Nat Geo - 9/11 A Day In America

DBW

Grab your tissues and go check this documentary out.  Never before scene footage and stories from the people who were there and lived to tell it in their own words.  It’s very heavy, with some incredibly sad details but also very well done and highlights some real hero stuff. There’s 3 episodes up, about 4 hrs worth with more coming this week.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DBW said:

Grab your tissues and go check this documentary out.  Never before scene footage and stories from the people who were there and lived to tell it in their own words.  It’s very heavy, with some incredibly sad details but also very well done and highlights some real hero stuff. There’s 3 episodes up, about 4 hrs worth with more coming this week.  

I don't think I can handle that. I went to the memorial for the first time this year... I never thought it would affect me like it did. 

Ive watched lots of stuff on it and actually watched it live as it happened. It was disturbing and horrible but, I didn't really feel sad though. 

Fast forward to the memorial and it was absolutely gut wrenching and I was just sweating it was crazy. That was enough for one year on that subject lol

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't think I can handle that. I went to the memorial for the first time this year... I never thought it would affect me like it did. 

Ive watched lots of stuff on it and actually watched it live as it happened. It was disturbing and horrible but, I didn't really feel sad though. 

Fast forward to the memorial and it was absolutely gut wrenching and I was just sweating it was crazy. That was enough for one year on that subject lol

Yeah it wasn’t easy to watch.  I’ve also been to the memorial in NY as well as PA.  It was tough then, it’s still tough now.  But it also a good reminder of how the country came together and treated each other that day and for years after.  20 years is a long time, people say never forget but they do, they have.  This should be required viewing in some ways.  

10 minutes ago, DBW said:

Yeah it wasn’t easy to watch.  I’ve also been to the memorial in NY as well as PA.  It was tough then, it’s still tough now.  But it also a good reminder of how the country came together and treated each other that day and for years after.  20 years is a long time, people say never forget but they do, they have.  This should be required viewing in some ways.  

Now look at us everyone is at each others throats being happy when fellow americans die or care  and we just terrorize ourselves. This is a different kind of sad. A pathetic kind of sad. 

I didnt realize it was a whole series. ill check it eventually especially since some of the clips were never seen before which im really into seeing. Makes me wonder though, how does new stuff keep popping up decades later? Like the clips of them actually in the building how does that not get out by now?

i nerd out on this stuff lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Now look at us everyone is at each others throats being happy when fellow americans die or care  and we just terrorize ourselves. This is a different kind of sad. A pathetic kind of sad. 

I didnt realize it was a whole series. ill check it eventually especially since some of the clips were never seen before which im really into seeing. Makes me wonder though, how does new stuff keep popping up decades later? Like the clips of them actually in the building how does that not get out by now?

i nerd out on this stuff lol

Yeah agree it’s a different kind of sad altogether.  

a lot of footage came from a guy who was doing a documentary on one of the battalion chiefs who ended up being the 1st guy on scene and thus the commander running point in everything in north tower.  In addition to additional footage there are several stories we have never heard and that’s what really is different about this series.  

this battalion chiefs brother was a fireman and lead his ladder team up the north tower, he never saw him again.

a random guy who was going there for an important business meeting tells a wild story about how as he’s actively on his knees saying the Lord’s Prayer with a women who was badly burned that he was helping to get out, his sister dies when the second plane hits south tower, he Sidney even know she was on that plane until a family member called him and asked him.

another guy in south heard a voice yelling for help and turned back from his group that was trying to go up since the floors below were on fire, he rescued a guy and they both got out, the others did not.

There’s new audio from the control towers and stories from the pilots who went to intercept and kamikaze flight 93 because they had no missles on board.  

and plenty of other details that we didn’t know or forgot.  

• Like 1

I've been wanting to see it, but definitely need to psych myself up for it. Might wait for 9/11 to watch it.

17 hours ago, DBW said:

OMG dude I don't know if I can handle this! They went through all that in the beginning and then I realized holy sheet the second plane hasn't even hit yet! The part that always gets me effed up is the people jumping I just can't imagine. I was ready to turn it off when I realized I'm already all messed up and the 2nd one didn't hit☹️

On 9/1/2021 at 1:44 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

OMG dude I don't know if I can handle this! They went through all that in the beginning and then I realized holy sheet the second plane hasn't even hit yet! The part that always gets me effed up is the people jumping I just can't imagine. I was ready to turn it off when I realized I'm already all messed up and the 2nd one didn't hit☹️

When they are inside the first tower and hearing the bodies hit the ground/cars/roof of smaller building is probably the hardest part.  There are parts that make you proud though, the way people helped each other selflessly putting themselves in harms way, and the search and rescue efforts, finding and saving people,   So many brave people!  I’m happy that these survivors are getting to tell their stories as well.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DBW said:

When they are inside the first tower and hearing the bodies hit the ground/cars/roof of smaller building is probably the hardest part.  There are pets that make you proud though, the way people helped each other selflessly putting themselves in harms way, and the search and rescue efforts, finding and saving people,   So many brave people!  I’m happy that these survivors are getting to tell their stories as well.  

Yes and the conspiracy nut jobs say they heard bombs and lots of people reported hearing bombs. They dont bother to look into the fact that yes some did say they thought it was bombs until they realized the bomb noise was freaking people hitting the pavement. Way to spit on everyone that live through that day with conspiracy BS

• Like 1

I think we have access to the same documentary in the UK so I'll try to find it. I have to say I watch a lot of 9/11 stuff at this time of year. It's always on a lot of our channels and it's a huge part of history that I'll never forget. It's gut wrenching and horrible but I think important to be educated on. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think we have access to the same documentary in the UK so I'll try to find it. I have to say I watch a lot of 9/11 stuff at this time of year. It's always on a lot of our channels and it's a huge part of history that I'll never forget. It's gut wrenching and horrible but I think important to be educated on. 

I’ve watched a lot of them and this is easily the best one.  The way they pieced it all together within the timeline and footage really puts things into a different perspective and you feel like you’re there with them.  And there are some things that happened that are unexplainable, divine intervention if you will. There’s no other way of explaining it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DBW said:

I’ve watched a lot of them and this is easily the best one.  The way they pieced it all together within the timeline and footage really puts things into a different perspective and you feel like you’re there with them.  And there are some things that happened that are unexplainable, divine intervention if you will. There’s no other way of explaining it. 

I just bought the whole season I'm moving on to episode 2 😢