Eagles may have found perfect complement to Miles Sanders in UDFA RB Adrian Killins

Procus

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/26/eagles-miles-sanders-adrian-killins-compliment/

Eagles may have found perfect complement to Miles Sanders in UDFA RB Adrian Killins

adrian-killins-eagles-miles-sanders-running-mate.jpg?w=779&h=467&crop=1
Glenn Erby 

14 hours ago

The Philadelphia Eagles ignored addressing the running back position during free agency and the entirety of the NFL draft, but Howie Roseman may have had a method to his madness.

After bypassing running backs, Roseman signed two undrafted free agents at the position. One player, Michael Warren, is a thumper who’ll definitely have an opportunity to put his stamp on the roster.

The guy that could turn his post-draft signing into a bonafide roster spot is Adrian Killins.

#Eagles just signed RB Adrian Killins from UCF, and yes he’s FAST.

Embedded video

The 5-foot-7, 162-pound running back is fast and productive while specializing in finding the endzone. He’ll go down in UCF history after finishing his career with 2,459 rushing yards and 25 rushing touchdowns career. His 6.1 yards per carry average ranks third in school history.

Killins wasn’t invited to the NFL Combine, but if he had, he would have clocked one of the fastest times.

Of course Eagles sign Adrian Killins 😂
Super fast, clocked a 4.39 forty, although he wasn't invited to the combine. #SpeedSpeedSpeed #Eagles

Embedded video

In 2019 with UCF, Killins rushed 87 times for 629 yards and seven touchdowns, while adding eight catches for 120 yards and another score.

Killins and Warren should both make the Eagles 53-man roster while ensuring that Miles Sanders doesn’t get ran into the ground next season.

They had 2 really good compliments to Sanders, and they let one of them leave in free agency.

Howard provided the power and hard nosed running.  Scott is that elusive, quick, sproles-type.

Howard is gone and they need to fill that role with somebody.  Killian may be a 4th back but he's going to have a huge climb to even get reps with Sanders and Scott ahead of him.  I don't know who can fill Howard's role....whether it's Holyfield or an UDFA or a free agent signing.....I know I wish they would have kept Howard....I really liked how he played.

• Like 1

Also the article suggests the perfect complement to Sanders. Actually he's not the perfect complement. The perfect complement is a more physical hard yards back.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Also the article suggests the perfect complement to Sanders. Actually he's not the perfect complement. The perfect complement is a more physical hard yards back.

Yeah, the thought crossed my mind but I saw the kid play in college. If he puts anothe 10 th 15 pounds on and keeps that speed, look out. LOL

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

162 pound? I mean it seems to me like another Pumphrey?

Ray Diddy broken down the other day. He said he's nothing like Pumphrey. He will actually run up the middle he does not fumble and he is a pretty good receiver out of the backfield. He said unlike Pumphrey he's actually got speed agility and can make people miss. Ray did he did have good things to say about him he did however think Warren would have a better chance at making this team

59 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Yeah, the thought crossed my mind but I saw the kid play in college. If he puts anothe 10 th 15 pounds on and keeps that speed, look out. LOL

I suppose but did we not hear that with Pumphrey? That he was going to be a hell of a weapon? That he didn't have the size but he had the skills to make guys miss.

17 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Ray Diddy broken down the other day. He said he's nothing like Pumphrey. He will actually run up the middle he does not fumble and he is a pretty good receiver out of the backfield. He said unlike Pumphrey he's actually got speed agility and can make people miss. Ray did he did have good things to say about him he did however think Warren would have a better chance at making this team

We all thought Pumphrey had speed and agility though? Because against the teams he played he looked like he did.

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

162 pound? I mean it seems to me like another Pumphrey?

Hes faster than pumphrey was and the eagles didnt trade up to draft him.

Its a low risk possible high reward signing.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Utebird said:

But isn't the fact he didn't get draft telling somewhat?

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah, Killins isn't the perfect complement at all. Actually Warren is.

• Like 1

Just now, KOJO said:

Yeah, Killins isn't the perfect complement at all. Actually Warren is.

And probably why Warren has a half chance of making the roster whereas Killins will be a PS player if he makes it that far. 

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, Killins likely won't make it, too small.

• Like 1

I like Warren but Killins is a bust. Pumphrey 2.0.

What's with this team's love affair with tiny guys not cut out for the NFL? We got lucky with Sproles, a generational player, and they think guys like that are falling off of trees.

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Lots of guys dont get drafted for whatever reason and end up having a career.

I imagine he went undrafted not just because hes a circus midget but also because he wasnt invited to the combine so lots of teams didnt get a chance to brush up on him.

I have no idea if he makes the team or will be any good but worth kicking the tires on

On 4/27/2020 at 9:28 AM, Utebird said:

This is the important part.  He's not Pumphrey, 'cause he didn't cost an important draft pick.  If he works out, that'll be great.  If not, he didn't cost anything.

But we shouldn't really expect a lot either.  Fast or not, he's tiny.  He's not Sproles.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

This is the important part.  He's not Pumphrey, 'cause h didn't cost in important draft pick.  If he works out, that'll be great.  If not, he didn't cost anything.

But we shouldn't really expect a lot either.  Fast or not, he's tiny.  He's not Sproles.

I certainly wouldn't disagree with that. The talent is there, the speed and agility is there and ultimately he's cost us very little to bring him in and see what he's got.

On 4/27/2020 at 1:16 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Remember Clement, Raheem Moster. They didn't get drafted either. Never know you can get lucky with these types of guys especially with the expanded practice squad and roster.

I really like Warren and Killins. Warren, in terms of skill set reminds me of the Bus, his feet and vision for a big guy is very good. Killins is a faster Sproles in terms of his skillset and height. I don't understand why for a RB height is important. I agree his weight might need to be increased by 5-10 lbs, but NFL teams can bulk you up in 2 years. I like Boston Scott too, he is a monster. Sanders is a stud and RB1, Holyfield might show us something. Our biggest asset to making our rbs look good is our Oline coach and Rbs coach Stoutland and Duce. I feel confident that our RBs this year, wont be in the Pump category.

Warren..... ok. The other one sounds and looks like a Sanders wannabe.

A compliment rb would be the one that travels low ... ..runs downhill and could knock a few DT's out of position.....and can drag a few LB's for a yard or two.

Your RB room is Sanders, Scott, Clement, Warren/Holyfield with this dude making the PS maybe. 

6 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Your RB room is Sanders, Scott, Clement, Warren/Holyfield with this dude making the PS maybe. 

You're probably right... But to me that's a real area for concern if that is the RB room this season. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You're probably right... But to me that's a real area for concern if that is the RB room this season. 

I don’t see why. Miles is great, Scott is good in his role, Clement when healthy is good, and Warren/Holyfield should be a good competition. 

• Like 1