Giants once again off to a good start

NOTW

10 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

It is a lock Daniel Jones is your QB now though. Too many teams need a QB right now and your pick won't be good since you guys are going like 12-5.

Good. We don't need a QB. Jones just needs weapons. 

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

You're having a pretty tough year predictions wise. 

I'm 9-5 in the upset thread and picked the Gmen to finish ahead of Dallas, so how so?

8 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'm 9-5 in the upset thread and picked the Gmen to finish ahead of Dallas, so how so?

I’m talking predictions on the season. You had Dallas pegged for a top 5 draft pick after 2 games. You’ve made some other bold predictions that I’d have to go find (you’re wrong on Jones too). 

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I’m talking predictions on the season. You had Dallas pegged for a top 5 draft pick after 2 games. You’ve made some other bold predictions that I’d have to go find (you’re wrong on Jones too). 

That the Seahawks wouldn't win a game lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Ok, yes me and about 90% of the football watching world wrote the pokes off when they lost Dak.  I also missed badly on the Seahawks record, sue me.  As for Nickels, I'm the guy who has been in here for 3 years telling you they wouldn't pick up his 5th year, I was right.  I have been telling you he will have a Ryan Tannehill/Bridgewater fringe starter type career for years.  That's exactly what he will have.  He has flashed enough to get another shot elsewhere but it won't be with NYG.

And I picked the Gmen to finish 2nd this year when absolutely no Giants fan here or that I know agreed.

26 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That the Seahawks wouldn't win a game lol

You beat me to it.  yeah, Me and 90% of the football watching world missed bad on the Hawks, I had em at 1-16.  But hey I'd love to see your posts predicting Geno Smith as a top 10 Qb.

35 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

You beat me to it.  yeah, Me and 90% of the football watching world missed bad on the Hawks, I had em at 1-16.  But hey I'd love to see your posts predicting Geno Smith as a top 10 Qb.

I don't have ridiculous predictions lol

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't have ridiculous predictions lol

FFS its a message board, go big or go home!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

Ok, yes me and about 90% of the football watching world wrote the pokes off when they lost Dak.  I also missed badly on the Seahawks record, sue me.  As for Nickels, I'm the guy who has been in here for 3 years telling you they wouldn't pick up his 5th year, I was right.  I have been telling you he will have a Ryan Tannehill/Bridgewater fringe starter type career for years.  That's exactly what he will have.  He has flashed enough to get another shot elsewhere but it won't be with NYG.

And I picked the Gmen to finish 2nd this year when absolutely no Giants fan here or that I know agreed.

Do you think Hurts is a fringe starter? Just curious what you think he would do with these pass catchers (Jones threw only a few times since the game plan was run heavy, but he had a perfect passer rating). I wonder what a guy like Tua would do with them as well (fringe last year, legendary this year with the Hill addition). Starters in bold: 

Slayton (WR) - solid #3 WR

Robinson (WR) - solid rookie slot WR

Golladay (WR) - completely useless (2 targets, 2 drops)

Hodgins (WR) - picked up off the Bills practice squad last week

Cager (TE) elevated from the practice squad last week 

Myarick (TE) elevated from the PS this week 

Hudson (TE) elevated from the PS this week

We have three other options at WR, Sills, Johnson and James. All PS players. Shepard is out for the year. Toney was traded. Complete fail at the WR position. We have a very promising rookie TE (Bellinger), but he's out with a serious eye injury. 

For the record, I would be happy with 2019, 2020 Tannehill. He was probably a top 10 QB those years. That works. 

9 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Do you think Hurts is a fringe starter? Just curious what you think he would do with these pass catchers (Jones threw only a few times since the game plan was run heavy, but he had a perfect passer rating). I wonder what a guy like Tua would do with them as well (fringe last year, legendary this year with the Hill addition). Starters in bold: 

Slayton (WR) - solid #3 WR

Robinson (WR) - solid rookie slot WR

Golladay (WR) - completely useless (2 targets, 2 drops)

Hodgins (WR) - picked up off the Bills practice squad last week

Cager (TE) elevated from the practice squad last week 

Myarick (TE) elevated from the PS this week 

Hudson (TE) elevated from the PS this week

We have three other options at WR, Sills, Johnson and James. All PS players. Shepard is out for the year. Toney was traded. Complete fail at the WR position. We have a very promising rookie TE (Bellinger), but he's out with a serious eye injury. 

For the record, I would be happy with 2019, 2020 Tannehill. He was probably a top 10 QB those years. That works. 

We have been talking about this guy for 4+ years, we've seen him with no Oline and good receivers we seen him now with solid Oline and bad recivers.  I was high on GMen as a WC-ish team this yr and one of main reasons was because I expected Daboll to unlock Jones the runner.  With his running ability being used to full potential he makes a solid game manager type, just like Ryan Tannehill.  Heck, one of his primo landing spots in off season, just might be Tennessee to replace Tannehill.

Will Daboll stick with him or let him test FA?  You tell me but I still think he's got about a 1/3 chance of actually sticking long term with the Giants.  I'd still betting against him getting a 2nd long term contract with the Giants.

