Giants once again off to a good start

NOTW

5 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

You are an idiot. I despise them so much and they ruin my life and day. It was good seeing them being inept for about a decade. Now they are back to pissing me off immediately.

And you are Daniel Jones's bish. 

Now run along, twerp.

Just now, Boogyman said:

And you are Daniel Jones's bish. 

Now run along, twerp.

Do you love your sad Pez logo?

Just now, wrestlevessel said:

Do you love your sad Pez logo?

Go hide under the blankets, you cowardly wreck of an almost man, the Giants may be in your closet. 

The Giants have led once after 3 quarters all year. Jones has 4 game winning drives through 6 games. He had 3 GWDs in his first 38 games. You have to give them credit for getting to 5-1. I don't know what it means going forward at this point.

Are they going to crash down and finish 9-8?Are they going to win 11 games and lose by 24 in the playoffs? Its hard to tell because they are a bad metrics football team who keeps winning. Call it luck or clutch or whatever.  Good job so far.

They could be 7-5 when they host the Eagles. They could be 10-2. I have no idea.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SkippyX said:

The Giants have led once after 3 quarters all year. Jones has 4 game winning drives through 6 games. He had 3 GWDs in his first 38 games. You have to give them credit for getting to 5-1. I don't know what it means going forward at this point.

Are they going to crash down and finish 9-8?Are they going to win 11 games and lose by 24 in the playoffs? Its hard to tell because they are a bad metrics football team who keeps winning. Call it luck or clutch or whatever.  Good job so far.

They could be 7-5 when they host the Eagles. They could be 10-2. I have no idea.

They're definitely an enigma. Probably winning a year early. Some of the bad metrics can be attributed to deficiencies in two areas, WR and interior OL. WR is especially frustrating because the talent is there. These friggin guys just can't stay on the field (Toney, Shepard, Robinson) or have suddenly regressed (Golladay). I said the ceiling for this team was 8-9 wins. I'll probably stick with that, although they might get to 10. If they get to the playoffs they won't be blown out (if somewhat healthy). The defense gives up yardage, but not points, and the pass rush is going to be deadly by the end of the year with Ojulari back healthy and Thibodeaux getting more snaps.

When I think of the NY Giants Offense the first name that comes to mind is Saquon Barkley whom is 2nd in the NFL in rushing yards with 616 only to Nick Chubb's 649 but with Barkely having 9 more attempts.  Barkley has fourteen more attempts than Miles Sanders whom is forth with 485 yards rushing.

I than think about the first round seventh overall pick rookie Right Tackle Evan Neal whom is clearly the shinning star on their O-Line. Other than those two the only other person I could recall from memory without looking it up is their QB Daniel Jones. When I think of Jones I think of that long run he had where he tripped on his own feet and fell instead of getting a touchdown last season. I then think is he any good, and I realize other than the running game in which his HB is really doing all the hard work his Oline isn't very good and his WRs are well below average. I think they need one great WR just to see if Jones truly is any good.

I mean sure he currently has a Quarterback Rating of 54.7 with only five touchdowns and 1,021 yards passing. He tends to protect the football rather well with only two interceptions and no fumbles after six games. He's not known like Jalen Hurts as a rushing QB yet he has 236 yards rushing this season on 47 attempts (5.0 avg) compared to Jalen Hurts whom has 293 yards on 77 attempts for a (3.8) average.  In fact he has a higher average rushing 5.6 than Jalen Hurts 5.1 over his career and he played a season longer than him. 

I think the Giants new GM has changed a team that was constantly made fun of for the last few years into a playoff contender, and us Eagles fans should take the Giants series seriously as I think it might be the only team to give the Eagles a tough game considering how the Eagles have been at stopping the run when Jordan Davis isn't taking the snap.

I tend to look at the Giants defense more than their offense. The rookie that some thought would go first overall, WOLB Kayvon Thibodeaux whom had a dirty hit on him earlier in the season. Leonard Williams and NT Dexter Lawrence that provide a nasty pass rush. I think the Giants really are a season away from being a real threat. They need to draft an elite cornerback, and a great MILB in the 2nd round. 

I think the Eagles will sweep the Giants but I think both games will be really close.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I hate to say it but I think they will get the #1 seed. Crazy as that is. 

Zero percent chance, especially if the guys that went down today (2 OL, TE) are out for an extended period of time and other key players don't come back. 

10 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Zero percent chance, especially if they guy that went down today (2 OL, TE) are out for an extended period of time and other key players don't come back. 

You have such an easy schedule and things are mostly going your way. You have a very good chance. 

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

To the Super Bowl, that's where the Giants will go!!!

They buying tickets early?

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You have such an easy schedule and things are mostly going your way. You have a very good chance. 

You guys have an equally easy schedule and everything (not mostly) has gone your way. Why would that stop? Metrics favor the Eagles and suggest a bit of a decline from the Giants, but if we get healthy we’re definitely going to give you hell down the stretch. I think Jones is every bit as good as Hurts, but your guy just has better pieces around him and protecting him. That’s going to be the difference. 

Please Seattle, Pete Caroll, and Geno. Somehow can you please pull an upset and beat this unstoppable force?

On 10/9/2022 at 12:51 PM, wrestlevessel said:

I live in the area so I have to deal with all the hype on sports talk radio and all their fans. It sucks. This win will get them very cocky and the media won't shut up about it.

Did your radio come with a dial? You know you can listen to music instead. 

8 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Did your radio come with a dial? You know you can listen to music instead. 

I rather hear sports talk radio when driving to and from work. Current music sucks lol.

1 minute ago, wrestlevessel said:

I rather hear sports talk radio when driving to and from work. Current music sucks lol.

Well, the sports talk obviously stresses you out. You can listen to music from your phone. 

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Well, the sports talk obviously stresses you out. You can listen to music from your phone. 

Let him listen to the Giants maybe he will go off a bridge 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Then we get to read about him whining about car repairs lol.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Bwestbrook you are so cruel.

• Haha 1

On 10/23/2022 at 10:20 PM, BKLYNYG said:

You guys have an equally easy schedule and everything (not mostly) has gone your way

Our fans like to talk up bad teams as being good teams, to make it seem like our schedule is harder then it really is.

Lions is a good example of that, still the same old trash lions. However, we talked them up like they are playoff bound before and after we played them. Same for the jaguars. 

Now they say your schedule is ridiculously easy when you still have to play us twice... Wtf sense does that make? 

On 10/25/2022 at 5:13 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Our fans like to talk up bad teams as being good teams, to make it seem like our schedule is harder then it really is.

Lions is a good example of that, still the same old trash lions. However, we talked them up like they are playoff bound before and after we played them. Same for the jaguars. 

Now they say your schedule is ridiculously easy when you still have to play us twice... Wtf sense does that make? 

The schedules are essentially the same. I do think we’ve had a few more injuries than you guys, but that seems to happen every year. It’s clearly an organizational weakness for us. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 10:20 PM, BKLYNYG said:

You guys have an equally easy schedule and everything (not mostly) has gone your way. Why would that stop? Metrics favor the Eagles and suggest a bit of a decline from the Giants, but if we get healthy we’re definitely going to give you hell down the stretch. I think Jones is every bit as good as Hurts, but your guy just has better pieces around him and protecting him. That’s going to be the difference. 

I always can count on this section of the EMB for a few laughs:roll: