5. Ricky Watters

wanted to say TO but then remembered he was actually a trade

1 Steven ("Steve") Nelson

2 Anthony Harris

3 Ryan Kerrigan

4 Eric Wilson

5 Nick Foles

• Haha 2

Doing mine purely on how much I like the player...

1) Evan Mathis

2) Malcolm Jenkins

3) Troy Vincent

4) Brandon Brooks

5) Connor Barwin

1) Nick Foles

2) Alshon Jeffery 

3) Patrick Robinson

4)   LeGarrette Blount

5) Chris Long

Doing mine on the group that helped give the Eagles their only Super Bowl and thus making me happy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

1) Nick Foles

2) Alshon Jeffery 

3) Patrick Robinson

4)   LeGarrette Blount

5) Chris Long

Doing mine on the group that helped give the Eagles their only Super Bowl and thus making me happy. 

This list shows that you don't need megabucks FA signings at the beginning of free agency to help your team.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Procus said:

This list shows that you don't need megabucks FA signings at the beginning of free agency to help your team.

It also shows that one year prove it deals can work. Seems like as soon as these guys got longer term deals they all fizzled out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

It also shows that one year prove it deals can work. Seems like as soon as these guys got longer term deals they all fizzled out. 

None of them.got long term deals though except Jeffery and at the time he was the youngest and one of the biggest pieces to that super bowl run ( other then foles but we know that story) . So it was understandable to give him a long term contract. The eff up there was not even a year into the contract they restructured it already and guaranteeing large sums up front. 

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

None of them.got long term deals though except Jeffery and at the time he was the youngest and one of the biggest pieces to that super bowl run ( other then foles but we know that story) . So it was understandable to give him a long term contract. The eff up there was not even a year into the contract they restructured it already and guaranteeing large sums up front. 

Foles got a long term deal from the Jags, and Robinson got one from the Saints. Blount and Long were basically at the end of their careers, but both were looking for contracts. 

Foles got a long term deal from the Jags, and Robinson got one from the Saints. Blount and Long were basically at the end of their careers, but both were looking for contracts. 

Ok but it wasn't from the eagles

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ok but it wasn't from the eagles

I don’t think I wrote from the Eagles bud. Just stating when these guys got longer termed deals they fizzled out. Jeffery just happened to get his from the Eagles and it turned out to be a mistake. I guess the point I’m trying to make is one year deals can work, and if the guy doesn’t pan out the team can simply walk away. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t think I wrote from the Eagles bud. Just stating when these guys got longer termed deals they fizzled out. Jeffery just happened to get his from the Eagles and it turned out to be a mistake. I guess the point I’m trying to make is one year deals can work, and if the guy doesn’t pan out the team can simply walk away. 

Jeffery definitely should of been signed people would of lost their minds if they let him walk after the super bowl. Like I said it was the restructured contract barley a year later that was the mistake. Letting the rest go or giving another 1 year was the right move

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Jeffery definitely should of been signed people would of lost their minds if they let him walk after the super bowl. Like I said it was the restructured contract barley a year later that was the mistake. Letting the rest go or giving another 1 year was the right move

Foles got two years and they did right to let him go. People might have lost their minds over the Alshon move until he did what he did later for other teams. I’m not saying that one year deals are the only way to do this after all we can name a lot of guys who were given long term deals who did pan out like Runyan. I’m only stating that one year prove it deals can be good too, because if they don’t pan out there’s no long term commitment. I wish Namdi was on a one year deal.

Foles got two years and they did right to let him go. People might have lost their minds over the Alshon move until he did what he did later for other teams. I’m not saying that one year deals are the only way to do this after all we can name a lot of guys who were given long term deals who did pan out like Runyan. I’m only stating that one year prove it deals can be good too, because if they don’t pan out there’s no long term commitment. I wish Namdi was on a one year deal.

Meh even I was fooled by Namdi lol. I thought it was an amazing signing 

• Like 1

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Meh even I was fooled by Namdi lol. I thought it was an amazing signing 

Me too! 😂

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Me too! 😂

I did how ever say that dream team was poorly constructed before the season even began while most others were wacking off over all the moves that year.

