EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I love music, and love to see people enjoy music that they do not listen to.  Jamel has a genuine love and appreciation for it, and is a good dude preaching that we all need to come together.

LFR Jojo, his reactions to Rush are outstanding.  Watching his facial expressions when Neil Peart gets to work on a drum solo is priceless.

Like watching a musician react to someone else singing their song. Jack Black did one with a band called Amh band

Language!!!

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Some of those reaction videos are cringy. I've never gotten into watching other people react to other people it's weird lol. 

Idk i bet if we put some cameras on emb and blog members during the eagles game that we would get some good reactions and then the reactions we have watching them would probably be pretty entertaining lol 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Idk i bet if we put some cameras on emb and blog members during the eagles game that we would get some good reactions and then the reactions we have watching them would probably be pretty entertaining lol 

Ahhhh...question for you.  You often see those fan reaction videos.  How genuine are they?  People know they are getting filmed.  Do they actually act that way?  I'm talking about the guys who break TVs, throw stuff, cry and all of that.  To me it's all an act.  I find it embarrassing.  

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think it would be really cringy with some of the characters on here. Bunch of EDP445's on here lol

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Ahhhh...question for you.  You often see those fan reaction videos.  How genuine are they?  People know they are getting filmed.  Do they actually act that way?  I'm talking about the guys who break TVs, throw stuff, cry and all of that.  To me it's all an act.  I find it embarrassing.  

I've seen people throw crap and break stuff in person before there even was camera phones so yes. Do you see how they talk in the GDT? Lol they are definitely lunatics

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Like watching a musician react to someone else singing their song. Jack Black did one with a band called Amh band

I enjoy the ish out of music, and enjoy seeing people react positively to music.

My neighbors kids, my step sons friends are all in their early 20's, and listed to new hot garbage hip hop.  I have made all of them listen to The D.O.C. album No One Can Do It Better.

Across the board, they have all come back to me, absolutely blown away that an album release in 1989 holds up and blows away anything they are listening to.  Then they want suggestions of other old hip hop they should be listening to.  I get a text from my neighbors son once a week asking me what's next.  He was up from California a couple of weeks ago just after I had suggested Das-EFX.  He could not stop talking about it.

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think it would be really cringy with some of the characters on here. Bunch of EDP445's on here lol

Isn’t he a child molester or something?

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wouldn't sign up for that.  I get entirely to pissed off, and would probably be committed if people saw my reactions during a game.

17 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

My question about this whole thing, what was the allure of Gabby Petito?

2400 kids go missing every day. (majority white)

about 50 people are murdered every day in america. 

What was so specials about her? 

I think the details of what happened more so than it just being gabby petito or someone missing/murdered. The events leading up to it and her fiancé driving home in her parents van across the country without her knowing he left her somewhere. Then him not talking to police, lawyering up, parents protecting him and helping him escape. Add on her parents calling out his parents and a Domestic violence case days leading up to it all. then add in her fiancé is still on the run. This is a Keith Morrison dateline special playing out over the course of the last 2 weeks. 

1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Isn’t he a child molester or something?

Well minus that part

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

I don't think we can expect this issue to be addressed in a season if it is truly an issue in his game.  

I'd venture to guess that he won't get time beyond this season, if it is truly an issue in his game.   Or, if he does, they will always be keeping a look out for an upgrade.    

No final decision can or should be made on him yet, but this is what I think he needs to show... faster decisions, spreading the ball around the field more evenly.   It is only 2 games, but a pattern is fast emerging.  We need to see some 'trend breakers' on MNF.

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Idk there’s a lot of crazy fans out there that don’t know how to control themselves or have a better outlet to release their frustration/anger when their team loses.then you gotta add alcohol all into this cause there’s a lot where they’ve been drinking

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

My entertainment value would vary based on a few factors:

A. Is my wife watching the game with me?

B. If the answer to A is no, then you would be entertained because I would be getting a little drunky with vodka.  If the answer to C is yes, then you'd be bored.....

C. If my one buddy is in town and the wife is out of town like it was opening weekend, then you are in for a treat.  She got home around 430 that day and was not amused....to say the least.  

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I wouldn't sign up for that.  I get entirely to pissed off, and would probably be committed if people saw my reactions during a game.