As for Hurts, I'm still not 100% sure what to make of him.  i don't even want to get into the same Wentz/dak mistake of forming my opinion of him as a mere direct comparison with his divisional counterpart.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

We have been talking about this guy for 4+ years, we've seen him with no Oline and good receivers we seen him now with solid Oline and bad recivers.  I was high on GMen as a WC-ish team this yr and one of main reasons was because I expected Daboll to unlock Jones the runner.  With his running ability being used to full potential he makes a solid game manager type, just like Ryan Tannehill.  Heck, one of his primo landing spots in off season, just might be Tennessee to replace Tannehill.

Will Daboll stick with him or let him test FA?  You tell me but I still think he's got about a 1/3 chance of actually sticking long term with the Giants.  I'd still betting against him getting a 2nd long term contract with the Giants.

As for Hurts, I'm still not 100% sure what to make of him.  i don't even want to get into the same Wentz/dak mistake of forming my opinion of him as a mere direct comparison with his divisional counterpart.

You're right, we've been talking about Jones for 4 years and every year there are different circumstances (in addition to player movement, there's been coaching changes galore). I hope he gets a 2-3 year contract with the Giants. I'd like to see what he can do with above average receiving weapons, a solid OL AND coaching continuity. We have 2/3 in place. 

I think Hurts is a really good player, a winner and a great locker room guy, but he needs the pieces around him (he was on stacked Bama and OU teams and now a pretty stacked Eagles team). Hat tip to the Eagles front office for building the offense to match his strengths and going out and getting a stud WR (your GM is a lock for the front office award). It's made all the difference in the world. I trust this new Giants regime can do the same for Jones. Dak is in the same group. He's not elevating a team on his own. 

I'd be really happy with 10 wins (although the NFC East is a bit of fools gold this year with all of these easy schedules) and a playoff birth, but I'm still skeptical. 

Right, so Jones seems to be a perfectly capable "win with" guy.  Thing is Daboll has got a ton of security right now, so he's got the power to go get his guy to develop or his guy to bring in.  Other problem is its very rare for a team to give a starting QB they drafted a pedestrian 2nd contract.  I honestly can't remember last time it happened.  Usually you either give them the "going rate" (45m+/yr) or let them test FA.  

For the record I doubt that Hurts would survive a purging of Roseman/Sirianni.  He's just not that kind of QB and neither is Jones.

7 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Right, so Jones seems to be a perfectly capable "win with" guy.  Thing is Daboll has got a ton of security right now, so he's got the power to go get his guy to develop or his guy to bring in.  Other problem is its very rare for a team to give a starting QB they drafted a pedestrian 2nd contract.  I honestly can't remember last time it happened.  Usually you either give them the "going rate" (45m+/yr) or let them test FA.  

For the record I doubt that Hurts would survive a purging of Roseman/Sirianni.  He's just not that kind of QB and neither is Jones.

Hey if there's someone out there better than Jones, by all means go get him. We won't be in position to draft a top rated QB, so it's either a diamond in the rough late first rounder or someone like Carr from the Raiders when he gets released. I prefer they go the Eagles route and build around the QB they already have on the roster. But yes, the difference is Hurts is on the rookie deal and Jones will be in line for a decent sized contract. Is he worth it? I'll sit back and let Daboll decide. 

18 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Hey if there's someone out there better than Jones, by all means go get him. We won't be in position to draft a top rated QB, so it's either a diamond in the rough late first rounder or someone like Carr from the Raiders when he gets released. I prefer they go the Eagles route and build around the QB they already have on the roster. But yes, the difference is Hurts is on the rookie deal and Jones will be in line for a decent sized contract. Is he worth it? I'll sit back and let Daboll decide. 

If the Giants want to lock up Jones on a discount compared to going rate we are prolly talking about 4yr/160m/90mGt'd.  That's a plausible deal both sides might be able to accept.  personally I think they are headed to a tag situation with Nickels either playing under it or getting tagged and traded.

8 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

Now Giant fans will brag more with the Eagles loss to the Redskins.

Why? We didn’t beat you. 

Why? We didn’t beat you. 

He just needs to whine about any and all things Giants. 

11 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

Now Giant fans will brag more with the Eagles loss to the Redskins.

Stuff like this is why women visibly cringe whenever you walk into a room.

4 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He just needs to whine about any and all things Giants. 

Ha, I know. That was a pretty sound butt whooping last night. On one hand I'm like, yeaaa maybe we have a chance against the Eagles. Then on the other I'm like, crap there's no way we'll sweep the Commies. 

4 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Ha, I know. That was a pretty sound butt whooping last night. On one hand I'm like, yeaaa maybe we have a chance against the Eagles. Then on the other I'm like, crap there's no way we'll sweep the Commies. 

You may not sweep, but a split is very doable and you’re still 3 games ahead, so that’s a wash. 

15 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Why? We didn’t beat you. 

They already have been. I see it on facebook and the WFAN group lol.

The Giants go against the highest SOS in the league the rest of the way. Obviously pushed up by the 2 games against the Eagles, but if they make it to double digit wins I expect them to be a tough out in the playoffs. 

Terrible in all three phases plus coaching. Daboll is great, but the decision to use Adoree Jackson as a punt returner is indefensible. I think it should cost him his coach of the year bid (assuming he was in the running). 

Terrible in all three phases plus coaching. Daboll is great, but the decision to use Adoree Jackson as a punt returner is indefensible. I think it should cost him his coach of the year bid (assuming he was in the running). 

will-smith-crying-meme.jpg