a look back at that 2020 draft trade...

Cheesteakitis

with them dallas cowboys .. we traded our 4th round pick to the cowboys who  with  the 146th pick, selected Wisconsin center Tyler Biadasz.

At the time a bunch of us were pissed because we knew dallas needed a center and we also thought if could have been Kelce’s last year and we should have selected a center. Now Biadasz is the starting center for the cowboys and what do we have to show for it? 

basically we traded the 5th round pick from 2020 into 3 draft picks and selected...

linebacker Shaun Bradley

wide receiver Quez Watkins,

and seventh-round defensive end Casey Toohill.

The fourth pick is the fifth-round selection from Dallas 2021 which was used as part of the exchange that netted us the dolphins 1st rounders next year. 

what’s everyone’s thoughts on the trade? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

with them dallas cowboys .. we traded our 4th round pick to the cowboys who  with  the 146th pick, selected Wisconsin center Tyler Biadasz.

At the time a bunch of us were pissed because we knew dallas needed a center and we also thought if could have been Kelce’s last year and we should have selected a center. Now Biadasz is the starting center for the cowboys and what do we have to show for it? 

basically we traded the 5th round pick from 2020 into 3 draft picks and selected...

linebacker Shaun Bradley

wide receiver Quez Watkins,

and seventh-round defensive end Casey Toohill.

The fourth pick is the fifth-round selection from Dallas 2021 which was used as part of the exchange that netted us the dolphins 1st rounders next year. 

what’s everyone’s thoughts on the trade? 

Repost this in 2 years

• Like 2

Tyler Biadasz is apparently in a competition to be the starting center, so from that perspective, the jury is still out.

Still, as of today, looks like the Eagles did well in that trade.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Portyansky said:

It's hard to say without seeing any real games.

50 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Repost this in 2 years

1 minute ago, Procus said:

Tyler Biadasz is apparently in a competition to be the starting center, so from that perspective, the jury is still out.

Still, as of today, looks like the Eagles did well in that trade.

4th round onwards is a crap shoot. You've just got to do what you can to better your team and not worry about who other teams might take. TB has a chance to start for Dallas, but so does Watkins for the Eagles.

I just hope they really regret making the trade that netted us Devonta Smith.

• Like 2

From what I've seen and heard about Quez I would say it was a damn good trade. Obviously it's still too early to say for sure tho.

13 hours ago, Godfather said:

Watkins will secure a starting job 4 games in

He, Smith and Reagor have been the starting WRs in practice. You may not have to wait 4 games. 

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

He, Smith and Reagor have been the starting WRs in practice. You may not have to wait 4 games. 

I don't trust anything the Eagles and the media report anymore lol

• Like 1

If you told me I could go back in time and either not do the trade or still do it, I'd still do it.

What we've seen from Quez in preseason is enough to give me enough hope to roll the dice on him over a solid-looking center prospect who probably wouldn't start for us for at least another two seasons (assuming Kelce comes back next year).

And it's weird for me to say that because I'm a firm believer you can never have enough good offensive linemen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hoosierdaddy said:

If you told me I could go back in time and either not do the trade or still do it, I'd still do it.

What we've seen from Quez in preseason is enough to give me enough hope to roll the dice on him over a solid-looking center prospect who probably wouldn't start for us for at least another two seasons (assuming Kelce comes back next year).

And it's weird for me to say that because I'm a firm believer you can never have enough good offensive linemen.

Hopefully we come back to this thread after Cox and Hargrave take it in turn to throw Tyler into Dak Prescott for 26 consecutive plays.

If Watkins continues to play the way he has all summer and that translates to the regular season, then that pick alone makes it worth having made that trade ... anything more we get in return is just gravy.