So far so good on the coaches!

SlimReaper4Six

Our coaching staff to me has already shown significant improvement than last years. I’m so glad we are hearing our players are being coached and developed the right way. I remember having great talents like Sidney Jones , Rasul Douglas and others who were drafted high and however struggled under our staff. When they moved on to other teams they seemed to show significant improvement to their respective teams. They now are both starting corners. While they were here they consistently struggled. 

Now look at the players we have now. Craig James, Zac McPherson, Michael Jacquet, and others that don’t have near the talent as Rasul, and Sidney they are showing signs of real improvement. Player Development was a huge weakness here in the last few years always having to rely on our older players. These guys now are consistently making plays day after day. KVon Wallace has been working with the first team and is drastically improved. 

Our defense is no longer going to be predicated just on the line. We never blitzed , we always stayed in a single high set. Players are now being put in positions to be successful. Our defense has shown to be tenacious and confident. I know we have not played a single game yet but the multiple positions and schemes being deployed have so far been showing we can develop players. 

i believe the defense is going to be able to make more turnovers now. We are no longer predictable. Having 3-4 and 4-3 looks along with multiple players being rotated will now make offenses guess a lot more. We have so many players now that have different skill sets and each have roles. I think we are going to have a very good defense. Milton Williams, Zac McPherson, Steven Jones,  Jackson, KVon Wallace, Davion Taylor all have shown that they can have roles on this defense already. 

it’s extremely exciting to think we may have a new core group that can grow together and develop into our new eagles for a long period of time. I can’t wait to see what our young core has to offer. Who do you all want to see and succeed this year?

So when you say so far so good with the coaches what you mean is on defense. So far I agree the defense has looked really good and is dominating.

Shame the offense really hasn't shown a lot. 

• Like 3

I wouldn’t necessarily say that. The wideouts have provided some really good glimpses but it’s hard to judge them until they actually show a series and see how the drives start forming. I want to see how Nick calls a game, how he rotated his players, what his philosophy will be to make third downs, will he be aggressive or methodical. Will he stay committed to having a run game and how he reacts to Jalens skill set.

Defensively it’s easier to judge how players are progressing and how they win there matchups. Offense has to be completely in sync at all times. One person can win on defense and cause a game changing play. On offense no one player wins , the whole 11 players have to do their jobs in order to see how well they have progressed. 

1 minute ago, SlimReaper4Six said:

I wouldn’t necessarily say that. The wideouts have provided some really good glimpses but it’s hard to judge them until they actually show a series and see how the drives start forming

Really? I mean everything that I have read so far suggests that the wideouts are really struggling and could really good back this team. 

• Like 1

I definitely think you will be surprised by our WRs. DeVonte, Watkins, Ward will be the leaders by end and Raegor unfortunately will be a Tayvon Austin type, a gadget receiver. I never liked his game. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see him being a true NFL starter. He has way too many mental lapses and doesn’t care enough about his body. That will piss off Nick. Fulgham and Raegor just don’t seem to care enough and that’s not on the coaches . That’s the players fault 

The one I am worried about is a RB coach. He talks the talk...but can he walk the walk? His resume is spotty at best. One team after another. His best year was with the Colts, and even they have not retained him. After so many years of Duce doing an awesome job..it will be a major let down if our RBs slip, and our running game can not support Hurts. We have some really good RBs , but the running game is Definitely worth keeping your eyes on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Really? I mean everything that I have read so far suggests that the wideouts are really struggling and could really good back this team. 

Sanders seems like he hasn’t gotten over his drops or fumble issues, Dillard is looking bad with arguably the best OL coach in football, the offense is getting owned every practice, the receivers other than Quez seem average, and Ertz still doesn’t want to be here. On top of that the word is Hurts has looked poor in TC while the group is keeping practice time every light. I’m not sure how this will all play out, but I’m not all that excited about the coaches just yet. I want to see how the players play for the coaches during game day. Either the Eagles offense is really bad or the defense will be really good. 

• Like 1

Don't know, can't gather any info based off of some tweets and some highlights in practice....... 

At this point I'm not sure what is worse in TATE, free agency, the draft, game day or preseason. 

After press conferences is pretty comical in here too

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So when you say so far so good with the coaches what you mean is on defense. So far I agree the defense has looked really good and is dominating.

I mean how much of it is the defense being great and how much is the offense being horrible? Like when everyone said JJAW looked really good in camp and it turns out it was just because our corners were Fing atrocious.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Defense is always ahead of the offense in the early part of the season. I'm glad they are dominating practice though, against a QB that can't pass for sheet. 

• Haha 1

How can anyone make any kind of judgement yet when they haven't played a single snap in even a pre season game?  

14 minutes ago, time2rock said:

How can anyone make any kind of judgement yet when they haven't played a single snap in even a pre season game?  

The same way they know a coach is terrible because he says sheet in a press conference 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The same way they know a coach is terrible because he says sheet in a press conference 

I'll be a man and wait until after the first snap tomorrow night to say Sirianni sucks!  

:P

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, SlimReaper4Six said:

I definitely think you will be surprised by our WRs. DeVonte, Watkins, Ward will be the leaders by end and Raegor unfortunately will be a Tayvon Austin type, a gadget receiver. I never liked his game. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see him being a true NFL starter. He has way too many mental lapses and doesn’t care enough about his body. That will piss off Nick. Fulgham and Raegor just don’t seem to care enough and that’s not on the coaches . That’s the players fault 

Fulgham and Reagor don't care? How so?

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

I'll be a man and wait until after the first snap tomorrow night to say Sirianni sucks!  

What's the fun in that? 

Camp doesn't mean sh_it, really. I have seen horrible teams have great camps, and great teams have horrible camps. The proof is in the playing of games that count. Nobody can make a real judgement about a "practice shortened" training camp. They really didn't do squat. I'll get excited- or not, when they start the season, not a second before that. 

I do like your optimism. I hope you are right. 

5 hours ago, devpool said:

I mean how much of it is the defense being great and how much is the offense being horrible? Like when everyone said JJAW looked really good in camp and it turns out it was just because our corners were Fing atrocious.

I suspect it is somewhere in between the two... Though I do think the offense is set for a real struggle this year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

What if they score 2 touchdowns the first snap?

31 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

What if they score 2 touchdowns the first snap?

Then I’ll just have to wait until snap #2.

:lol:

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I suspect it is somewhere in between the two... Though I do think the offense is set for a real struggle this year. 

Why do you think that our offense will struggle? I have seen no proof of that. Learning the new system difficulties ..yes, but with our decent offensive line we should do better than last year.

28 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Why do you think that our offense will struggle? I have seen no proof of that. Learning the new system difficulties ..yes, but with our decent offensive line we should do better than last year.

Because there's a huge question mark over the WRs? Because we don't know what to expect from Hurts? Because we don't know what kind of play caller Sirianni is going to be? And because we can't rely on the OL to stay healthy. Too many question marks to overcome. 

To be honest, at this point I still have never heard the new head coaches voice. If I passed him on the street or if he knocked on my door, I very likely wouldn't even know who he was. 

Until the regular season starts, we're really not in the position to properly evaluate anybody.  I've seen too much hype or shade thrown at players and coaches before the season starts to really know what to expect.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

The one I am worried about is a RB coach. He talks the talk...but can he walk the walk? His resume is spotty at best. One team after another. His best year was with the Colts, and even they have not retained him. After so many years of Duce doing an awesome job..it will be a major let down if our RBs slip, and our running game can not support Hurts. We have some really good RBs , but the running game is Definitely worth keeping your eyes on.

Duce wasn't that great of a RB coach, IMO.

• Like 2