wow we finally get to see the Siriani Offense

JP HOF

Another winner.  Definitely not worthy of its own topic.  But I will play along.

You have no way of knowing if it will be exciting or not.  You have no idea what the scheme is.  If they score a lot of points, it will be Hurts running on broken plays and hitting wide receivers deep for the same reason.  

It would be like Mike Vick was the QB and Desean was a WR.  So your post is entirely contradictory of itself.

But as usual, you will not address the topic, you will cry about my input.

13 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

Remember the first game of the Chip Kelly era?

Won't be that exciting but I expect we'll score a lot of points.

I’m looking for a lot of points tomorrow with no film on the offense and a first time defensive coordinator.

3 minutes ago, SB52 said:

I’m looking for a lot of points tomorrow with no film on the offense and a first time defensive coordinator.

They will know Hurts tendencies though.  Let’s hope like last year that a half and 15 minutes of adjustments is not enough film to shut down the offense in the second half.

17 minutes ago, SB52 said:

Are you talking about the Eagles or the Falcons?  Because that exact scenario goes both ways.

Football is a team sport. Our success or failure as an offense this season won't come down to what Hurts showed on film last year. If we can get multiple guys to play well at the same time, we will look a lot better than we did last year. Our first game is nearly here and I'm excited to put 2020 behind us. 

22 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Are you talking about the Eagles or the Falcons?  Because that exact scenario goes both ways.

Both. I think this game goes over 48.

1 hour ago, JP HOF said:

Remember the first game of the Chip Kelly era?

Won't be that exciting but I expect we'll score a lot of points.

That first Chip Eagles game was wild.  Really thought we were in for an offense unlike any other some of the plays he was calling in that game.  Confused as to why all that creativity instantly went away after that game.

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

That first Chip Eagles game was wild.  Really thought we were in for an offense unlike any other some of the plays he was calling in that game.  Confused as to why all that creativity instantly went away after that game.

Due to the limitations of Mike Vick as a passer.   Then Nick Foles came in and got things back on track and got the Eagles into the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Due to the limitations of Mike Vick as a passer.   Then Nick Foles came in and got things back on track and got the Eagles into the playoffs.

No you've completely missed the point of my post.  We were seeing some wild formations in that first game.  I remember one play where there was only like 3 guys lined up along the offensive line and everyone else split wide.  

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

No you've completely missed the point of my post.  We were seeing some wild formations in that first game.  I remember one play where there was only like 3 guys lined up along the offensive line and everyone else split wide.  

NFL defenses figure out nonsense quickly, just like the wildcat in Miami.  Any new wrinkle will always be limited by the passing ability of the QB.

Just now, downundermike said:

NFL defenses figure out nonsense quickly, just like the wildcat in Miami.  Any new wrinkle will always be limited by the passing ability of the QB.

You continue to purposely miss the point.  We didn't see any of those type of plays again after that first game.  

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yup

56 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yup that offense already started to sputter in the second half of that game allowing the redskins right back in it. 

I hated chip from the start

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yup that offense already started to sputter in the second half of that game allowing the redskins right back in it. 

I hated chip from the start

The bolded is true.  I didn't hate Chip... I was fooled that he might have something new to offer.  Turns out, he was just a snake oil salesman and a college coach.   Very few coaches can handle being good coaches/recruiters in the NCAA, and then can actually be good coaches in the NFL with men.   Chip's style just caused ALL his players to play too many snaps.  You can get away with that in NCAA with 18-23 year olds and churning the roster every 4-5 years... with an 80 man roster.    That doesn't work in the NFL... it can't.

8 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The bolded is true.  I didn't hate Chip... I was fooled that he might have something new to offer.  Turns out, he was just a snake oil salesman and a college coach.   Very few coaches can handle being good coaches/recruiters in the NCAA, and then can actually be good coaches in the NFL with men.   Chip's style just caused ALL his players to play too many snaps.  You can get away with that in NCAA with 18-23 year olds and churning the roster every 4-5 years... with an 80 man roster.    That doesn't work in the NFL... it can't.

Probably why there is rumors floating around that the Jags players already hate Meyer and his rules. 

16 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

"Too many plays" as you call it...does give you a higher probability of scoring. But the chaos that it produced,...was uncontrollable. I was curious if it would work...but you right, you needed a track team to sustain it. Oh well. Another Chip fell down trying.

28 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

"Too many plays" as you call it...does give you a higher probability of scoring. But the chaos that it produced,...was uncontrollable. I was curious if it would work...but you right, you needed a track team to sustain it. Oh well. Another Chip fell down trying.

It also gives the opposition a higher probability of scoring.  It doesn't matter how many points you score over the course of the season, only how many times you score more than your opponent, and when you give your opponent 40 minutes of TOP to try to score on you... they run more plays as well.    So, in the end, its not an advantage.  It is a disadvantage.  Because it means that over the course of the season, your players are more beat up than your opponents'... in December... and January, if you are lucky.  

College season is about 12 games... with a bowl.   NFL back then was 16... plus playoffs.  The best teams had to play 19 games, sometimes 20 to win a championship.  Those methods were just not sustainable in the NFL.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It also gives the opposition a higher probability of scoring.  It doesn't matter how many points you score over the course of the season, only how many times you score more than your opponent, and when you give your opponent 40 minutes of TOP to try to score on you... they run more plays as well.    So, in the end, its not an advantage.  It is a disadvantage.  Because it means that over the course of the season, your players are more beat up than your opponents'... in December... and January, if you are lucky.  

College season is about 12 games... with a bowl.   NFL back then was 16... plus playoffs.  The best teams had to play 19 games, sometimes 20 to win a championship.  Those methods were just not sustainable in the NFL.  

I remember saying this is all good with his BS until they aren't winning anymore. I was actually wrong because players started ****ing immediately. . It was dismissed because the players complaining were new players to the team or old veterans that probably shouldn't be playing anymore. 

If you are going to set a new trend you better hope you can sustain it or they will turn on you fast. 

• Like 2

Dude, none of us have any idea what's about to happen. It's all brand new. Sit back, relax, kick up your feet and just watch and take notes. That's what most of us will be doing.That is unless they totally suck, then we will be on our feet screaming at the tv or team if we are in person. 😆

• Like 1