isn't a part of the Eagles official website. 

• Like 1

Profit. The EMB is a niche market to them, which they didn't figure how to capitalize. Instead they profited greatly with the deal they now have with reddit and feel the EMB is redundant. 

• Like 1

Go to the Eagles website and look at the stories.  None really have anything to do about football.  The Eagles are all about self promotion anymore.  It has been that way.  Their website is as bad as it gets.  I keep reading about all the open training camp practices other teams are having.  How about the Eagles?  Are they doing the fans a big "favor" by having two at the Linc again?    

Who cares, just be glad we still have it. Why does it need to be on the Eagles site? 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Who cares, just be glad we still have it. Why does it need to be on the Eagles site? 

being able to access it directly from the eagles app was nice.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, astrofed said:

being able to access it directly from the eagles app was nice.

You can do that with this too. Make it a short cut app on your home screen. 

• Like 1

The Eagles website needs to be a part of this forum, not the other way around. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Why would anyone go to the website anyway?

Cause they are nerds

• Haha 1

We got the boards back and it’s still alive. That’s all that matters. And now we all can keep it alive & don’t have to worry so much about someone cutting the cord for no reason. 

• Like 4

I wonder if the tragic to their site has diminished since they dumped EMB? There was a time their site was getting awards for being the best, but I doubt so now. 

20 hours ago, mihailo said:

Profit. The EMB is a niche market to them, which they didn't figure how to capitalize. Instead they profited greatly with the deal they now have with reddit and feel the EMB is redundant. 

I don't think they have any ties to the subreddit officially. 

11 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

To hear how great all the players are when really they arent. 

On 7/10/2021 at 12:09 PM, Rob331 said:

I really don't understand why this forum isn't a part of the Eagles official website. 

We were the online linebackers.   Not very important in the scheme of things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I stopped going when they stopped doing Eagles Live many years ago

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I wonder if the tragic to their site has diminished since they dumped EMB? There was a time their site was getting awards for being the best, but I doubt so now. 

you’d be surprised how little of the % of traffic goes to boards. I remember when IMDB lost their wildly popular message boards (which were front and center on every individual page), it was a huge deal and there was an uproar in the IMDB community that the site would crumble without them… and their traffic didn’t even change by a tenth of a percent.

I haven't even gone to the main site since they shut down the boards. I have the app on my phone and occasionally (not very often) will read something on there if the notification seems interesting enough. I mostly get my news on injuries from here and get other Eagles related news from 411 here or from YouTube dudes.  

On 7/10/2021 at 3:09 PM, Rob331 said:

Jeff Lurie is a greedy old **** and didn't think we were worth his effort.

Oh and Dave Spadaro sucks

• Like 1

Now do you finally realize this is a business and they do things to make money and not listen to us arm chair GM/HC/Owners...

Some funny moments on the Eagles website Pre-Chip Kelly...Reese yelling at Howie over his crappy drafting was great on Eagles Live...a lot of people arguing with Spadaro about being a puppet was good too.

• Like 1

OP, now you've done it.

PfZHcks.gif