The Joe Rogan Experience and Related Podcasts

iladelphxx

Feel free to discuss JRE and other podcasts/make recommendations here 

• Like 1

So I heard about this podcast with Park and I'm wondering how it's such a big deal all of a sudden, she escaped in 2006 and moved to the US in 2014; wrote a memoir in 2015. All I've read was her Wikipedia page so is the interview with rogan like brand new information that she never shared before?

On 8/7/2021 at 2:57 PM, DBW said:

I recommend not listening to that hack.

5izi6c.jpg.e080aa837a982fe39578409d951e6e96.jpg

• Haha 1

I like the JRE sometimes. Other times I can not stand it. My advice? Pick the guests you're interested in and listen to those. 

• Like 3

The Anthony Cumia Show, Jim Norton's show, both his SXM and Chip Chipperson  shows, The Bob Kelly YKWD podcast and The Kidd Chris show.

On 8/7/2021 at 3:57 PM, DBW said:

I recommend not listening to that hack.

Ok...Hows he a "hack"...explain. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I like the JRE sometimes. Other times I can not stand it. My advice? Pick the guests you're interested in and listen to those. 

Yup. 

I imagine many Eagles fans are listeners of the Green Light pod with Chris Long, but if not it’s a really good one. He’s had some great sports guest appearances, and there’s almost always an Eagles nugget of insight from each show. 

11 hours ago, 700Level4Life said:

The Anthony Cumia Show, Jim Norton's show, both his SXM and Chip Chipperson  shows, The Bob Kelly YKWD podcast and The Kidd Chris show.

Ok...Hows he a "hack"...explain. 

There's a faction of libs on this board, mostly in CVON (including DBW) that think that Rogan is a right-wing neo NSDAP because he has a differing opinion of theirs on certain topics, mainly COVID.  

• Like 2

IMO the appeal of Rogan was always that he would have anyone on from celebrities to politicians/pundits, athletes, etc. and they could get into a range of topics.  I always thought it was more about him creating the space for them to be open and talk about anything in a long form discussion, not so much about him and his views.  Lately, it seems he's become more the center of attention with his views as well.

You often see a clip posted of a guest making a comment, and people will dismiss it because they don't like Joe Rogan but the clip is about what the guest said.  

• Like 1

If you like Howard Stern-esque long form celebrity interviews;

Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend

3 Questions with Andy Richter

Smartless (Jason Bateman, Will Arnett & Sean Hayes)

8 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

There's a faction of libs on this board, mostly in CVON (including DBW) that think that Rogan is a right-wing neo NSDAP because he has a differing opinion of theirs on certain topics, mainly COVID.  

I think Rogan is a hack and not very educated on any subject but pretends to be an expert in everything.  Has nothing to do with what I think of his political affiliation.  

6 hours ago, DBW said:

I think Rogan is a hack and not very educated on any subject but pretends to be an expert in everything.  Has nothing to do with what I think of his political affiliation.  

Why do you think he's a "hack"?

18 hours ago, DBW said:

He literally prefaces most things by saying "now this is my opinion..." and even admits that he is stupid. Actually kind of like the opposite of pretending to be an expert. You just don't like him because he has a big audience and doesn't always default to the ishlib position on every subject. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kz! said:

He literally prefaces most things by saying "now this is my opinion..." and even admits that he is stupid. Actually kind of like the opposite of pretending to be an expert. You just don't like him because he has a big audience and doesn't always default to the ishlib position on every subject. 

Yep and when he got called out for his BS podcast where he cites some irrelevant theoretical paper as FACTUAL data backed by real science, he walks it back the next day and he basically calls himself a fraud and a hack and a know nothing and said he wouldn’t listen to himself.  But his millions of followers listen to his every word and gobble up his click baity bull crap about how the vaccine causes more mutations and is making things worse so they don’t get vaccinated. Then he hides behind the "oh don’t listen to me I’m high all the time” BS excuse.  Oh and he was going to get vaccinated but he didn’t have the time and then jnj got pulled which really sucks for him because we definitely don’t have two other options for him that take all of 12 Fing seconds to go get.  And he ignores the fact that young healthy people that eat kale and workout 6 hours a day are getting Fing covid.  As the Baltimore campaign says, Salad doesn’t prevent covid, Connor. 

Hes a tool.  Which is probably why you love him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If you're into neuroscience, brain health and biohacking, The Huberman Lab is awesome. 

On 8/10/2021 at 1:16 PM, DBW said:

Yep and when he got called out for his BS podcast where he cites some irrelevant theoretical paper as FACTUAL data backed by real science, he walks it back the next day and he basically calls himself a fraud and a hack and a know nothing and said he wouldn’t listen to himself.  But his millions of followers listen to his every word and gobble up his click baity bull crap about how the vaccine causes more mutations and is making things worse so they don’t get vaccinated. Then he hides behind the "oh don’t listen to me I’m high all the time” BS excuse.  Oh and he was going to get vaccinated but he didn’t have the time and then jnj got pulled which really sucks for him because we definitely don’t have two other options for him that take all of 12 Fing seconds to go get.  And he ignores the fact that young healthy people that eat kale and workout 6 hours a day are getting Fing covid.  As the Baltimore campaign says, Salad doesn’t prevent covid, Connor. 

Hes a tool.  Which is probably why you love him. 

This. 

My exact opinion of him. He can be super entertaining, but his fan base treats what he says as gospel and he should learn to avoid certain discussions at times. Otherwise usually pretty enjoyable

Moron interviews bigger morons bringing the intelligence level of the entire country down. 

• Like 2

On 8/9/2021 at 8:55 AM, mikemack8 said:

He's just an idiot. Part of what makes him a moron is his embracing of "alternate science" and kooky conspiracy theories both of which are right wing favorites. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jrsu37 said:

Joe Rogan is Gwyneth Paltrow for men.

so his fans like goop products as well ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

so his fans like goop products as well ?

His line is called Skeet...There is some crossover.

• Haha 1