Time to dump Aaron Rodgers?

Gannan

I always try not to over react to week 1, but man did Rodgers stink up the joint. Tannahill and Lawrence are available and I have waiver priority. 

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

I always try not to over react to week 1, but man did Rodgers stink up the joint. Tannahill and Lawrence are available and I have waiver priority. 

He will light it up next week, and most weeks after that.  Looked like lack of reps rust.

32 minutes ago, toolg said:

Tannehill wasn't great either. Lawrence threw 3 INTs.

Very True. I just saw that Stafford is available. I can dump Trey Sermon for him. 

11 hours ago, downundermike said:

He will light it up next week, and most weeks after that.  Looked like lack of reps rust.

I hope so. I have Aaron Jones too, they cost me my game. Bastids. 

I wouldn't go out and dump Rodgers right away. I'd likely start him again vs. Lions next week. But I'd be looking for backup, just in case.

10 minutes ago, Gannan said:

My opponent was nice enough to score 84 points this week.  So even with the dud from Rodgers, the Colts D, Mike Giesecki I am still alive.  Need 32 points out of Josh Jacobs and Ty'Son Williams tonight to pull it off.  Sucks the Deebo and his 24 points is sitting on my bench.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

My opponent was nice enough to score 84 points this week.  So even with the dud from Rodgers, the Colts D, Mike Giesecki I am still alive.  Need 32 points out of Josh Jacobs and Ty'Son Williams tonight to pull it off.  Sucks the Deebo and his 24 points is sitting on my bench.

I'm at 76 points right now with only Mark Andrews left to play. Rogers, Jones, Naji Harris... all guys that were supposed to put up big numbers did nothing yesterday. 

7 minutes ago, toolg said:

Any chance Jameis Winston is available? Look what Brees had to say::o

Someone drafted him pretty early (he went before I took Rogers), which surprised me. But i guess he knew what he was doing. I wasn't sure why everyone was so down on Rogers after the year he had last season, but I guess they new what they were doing as well. 

if you have a deep bench, pick up justin fields.  i think he'll be the starter sooner than later...dalton absolutely sucks....and fields will get you a sheet ton of points with his rushing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

Very True. I just saw that Stafford is available. I can dump Trey Sermon for him. 

I would consider  dropping Sermon for Stanford, assuming you have good RB depth.

27 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I would consider  dropping Sermon for Stanford, assuming you have good RB depth.

My RB depth is pretty good. Aaron Jones, Nick Chubb, Naji Harris, Chris Carson and Mike Davis. Sermon isn't even dressing right now so he's expendable.

46 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

if you have a deep bench, pick up justin fields.  i think he'll be the starter sooner than later...dalton absolutely sucks....and fields will get you a sheet ton of points with his rushing.

I love this idea. 

43 minutes ago, Gannan said:

My RB depth is pretty good. Aaron Jones, Nick Chubb, Naji Harris, Chris Carson and Mike Davis. Sermon isn't even dressing right now so he's expendable.

Even if Sermon gets playing time, it's unlikely you'd play him anyway with those backs, assuming you aren't crushed with an insane wave of injuries.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, downundermike said:

It looks like a lack of effort, heart, time in the weight room, and definitely a lack meat and beer in his diet.  

image.thumb.png.8644bc3be3cb10588a743de1831425cb.png

11 hours ago, toolg said:

So are we feeling better about ARod after Monday night's performance?

Id feel better if he threw a td to Adams in which case I would have won but there’s hope for the future 😂 

20 hours ago, toolg said:

So are we feeling better about ARod after Monday night's performance?

Somewhat, but it was the lions. I did not start  him last week, and probably not going to start him this week, but Im holding on to him. I just trust Stafford and the Rams offense more. 

• 3 weeks later...

Someone offered me Mike Williams for Aaron Rodgers. Done and done. 

• 4 weeks later...

He definitely won't play this week, but what about next week? It's a mandatory 10-day quarantine because he's unvaccinated, right? Does that put next week's game in jeopardy too?

There is also the question of if he and the team will be punished for this.  He lied and the team knowingly repeated the lie.  He could theoretically get suspended.  Probably just meaningless fines all around but it depends how badly the league office cares about it.  If they don’t punish him, they should just eliminate the rules since there is no enforcement for defying them and lying about it.

On 11/4/2021 at 8:06 AM, toolg said:

He definitely won't play this week, but what about next week? It's a mandatory 10-day quarantine because he's unvaccinated, right? Does that put next week's game in jeopardy too?

Saturday next week, from what I heard on ESPN, is the earliest he can return.

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2021 at 4:47 PM, Shepard Wong said:

There is also the question of if he and the team will be punished for this.  He lied and the team knowingly repeated the lie.  He could theoretically get suspended.  Probably just meaningless fines all around but it depends how badly the league office cares about it.  If they don’t punish him, they should just eliminate the rules since there is no enforcement for defying them and lying about it.

I am thinking he will be assessed fines, yes. Suspension? No. Some unvaxxed Bills player was fined $14,000 for violating mask protocol.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/08/26/isaiah-mckenzie-fined-bills-covid-19-mask-violation

$14k per violation times 8 weeks... I think ARod is getting at least a six-digit fine.