It was funny actually that was supposedly the first year Howie had full control over Reid and was given credit for that team. One of my friends texted me saying omg Reid is so amazing I can't believe he put this team together. I said " no this team is going to suck it's poorly constructed and you should be praising Howie not Reid. So technically I hated Howie first! Lol. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I did how ever say that dream team was poorly constructed before the season even began while most others were wacking off over all the moves that year.

It was funny actually that was supposedly the first year Howie had full control over Reid and was given credit for that team. One of my friends texted me saying omg Reid is so amazing I can't believe he put this team together. I said " no this team is going to suck it's poorly constructed and you should be praising Howie not Reid. So technically I hated Howie first! Lol. 

Howie constructed that team, but Reid built that horrible coaching staff that was just as poorly constructed as that team. It’s not all his fault though, because teams had be decimating his staff for nearly a decade at that point. Still he probably should have "did a better job” of grooming some younger coaches to replace those guys.

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie constructed that team, but Reid built that horrible coaching staff that was just as poorly constructed as that team. It’s not all his fault though, because teams had be decimating his staff for nearly a decade at that point. Still he probably should have "did a better job” of grooming some younger coaches to replace those guys.

Reid got stupid towards the end all he wanted to hire and keep on his staff towards the end were his unqualified buddies he still does it but, has been a lot better at picking the right guys. Doug tried doing the same sheet except he was horrible at it from the word go ( also doesn't help Howie and Lurie were micromanaging his ass lol) 

Also helps that Reid has 2 people to answer to now and doenst get full control

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

1) Nick Foles

2) Alshon Jeffery 

3) Patrick Robinson

4)   LeGarrette Blount

5) Chris Long

I might even go so far as to replace #2 with Torrey Smith. Smith didn't have eye-popping stats here, but that was the last time we had a deep threat all year that defenses respected, which opened everything up underneath and boosted our running efficiency. People don't discuss it much, but probably the biggest reason we struggled offensively is because we ditched the Smith contract and signed Wallace who got hurt in week 1. Mack Hollins also was hurt all that year and never looked the same after the sports hernia. We have yet to find someone we can count on in that role (through 2020). 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

One year deals are great.  The players have an incentive to give it everything they've got.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Reid got stupid towards the end all he wanted to hire and keep on his staff towards the end were his unqualified buddies he still does it but, has been a lot better at picking the right guys. Doug tried doing the same sheet except he was horrible at it from the word go ( also doesn't help Howie and Lurie were micromanaging his ass lol) 

Also helps that Reid has 2 people to answer to now and doenst get full control

The Howard Mudd fiasco ultimately help cost Reid is job.  Reid wanted Mudd badly, but he was also loyal - hence Juan Castillo's promotion to DC.  Lurie was not happy with the move, and that, combined with the ugly incident with Reid's son overdosing at TC did him in.

• Like 2

Just now, Procus said:

The Howard Mudd fiasco ultimately help cost Reid is job.  Reid wanted Mudd badly, but he was also loyal - hence Juan Castillo's promotion to DC.  Lurie was not happy with the move, and that, combined with the ugly incident with Reid's son overdosing at TC did him in.

The Jim Washburn fiasco also didn't help. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

The Jim Washburn fiasco also didn't help. 

Neither did the 4-12 fiasco.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I might even go so far as to replace #2 with Torrey Smith. Smith didn't have eye-popping stats here, but that was the last time we had a deep threat all year that defenses respected, which opened everything up underneath and boosted our running efficiency. People don't discuss it much, but probably the biggest reason we struggled offensively is because we ditched the Smith contract and signed Wallace who got hurt in week 1. Mack Hollins also was hurt all that year and never looked the same after the sports hernia. We have yet to find someone we can count on in that role (through 2020). 

You know I thought Smith was a trade. It seemed like for months they were talking about trading for him and he finally ended up here.