EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Yea, some of the money involved is ridiculous.  Box openings, playing with toys it goes on and on.  Shoot, the guys I follow, I've researched and their annual YT earnings are well over $1 million.  Not hating on it, just blows your mind when it comes down to it. 

For these guys to make that kind of money they have to consistently put out content. They are usually putting up a new video every day or other day. Which means hours of filming, editing etc. You are only getting pennies on views and that is only when you hit a certain level of views on your videos, which is why subscribing is so important. It may not look like it as most of it is idiotic, but it is a ton of work.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ipiggles said:

If defenses keep doing to us what San Fran did, NS will have to pull Hurts, because his ability is limiting this team. 

Absent an injury, Hurts isn't getting pulled.  SF didn't really shut this team down in terms of coverage.  The team moved the ball fairly well.  Sirianni called a terrible game inside the red zone.  There were a few boneheaded mistakes that cost the team points.  

Just now, downundermike said:

I actually follow a couple of the music reaction folks.  There is a mid 20's African American guy who watches heavy metal videos.  His reactions are hilarious.

I think I've watched him too.  I posted a few videos of this opera singer/voice coach who does the same thing a while back.  She's gorgeous and her reactions are pretty priceless.

Again though, here we are, grown men watching people react to listening to music.  

What makes it even worse is when they push their Patreon sites or if they have a live chat....NEVER watch a live chat.  Seeing the money people just donate will really piss you off.  

I watch this guy, Vice Grip Garage.  Really good mid-Western character who goes and revives old rusted out cars and drives them home.  He's got a really good sense of humor, good values and seems like an all-around good guy.   He's grown quite a bit and now he's out there doing some racing.  However, when I watched a live Q&A, I couldn't believe the cash donations people were sending.  No lie, he probably pulls in $4-$5k in donations just from doing a live chat.   On top of that, the live chat is also him opening up free stuff people send.

8 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

The question was who would you rather have.

I'll take DG and his talent to be here over that list. 

I know but I didn’t feel like answering your question 

2 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

again who would you rather have? 

I'd take DG who will likely be here and have a much longer, more productive career, injuries not withstanding. 

Patterson and Bunkley both had longer stints with the Eagles than Goedert has had at this point.  Goedert is a talented TE but his production is only just edging out what LJ Smith did as a TE.  I think the big part of it is utilization.  

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

Absent an injury, Hurts isn't getting pulled.  SF didn't really shut this team down in terms of coverage.  The team moved the ball fairly well.  Sirianni called a terrible game inside the red zone.  There were a few boneheaded mistakes that cost the team points.  

teams will copy what San Fran did, which was Force Hurts to beat them,. OUr Defense kept San Fran to 17, and we still couldn't muster a TD, even with a 91 Yard reception, we still couldn't score a TD. 

Teams will continue to force Hurts to try and win, If Hurts doesn't progress, NS will be forced to make a change or risk limiting the development of key young skill players. 

3 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

For these guys to make that kind of money they have to consistently put out content. They are usually putting up a new video every day or other day. Which means hours of filming, editing etc. You are only getting pennies on views and that is only when you hit a certain level of views on your videos, which is why subscribing is so important. It may not look like it as most of it is idiotic, but it is a ton of work.

No doubt, I don't question that.  It's interesting to see YouTube suggestions.  It's like they hit this magic algorithm or number of views and then they explode.  If you go back and watch from the beginning it's all very amateur.  There's legit content and lots of people who pour their heart and soul in to it.

My main point was what 4for4 pointed out.  There's the other genre of social media folks which is the the group of people who travel, vlog it and take selfies where they go and people eat it up.  I do not for the life of me understand that.  

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I actually follow a couple of the music reaction folks.  There is a mid 20's African American guy who watches heavy metal videos.  His reactions are hilarious.

Jamal AKA Jamal? 

8 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

again who would you rather have? 

I'd take DG who will likely be here and have a much longer, more productive career, injuries not withstanding. 

What do you think the chances are DG is back?  Right now, I'd say there's a 40% chance he comes back.  Tight ends are going to get PAID.  He wants that.  Unless the Eagles tag him, I really think he's gone.  

4 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I know but I didn’t feel like answering your question 

If I can opt for past players I would like to have on this team instead of Godert, I opt for Seth Joyner.  

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

What do you think the chances are DG is back?  Right now, I'd say there's a 40% chance he comes back.  Tight ends are going to get PAID.  He wants that.  Unless the Eagles tag him, I really think he's gone.  

I think that's the case.  The reason Ertz is back is because they couldn't agree on an extension with Goedert.  To be honest, I think Goedert is very good but there are good TE's that will cost less. 

3 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Jamal AKA Jamal? 

I watch him.  He has a genuine love for music, and artists actually send him stuff.  He has been sent some awesome stuff by the Rush fan club.

LFR Jojo is the guy I was talking about.  He is hilarious.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

To me not paying him would be a mistake. But thats just my opinion

13 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Mike Patterson was a decent DT and played up to his pick.  Shawn Andrews would have been a great player but for his back.  Really wanted them to draft Greenway instead of Bunkley.  Bunkley was OK but never lived up to his draft status.  

Agree on Patterson, who was picked 31st overall, which is in that pool of second round talent.

Andrews and Bunkley, for brief periods of time, were whom they expected when chosen. 

Those are a different flavor of disappointment from the likes of Watkins, Smith, Dillard, etc.

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

I think that's the case.  The reason Ertz is back is because they couldn't agree on an extension with Goedert.  To be honest, I think Goedert is very good but there are good TE's that will cost less. 

DG is very good, but he's also been severely overrated.  Now that Ertz is back, my ideal situation is trading DG by the deadline, give Ertz a year extension, let him retire and go with Ertz, Stoll and Jackson.

