Giants once again off to a good start

NOTW

2 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Oh I'm not defending Gettlemen in the least, I was on him for years before they finally canned him.  I'm saying the new regime is even worse.  Two years in and this offense still revolves around Gettlemen's mediocre core of Jones/Barkley.  We're still talking about the giants offense hinging on Saquon and i don't even know he's a top 5 RB when healthy anymore.  he's definitely not top 5 when you factor in availability.  The OLine is possibly even worse and the cornerstone defensive players are also still Gettlemen's middling core.

This ain't baseball, you can flip an entire NFL roster in 2 full offseasons.

Gotcha. I misread it as defense of drafting him 

5 minutes ago, paco said:

Gotcha. I misread it as defense of drafting him 

Yeah and gettlemen didn't even leave them with any crippling contracts, a handful of bad overpays on defense but nothing you can't clean quickly.  The new guy gave Nickels a franchise crippling contract, so mark another point for DG in this GM toilet bowl of shame.

I noticed that Jones wasn't playing, thought maybe he'd been benched but I see that he was hurt with a neck injury.

I'm worried about Daniel Jones' neck injury.  There's concern it could be a long term problem which means good chance Jones is out sooner rather than later.

On 10/11/2023 at 11:50 PM, Procus said:

I'm worried about Daniel Jones' neck injury.  There's concern it could be a long term problem which means good chance Jones is out sooner rather than later.

He's out for this week, at the least. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 8:52 AM, dawkins4prez said:

i actually think Jones has semi impressed.  11 sacks & 26 pressures by the Seahawks?  The blocking is WORSE, the offensive weaponry is STILL over dependent on a RB that's had like 6 great games in the last 3 years, and the defense is still a superstar and a half dozen pieces short.  In 2 full offseasons the Giants new regime has done NOTHING to improve this roster.  Nickels if anything has proven he's somewhere between a competent game manager and a top end backup, one of the top 15-35 Qb's in the game.  I still think he can do just about anything Tannehill can do.

And in fantasy, the Seahawks D got 30 points against the Giants.  That has to be close to if not the record for a defense. 

On 10/4/2023 at 4:21 AM, Procus said:

Of course the Giants didn't follow this advice, and now look at the mess the team is in.  $40 mill a year for Danny is a joke.

Oh, and who is coaching that OL???

That deal effectively is a two-year deal.  They can get out of it after next year. 

14 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

That deal effectively is a two-year deal.  They can get out of it after next year. 

So does that make it a good deal now?

20 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Can someone please change the title of this thread?

Oh I think it still holds!

On a side note, a 2nd rdr for Leo Williams is a nice deal. But again, you feel like they had another chance to really load up on picks and didn't.

@BKLYNYG (or anyone else)

Is the loss of Jones to an ACL considered a loss? How's he been doing this season? I know the team is bottom of the barrel, but how's he doing personally?

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

@BKLYNYG (or anyone else)

Is the loss of Jones to an ACL considered a loss? How's he been doing this season? I know the team is bottom of the barrel, but how's he doing personally?

What a shite show they got.

Well didn't they say they could get out of that contract in year 2. I'd say that is almost a certainty now

3 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Devito has more passing TDs than Jones on the season lmao.

Fantasy stud!

• Like 1

I don't know if they end up with the top pick, but this is definitely the worst team in football right now and that incudes other really bad teams that also lost their QB.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

Is River Boat fired Monday morning? 2 loses to the hapless Giants. 

Nah, he's too well respected as a coach. Its not like there's some locker room chaos going on, the roster just sucks.  He 100% gets canned after season.