I would’ve loved to watch some of the reactions during SB 52 with all the twists and turns of that game.

1 hour ago, Ipiggles said:

with how bad we draft at times, I'll take DG anyday. He was worthy of a 1st round pick, shame we dont utilize his talents more.  

Food for thought. 

Wouldn't you rather have DG over the likes of:

Dillard

Agholor

Marcus Smith

Danny Watkins

Broderick Bunkley

Mike Patterson

Shawn Andrews

Jerome McDougal

Freddie Mitchell

John Harris

Being the tallest midget isn't exactly a good defense.   That just highlights the struggles this team has had in selecting talent over the years.  It didn't start with Howie, but it hasn't improved with him either.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I would’ve loved to watch some of the reactions during SB 52 with all the twists and turns of that game.

I destroyed my apartment after the win. I was drunk off my ass lol. 

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

Change to what?  Ultimately, the NFL is a matchup game and the Eagles have enough talent to make defending even part of the field difficult. There are always going to be positive plays he can make if the scheme is any good.  Hurts needs to progress over the course of the season in order to keep his job.  If he has 10 games like the one against Atlanta, then I would feel pretty optimistic about him.  If he has 10 games like the one against SF, I won't.  His game will have flaws and tendencies but so does every other team.  

Correct.  And he has 15 games left to do so.

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Not at all, just can't comprehend it.

In all actuality, it's not that much different from something like what Anthony Bourdain would do with his show.   They are just the every day people though, instead of any kind of 'celebrity'.  Some people prefer that to the celebrities.  Almost a 'lifestyles of the not rich and not really famous'.    I get it.  I love to watch Youtubers who are pit masters and learn a few tricks, see a few new recipes, etc.  Someone interested in travel could find hidden spots that they wouldn't be aware of through this sort of thing.  

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

After Kenny Rogers died, I got stuck in this you tube black hole of watching women (mostly of color) react to his performance of "Lady".  It was hilarious.  Because universally you can see how they all got moist at a couple of exact times.  The first time he said "lady" in a real deep voice and then the line "Forever, let me wake to see you each and every morning".   Lionel Ritchie is amazing.  He hit on something with that line.  

Speaking of Kenny, my mom loved him.  When I explained to her that "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in" was about being on acid, she got super pissed at me and didn't listen to him for more than a year.

Trivia for you, the drummer for Kenny Rogers and the first edition was this guy.

Home Improvement" Read My Hips (TV Episode 1992) - IMDb

17 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Per the piece posted, short middle passes have a four times greater chance of being intercepted and deep throws are intercepted nearly one out of five tries:

More specifically, a pass thrown 20 yards down the middle of the field has about the same completion percentage as one thrown 10 yards towards either sideline. But those same passes thrown down the middle of the field are also about four times as likely to be picked off. Alternatively, nearly one in five passes are picked off when the ball is thrown 30 yards down the middle of the field, which is about three times the rate of interceptions on the sideline.

Personal observation: the 49ers played a ton of single-high safety. That's starting with a guy in the middle of the field. It also frees up the other safety to clog the shorter stuff, again starting in the middle of the field. Further, if you're playing zone, which they did a lot, it's tough on the QB, especially an inexperienced one like Hurts, to pick up the off-side coverage, by which I mean the defender who starts away from the play but closes on it from the wide side. A lot of those INTs are made by a DB or LB coming from the next zone over and whom the QB may never see. Adjusting to that takes experience. To date, Hurts has not made that adjustment but also, to date, he has not been intercepted. To my mind the two related.

True.

But we're not even seeing RB option routes, WR drag routes, or TE button hooks, which are low risk throws that take advantage of LBs trying to cover.

Just now, RLC said:

I keep rewatching this and don't understand Sanders at all. He might have scored!

I think he gets caught in between wanting to get the home run and being patient and taking what is given to him. Against the falcons he kept bouncing it outside. This time he looked more patient but, also looked like he wanted to bounce it too

59 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

That's the thing, I'm a gearhead, aviation geek and bbq lover.  I follow a few channels that 100% provide good content that is enjoyable to watch.  A lot goes in to it.  The bolded is the point I was trying to make.  There seems to be just a lot of that.  

That part of it is interesting to a group of individuals too.  It's niche, but it's popular.  And there is a deadline on it... it won't last forever.  

Archived