Draft Darnell Washington out of UGA when he's eligible.  Hell, UGA has about 4 tight ends who should make good pros. 

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I watch him.  He has a genuine love for music, and artists actually send him stuff.  He has been sent some awesome stuff by the Rush fan club.

LFR Jojo is the guy I was talking about.  He is hilarious.

Hide contents

Some of those reaction videos are cringy. I've never gotten into watching other people react to other people it's weird lol. 

2 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

To me not paying him would be a mistake. But thats just my opinion

I know it's an ongoing discussion in here but IMO, with the Eagles other needs and glaring holes (I'm looking at you DE, DT, LB, S, CB) paying a tight end top dollar is a luxury the Eagles can't afford.  

Jackson and Stoll both have potential.  Ertz can hold it down for one more year.  We've seen WRs just blow up at the college level and the last few drafts have been insanely deep at the position.  I think tight end is next in line to fill the draft top to bottom.  Athletes are getting bigger, faster and stronger and the game is all about mismatches.  Kyle Pitts was just the beginning.  Ertz helped this new generation of tight end come to light. 

41 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

:offtopic:  one more thought on the Gabby Petito case.  What a strange society we've created where "travel bloggers" are able to make a comfortable living just driving across the country and making videos about their hikes and camping.  Now, I work in hospitality and understand the importance of blogging about destinations but this whole YouTube generation is incredible.  

She worked at a local grocery store and lived with him in his parents house and saved up for the trip. Hardly able to "make a comfortable living”, it was a hobby 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Some of those reaction videos are cringy. I've never gotten into watching other people react to other people it's weird lol. 

When they lack authenticity and genuine reactions and become more about a performance that's when they become cringy.  This woman was one of the suggestions from YT one day and I and I had no idea what a reaction video was.  I really wonder how they decide to suggest videos, there has to be some math to it.  But if you watch her, you can see passion in what she does but she's also just so damn cute. Corey Taylor has an incredible voice too...lead singer of Slipknot for those who might not know. 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

F winter and F snow.  I'd rather be on a beach somewhere.  

Haha both have their charms. I gotta deal with winter/snow for about 5 months each year, so gotta make the most of it

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

She worked at a local grocery store and lived with him in his parents house and saved up for the trip. Hardly able to "make a comfortable living”, it was a hobby 

Wasn't referring to them specifically.  More and more witnesses are coming out of the woodwork...all of them have some sort of travel blog/YouTube channel.

Just now, bpac55 said:

When they lack authenticity and genuine reactions and become more about a performance that's when they become cringy.  This woman was one of the suggestions from YT one day and I and I had no idea what a reaction video was.  I really wonder how they decide to suggest videos, there has to be some math to it.  But if you watch her, you can see passion in what she does but she's also just so damn cute. Corey Taylor has an incredible voice too...lead singer of Slipknot for those who might not know. 

There is some decent ones. I do like the ones that have like a real voice coach or a musician reacting to someone else singing their song. Those are cool sometimes. It's not something I subscribe too.  I'll watch one once in awhile if it's suggested in YouTube's Effed up algorithm lol. 

Watching people watch other people is just not entertainment to me. 

11 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I love music, and love to see people enjoy music that they do not listen to.  Jamel has a genuine love and appreciation for it, and is a good dude preaching that we all need to come together.

LFR Jojo, his reactions to Rush are outstanding.  Watching his facial expressions when Neil Peart gets to work on a drum solo is priceless.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

My question about this whole thing, what was the allure of Gabby Petito?

2400 kids go missing every day. (majority white)

about 50 people are murdered every day in america. 

What was so specials about her? 

You asked...apparently America suffers from Missing White Woman Syndrome.  

Not making it up, not trying to start something.  Apparently it's a thing that people have issue with?

Guest justrelax
14 hours ago, Utebird said:

I think there was a chart showing the Seahawks taking the same approach, layups and 3 pointers.

While it makes sense in basketball I don't see the logic in football as a lay up a mid range pass and a long bomb outside if the end zone are all worth the same amount of points, zero.

Amid range pass has a higher chance if completion than say a 40 yard air yard pass and is worth the same amount of points zero and accomplishes a first down with less risk.

The point of lay ups and 3s is layups are high % shots and the further away from the basket the % drops but still one only gets 2 points until the 3 point line which is  lower % but higher reward 

The difference in reward for a 40 yard bomb and a 20 yard bomb isn't enough of a difference to outweigh the difference in risk.

The more analytical approach would be layups and mid range passes as both have a higher % than 40 yard passes and all 3 have the same amount of value in points.

Ignoring the middle part of the field leaves a lot of meat on the bone and makes defenses jobs easier.

Per the piece posted, short middle passes have a four times greater chance of being intercepted and deep throws are intercepted nearly one out of five tries:

More specifically, a pass thrown 20 yards down the middle of the field has about the same completion percentage as one thrown 10 yards towards either sideline. But those same passes thrown down the middle of the field are also about four times as likely to be picked off. Alternatively, nearly one in five passes are picked off when the ball is thrown 30 yards down the middle of the field, which is about three times the rate of interceptions on the sideline.

Personal observation: the 49ers played a ton of single-high safety. That's starting with a guy in the middle of the field. It also frees up the other safety to clog the shorter stuff, again starting in the middle of the field. Further, if you're playing zone, which they did a lot, it's tough on the QB, especially an inexperienced one like Hurts, to pick up the off-side coverage, by which I mean the defender who starts away from the play but closes on it from the wide side. A lot of those INTs are made by a DB or LB coming from the next zone over and whom the QB may never see. Adjusting to that takes experience. To date, Hurts has not made that adjustment but also, to date, he has not been intercepted. To my mind the two related.

Archived