Michael Thomas (Saints WR) -- Potential Trade?

Captain F

10 hours ago, brkmsn said:

What if Reagor, Fulgham and Watkins also pan out? We already know what Ward is. 

The Eagles should give Hakeem Butler some playtime this preseason to see what he can do, I'm thinking he should be their big WR, 6'5'', 227, 4.48 40

On 8/17/2021 at 9:46 AM, EagleVA said:

The Eagles should give Hakeem Butler some playtime this preseason to see what he can do, I'm thinking he should be their big WR, 6'5'', 227, 4.48 40

Wasn't he moved to TE? Because he just wasn't very good at WR in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Wasn't he moved to TE? Because he just wasn't very good at WR in the NFL. 

Not as far as I know, moreover, I think he's better than Whiteside and Fulgham, if not then you're right, he's not a good WR.

7 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Not as far as I know, moreover, I think he's better than Whiteside and Fulgham, if not then you're right, he's not a good WR.

I think when they brought him in last year they did so as a TE. Now that was the previous coaching staff so who knows what this coaching staff think. Haven't heard anything of him at all though. 

They asked Butler to convert to Tight End when they signed him, but as I understand it Sirianni asked him to give it another shot at WR, probably because he does have all the tools to be a decent Receiver (he holds the single season yardage record at Iowa State). His career to date is a bit deceptive, he suffered a badly broken hand his rookie season and couldn't play a down, the Cardinals traded for Hopkins and kept the 3 receivers that had played in 2019 when Butler was on IR to make up the 5. It's not that he played badly, he didn't play at all.

The Panthers signed him soon after he left the Cards and we signed him to the active roster off their practice squad about 3 weeks after the Cards waived him. He was a good enough receiver to get drafted out of college (and he was rated as a second round prospect by some scouting reports), he's physically huge and he's no slouch speed wise either, it's entirely possible even probable that he could contribute more than JJAW and Hightower at Receiver.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

He was a good enough receiver to get drafted out of college (and he was rated as a second round prospect by some scouting reports), he's physically huge and he's no slouch speed wise either, it's entirely possible even probable that he could contribute more than JJAW and Hightower at Receiver.

Fulgham has a 4.58 40 compared to Butler's 4.48, that speed on a 6'5'' guy is impressive so he'll likely contribute more than Fulgham also.

17 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Fulgham has a 4.58 40 compared to Butler's 4.48, that speed on a 6'5'' guy is impressive so he'll likely contribute more than Fulgham also.

Speed (in the 40) doesn't = production on the field. DGB ran a 4.49 at 6-5, 237 lbs. 

11 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Speed (in the 40) doesn't = production on the field. DGB ran a 4.49 at 6-5, 237 lbs. 

The point I was trying to make is I think he'd be a better option than Whiteside and Fulgham, how much better, who knows.

6 hours ago, EagleVA said:

The point I was trying to make is I think he'd be a better option than Whiteside and Fulgham, how much better, who knows.

What are you basing this on? Fulgham has at least played well in this league for multiple games. 

14 hours ago, brkmsn said:

What are you basing this on? Fulgham has at least played well in this league for multiple games. 

Their innate ability and the eye test......that includes the complete shutdown of Fulgham after he "played well in this league for multiple games".

On 8/21/2021 at 5:41 AM, EagleVA said:

Their innate ability and the eye test......that includes the complete shutdown of Fulgham after he "played well in this league for multiple games".

•  

Great. So what has the "eye test" told you about Butler?

44 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Great. So what has the "eye test" told you about Butler?

That is college QB at Iowa State had a rag arm.

24 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

That is college QB at Iowa State had a rag arm.

... and that always means NFL success for the WR? What has the eye test told you about Butler?

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2021 at 3:43 PM, What The F said:

He wants out.  N.O. is now open to trading him.  We still have garbage at WR.  Send them a 1 and JJAw or Raegor and call it a day.  Thomas and Smith :drool:

Thomas & Smith would make Hurts game much better .