Giants once again off to a good start

NOTW

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Boogyman said:

Idiot.

Eagles beat the hated Giants because it was my birthday. So close to a perfect day but the Texans choked 😞

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

Eagles beat the hated Giants because it was my birthday. So close to a perfect day but the Texans choked 😞

Idiot loser.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, paco said:

I hope not

I hope they don't either (unless it's in round 3+). If you think he's the problem you haven't been watching. 

Remember, most of you guys hated Hurts last year and/or were convinced he wasn't the long term answer. Get him a true #1 WR and poof, he's in the MVP race. Same goes for Tua. 

13 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I hope they don't either (unless it's in round 3+). If you think he's the problem you haven't been watching. 

Remember, most of you guys hated Hurts last year and/or were convinced he wasn't the long term answer. Get him a true #1 WR and poof, he's in the MVP race. Same goes for Tua. 

Just no lmao.

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

You don't think Hurts is in the MVP race? 

No, he definitely is. I dont think Jones can make a leap like Hurts did. Not even close. 

1 minute ago, Boogyman said:

No, he definitely is. I dont think Jones can make a leap like Hurts did. Not even close. 

Maybe, maybe not, but he's got his team in playoff position with the worst collection of pass catchers in the league and a below average OL. Hurts is playing with arguably the best OL in the league and well above average pass catchers. I'd rather give Jones one more year with this regime than gamble on one of the rookies from this year's class or pay for someone like Carr. 

21 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Maybe, maybe not, but he's got his team in playoff position with the worst collection of pass catchers in the league and a below average OL. Hurts is playing with arguably the best OL in the league and well above average pass catchers. I'd rather give Jones one more year with this regime than gamble on one of the rookies from this year's class or pay for someone like Carr. 

It would be a huge leap. Jones has never even played as well as Hurts did last season, let alone how hes playing now lmao.

58 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I don't think he's not the problem nor the solution.  I think he's a fast version of Kirk Cousins who's going to demand a huge contract. 

I call that a win-win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boogyman said:

It would be a huge leap. Jones has never even played as well as Hurts did last season, let alone how hes playing now lmao.

What are you talking about? Last year Hurts had an 87 Rating, 55 QBR and 61 Comp %. Jones this year is 91 Rating, 56 QBR, 66 Comp % through 13 games. Hurts played behind a better OL last year than Jones has this year and probably still had better weapons even without the addition of Brown. I don't expect your opinion to be completely unbiased (I wonder what you said about Hurts last year), but at least try and get in the ballpark. 

1 hour ago, paco said:

I don't think he's not the problem nor the solution.  I think he's a fast version of Kirk Cousins who's going to demand a huge contract. 

I call that a win-win.

What do you think they should do instead? Sign someone like Carr? Draft a QB (I admittedly know very little about anyone outside of the top 2 or 3 prospects, who will all be gone) or give Jones a modest 2-year contract (obviously if he demands a Cousins contract you left him walk). 

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

What are you talking about? Last year Hurts had an 87 Rating, 55 QBR and 61 Comp %. Jones this year is 91 Rating, 56 QBR, 66 Comp % through 13 games. Hurts played behind a better OL last year than Jones has this year and probably still had better weapons even without the addition of Brown. I don't expect your opinion to be completely unbiased (I wonder what you said about Hurts last year), but at least try and get in the ballpark. 

Pretty sure I reserved judgement on Hurts like I would most guys in there first full year starting. I do remember being irrationally angry and vocal after that terrible Giants game, but any judgement I rendered at that time was unfair and wrong.

10 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

What do you think they should do instead? Sign someone like Carr? Draft a QB (I admittedly know very little about anyone outside of the top 2 or 3 prospects, who will all be gone) or give Jones a modest 2-year contract (obviously if he demands a Cousins contract you left him walk). 

Hurts was a 1st yr starter, Nickels is in yr 4.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I told you what they should do.  Sign Jones to a monster contract.  Maybe a 10 years fully guarantied or something in that ballpark.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Great point. And Hurts has progressed AMAZINGLY from last year to this year. Does adding AJ Brown factor into that? Of course. But so does all the things that Hurts has done to improve as an NFL QB. Adding a stud WR just advances Hurts game.

But to defend Danny Dimes a bit, he has some ok WRs, but they are injured. And his OL is just so below average.

2 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Great point. And Hurts has progressed AMAZINGLY from last year to this year. Does adding AJ Brown factor into that? Of course. But so does all the things that Hurts has done to improve as an NFL QB. Adding a stud WR just advances Hurts game.

But to defend Danny Dimes a bit, he has some ok WRs, but they are injured. And his OL is just so below average.

Just saw this today. Pretty interesting. 

FB_IMG_1670969716153.jpg

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

You think Jones was put in a position to win those first few years? Come on man, you’re better than this. You know the situation a QB is in has almost as much to do with their success as raw talent.  

30 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Just saw this today. Pretty interesting. 

FB_IMG_1670969716153.jpg

Hurts has been great everywhere he’s played. I really like him. The Eagles FO also deserves a ton of credit for building the team around him perfectly. 

Just now, BKLYNYG said:

You think Jones was put in a position to win those first few years? Come on man, you’re better than this. You know the situation a QB is in has almost as much to do with their success as raw talent.  

I think a true franchise Qb shines enough for you to know in 4 years no matter what the circumstances are.  See:  Justin Herbert or Justin Fields.

• Like 1