Giants once again off to a good start

NOTW

50 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

I always can count on this section of the EMB for a few laughs:roll:

Where is Hurts clearly better? If you're going to waste everyone's times and just say, "err umm duhh well Hurts has passed for more yards" save it. 

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

Where is Hurts clearly better? If you're going to waste everyone's times and just say, "err umm duhh well Hurts has passed for more yards" save it. 

LOL, Daniel Jones is a joke QB. He's averaging 173 yards passing per game. That's Tebow territory.

Like 25 NFL QBs are clearly better, let alone Hurts at 250+ per game.

27 QBs are better at yards per pass

22 are better at ANY/A

Hurts has the Eagles offense in the top 5. Saquon has the Giants around 18th and Jones is there too, I guess.

Good on them for pulling out wins with fumbles into the end zone, stops at the 1, and missed last minute FGs.

None of that means Daniel Jones is an NFL QB. 32 out of 32 NFL FOs would agree and that includes NY who declined his 5th year option because he's a scrub.

Hurts is 2 or 3 in most peoples current MVP rankings.

Jones is not in the top 150. 

On 10/27/2022 at 9:20 PM, SkippyX said:

LOL, Daniel Jones is a joke QB. He's averaging 173 yards passing per game. That's Tebow territory.

Like 25 NFL QBs are clearly better, let alone Hurts at 250+ per game.

27 QBs are better at yards per pass

22 are better at ANY/A

Hurts has the Eagles offense in the top 5. Saquon has the Giants around 18th and Jones is there too, I guess.

Good on them for pulling out wins with fumbles into the end zone, stops at the 1, and missed last minute FGs.

None of that means Daniel Jones is an NFL QB. 32 out of 32 NFL FOs would agree and that includes NY who declined his 5th year option because he's a scrub.

Hurts is 2 or 3 in most peoples current MVP rankings.

Jones is not in the top 150. 

Give Hurts the practice squad WRs and offensive line that Jones is working with and let’s see if he averages 250 yards per game. I’ll spoil it for you, he wouldn’t even come close. Oh Jones is also in the first year of a completely new system. Look at Hurts last year, still with a much better offensive line but average skill position players and starting for the first time. Just over 200 yards per game (if that’s the stat you want to focus on). This year, same completion %, Jones with a slightly better QBR, Hurts a slightly better QB rating. Lots of hype around Hurts as a runner, Jones has been better (more yards per carry by a healthy margin). This is not necessarily an argument for Jones as a top QB, this is telling you all to relax, Hurts is in the same cohort. He’s not even in the same stratosphere as a Mahomes or Allen. 

In regards to how the teams are winning, didn't the Jags lose like 4 fumbles. You take the wins however you can get them. 

Kind of expected a loss here. Still totally surprised with a 6-2 start. Really need this bye week to get a few guys healthy. 

People keep saying the NFC East has played a weak schedule so far. The Giants have played 4 quality teams (Tenn, Dal, Balt and Sea), one middle of the pack team (GB), and three bad teams (Car, Jax, Chi). Not murders row, but not a total cakewalk.

People keep saying the NFC East has played a weak schedule so far. The Giants have played 4 quality teams (Tenn, Dal, Balt and Sea), one middle of the pack team (GB), and three bad teams (Car, Jax, Chi). Not murders row, but not a total cakewalk.

Tenn is an average team with a good record

• Like 1

Jones led his team on 1 TD drive today. It was for 1 yard.

Seattle had the 28th in points and 29th in yards D heading into this one.

Goff and Detroit put up 45 on them with backups. New Orleans put up 31 on them with backups.

Maybe Jones is just bad at football?

7 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Jones led his team on 1 TD drive today. It was for 1 yard.

Seattle had the 28th in points and 29th in yards D heading into this one.

Goff and Detroit put up 45 on them with backups. New Orleans put up 31 on them with backups.

Maybe Jones is just bad at football?

Skippy you’ve been trying to analyze football for as long as I’ve seen you on these boards and time and time again you lack depth. Did you look at box scores or watch the game? Understandable if you didn’t watch a rivals game, but don’t try to draw conclusions off a 1 minute Sportscenter clip. Also, analyzing what happens week to week in the NFL between different teams is a fools errand. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

NFC East is 23-8 (.742). Best win % for a division through week 8 since 1970. 😳

Damn Commies dragging us down with their paltry 4-4 record

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how they’re winning these games but the smoke and mirrors gonna clear soon enough 

We won again…😕

Winning games that you should win. Well done and kudos to the Giants Coaches, seems as if they have the team dialed and locked in.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

You mean like the Giants?

You're having a pretty tough year predictions wise. 

9 minutes ago, BornGreen said:

Not sure how they’re winning these games but the smoke and mirrors gonna clear soon enough 

This game today or games in general? Today's win was relatively easy despite the final score. 

19 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

Now I have to pray for a Lions miracle. No way can the Lions win 3 in a row and 2 on the road. Ughh.....

Why not? They have a better offense than we do. 

Just now, BKLYNYG said:

This game today or games in general? Today's win was relatively easy despite the final score. 

All season. I don’t look at their game play and say "oh damn these guys got their crap together”.   I feel it’s more the other team underperforming 

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

Because the Texans have no offense and the refs took away a touchdown from them so Mills threw a pick the next play. I wish you guys had the Chiefs on your schedule so I could see how the Chiefs steam rolls that overrated defense. Giants strategy works but it is hilarious. The Giants never turn the ball over. The Giants run with Barkley like crazy. Jones runs around like an idiot and doesn't know how to slide but somehow avoids injuries and concussions. The defense may give up yards and plays but won't give up points. Special teams is good. Milk that clock with running the ball. Boring!

3 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Why not? They have a better offense than we do. 

Because the Lions do turn the ball over and you guys don't.

1 minute ago, BornGreen said:

All season. I don’t look at their game play and say "oh damn these guys got their crap together”.   I feel it’s more the other team underperforming 

I think we have a good defense and an offense that is well coached and plays to it's strengths. Next year if they can find a #1WR Jones and the offense will take a big step forward, similar to what's happened to every young receiver that was given a top target over the past few seasons (Allen, Hurts, Tua, etc.). We took swings with Golladay and Toney and missed on both. That's what's holding this team back right now.  

2 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I think we have a good defense and an offense that is well coached and plays to it's strengths. Next year if they can find a #1WR Jones and the offense will take a big step forward, similar to what's happened to every young receiver that was given a top target over the past few seasons (Allen, Hurts, Tua, etc.). We took swings with Golladay and Toney and missed on both. That's what's holding this team back right now.  

It is a lock Daniel Jones is your QB now though. Too many teams need a QB right now and your pick won't be good since you guys are going like 12-5.