DL Destroys Dillard

weko

Looks like the off season hasn't done anything to improve this stiff's game.  

• Like 2

Good.  He and more importantly the coaches) knows where he stands and the work ahead of him. 

im going out on a limb and predicting he gets it together this season 

26 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Quality thread

A lot better than the quality of the decision to take Dillard in the 1st round without ANYONE from the organization interviewing him.  They're a reason all those teams passed on him.  He's soft as Charmin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weko said:

No link, tweet, video, nothing. Fail.

• Like 3

This is true but what is also true is Mailata has shown up to claim his throne at LT.  

11 minutes ago, NOTW said:

No link, tweet, video, nothing. Fail.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-training-camp-notes-day-2-jordan-mailata-takes-early-lt-lead-over-andre-dillard-058882/

Eagles training camp notes, Day 2: Jordan Mailata takes early LT lead over Andre Dillard

• On Day 1 of camp, Andre Dillard got the first opportunity to play with the first-team offense. On Day 2, it was Jordan Mailata. Dillard had a rough day.

In 1-on-1's, Josh Sweat gained the edge on Dillard, and all Dillard could do to slow him down was wrap his arm around Sweat's neck. Clear as day holding call. Later in 1-on-1's, he overset to the outside against Derek Barnett, who cut back inside and beat Dillard badly. In 11-on-11's, Barnett was on his way to a win around the edge, but Dillard basically tackled him. Again, a clear holding call.

Mailata, meanwhile was a brick wall for most of the day. Barnett tried to bull rush him at one point, but Mailata and his long levers kept him at bay. Mailata did a nice job using his long arms to his advantage during the season last year, too, shown here:

Heading into camp, I figured Mailata would win the LT job, because, well, he's a better football player. It's early, and they haven't even put on the pads yet (so, grain of salt and whatnot), but Dillard isn't off to an encouraging start, while Mailata is.

I don't mind if he does poorly, just so long as Mailata continues to develop the way he seems to be. I want him to take over and dominate the way JP did. 

I just hope the Eagles don’t try and give the job to Dillard because of his first round pick status. Just like the want to see Hurts "take the reins” then the same should be said for Dillard. I have serious doubts that he can though. 

well if he continues to flop..it just get worse..what does that do to his trade value if he can't beat out a 7th round pick with 2 years (?)  of football experience....

10 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

he overset to the outside against Derek Barnett, who cut back inside and beat Dillard badly. In 11-on-11's, Barnett was on his way to a win around the edge, but Dillard basically tackled him. Again, a clear holding call.

Getting beat by Barnett twice  is not good, he rarely beats anyone.

12 hours ago, weko said:

There is already a topic:  Mailata vs. Dillard.  And if you start a topic, give a link or some evidence.  Enjoy the replies in RnR.

11 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

2 days into training camp

true, but it's not like he has anything to fall back on in his career. 

hell, just staying healthy would be a HUGE improvement. 

This doesn't matter anyway, the Eagles aren't doing anything this year anyway. probably decades to be honest:rolleyes: 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Another victim of left coastal PAC-12-itis. Shame.

Hey bud, how bout I fight you 

17 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

Hey bud, how bout I fight you 

OK old timer. In the finest soft left coast tradition...Dueling quiche spoons at dawn.

• Haha 1