Eagles and Josh Sweat reach an agreement

Bwestbrook36

Since the usual people are being slow I'll post this with a screen shot of the tweet since I don't have Twitter 🤷

Screenshot_20210918-113457.png

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Dallas is next?

No San Fran ... Dallas is next week.  

:P

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

No San Fran ... Dallas is next week.  

:P

Dallas Sucks...oh wait my bad

Great news.  Now we see why Fletch was restructured.  And I wouldn't worry about the team being tight under the cap.  The cap should take off soon.  Last year was a Covid induced outlier.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Procus said:

Great news.  Now we see why Fletch was restructured.  And I wouldn't worry about the team being tight under the cap.  The cap should take off soon.  Last year was a Covid induced outlier.

While I'm not all that worried about the cap, I'm also not convinced we will see full stadiums all season. 

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

That's a pretty penny for a guy like Sweat.

I like him as a player though. Must feel he has more upside than Barnett and he's only 24.

"I agree." They're giving him this for future potential and not what he's done now

It seems Howie is trying to lock these guys up (Sweat and Mailata for example) before they play another full season and sky rocket there offseason value. It's smart but also a gamble.

13 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

They're giving him this for future potential and not what he's done now

Also, here are his sacks from last year. They weren’t cheapies. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

It seems Howie is trying to lock these guys up (Sweat and Mailata for example) before they play another full season and sky rocket there offseason value. It's smart but also a gamble.

They both would have been free agents after the season, too. So they could have just signed elsewhere.

52 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

They're giving him this for future potential and not what he's done now

I literally said that in my post...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vaff said:

They should’ve included his signature celebration at the end there.

It's a logical move by Howie this one. I think they have hopes he's going to really have a good year in this scheme so get him under contract now.

• Like 1

I think they saw a player that progressed in each of the 4 years he has been in the league and wanted to lock him up, especially since the rest of the position group consists of 2 players near the end of their careers (Graham, Kerrigan), one completely unproven late round rookie (Jackson), and one player (Barnett) that was drafted high and is still young but hasn’t had that break out year yet (and only under contract for 2021).  Makes total sense to lock up Sweat.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I think they saw a player that progressed in each of the 4 years he has been in the league and wanted to lock him up, especially since the rest of the position group consists of 2 players near the end of their careers (Graham, Kerrigan), one completely unproven late round rookie (Jackson), and one player (Barnett) that was drafted high and is still young but hasn’t had that break out year yet (and only under contract for 2021).  Makes total sense to lock up Sweat.  

I just hope for once signing a guy a bit early works out. 

4 hours ago, vaff said:

He did some Dawk ish on the first sack of taysom