It's week 3... you know what that means

Godfather

On 9/22/2021 at 11:48 PM, Fresh_Prince said:

Mock me if you wish. Wins over DAL WAS and NYG are what it's all about. Fail those and you fail a season. This game is the real test.

I'm glad you included Washington and NYG in there.  Some only care and worry about the Cowgirls.  We need to stop putting them on a pedestal.  They are nothing special.

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ooohhh booy you did it now!! We argued all day over that T-shirt!! 

Why

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Why

Cause some said it was corny and he can't keep doing this cause if he starts to lose people will turn on him. Another said this was poking the bear and giving the Cowboys fuel to go off on us.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Cause some said it was corny and he can't keep doing this cause if he starts to lose people will turn on him. Another said this was poking the bear and giving the Cowboys fuel to go off on us.... 

He's trying to embrace Philly attitudes even though he's new. Maybe it's too much idk.

FB_IMG_1622228053685.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, NOTW said:

He's trying to embrace Philly attitudes even though he's new. Maybe it's too much idk.

FB_IMG_1622228053685.jpg

I said if the cowboys need this for motivation then they have bigger problems then a T-shirt. I also said I doubt the cowboys are getting pissed off over a shirt saying what the eagles were intending to do anyways. 

If it was a shirt that guaranteed victory sure I would understand or a shirt bashing Dallas ok I get that. 

It just says beat Dallas which I'm pretty sure Dallas knows that is what we are trying to do. Lol

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I said if the cowboys need this for motivation then they have bigger problems then a T-shirt. I also said I doubt the cowboys are getting pissed off over a shirt saying what the eagles were intending to do anyways. 

If it was a shirt that guaranteed victory sure I would understand or a shirt bashing Dallas ok I get that. 

It just says beat Dallas which I'm pretty sure Dallas knows that is what we are trying to do. Lol

Right, just a division rivalry it's all fun.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eldereagle1 said:

I was actually looking forward to this game but then…..Dillard.

Not sure I get this.  It would be nice to see what he has become.   Sure, you can believe everything the beat writers tell you from camp.   But, then again, if you did that, you'd have been disappointed in Mailata too, because he struggled in TC against the legend Joe Ostman.  

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

FB_IMG_1622228053685.jpg

Bill Parcels would kick him in the nuts for wearing these T-shirt's, before the Monday night game for a division lead...Show it on the field A-hole! Not on your T shirt!  (I am talking to Siri).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Not sure I get this.  It would be nice to see what he has become.   Sure, you can believe everything the beat writers tell you from camp.   But, then again, if you did that, you'd have been disappointed in Mailata too, because he struggled in TC against the legend Joe Ostman.  

I actually hope you are right. I really do. But it seems this guy is just a few allowed sacks/pressures away from losing his confidence out there. Guess we'll see. 

Just now, Eldereagle1 said:

I actually hope you are right. I really do. But it seems this guy is just a few allowed sacks/pressures away from losing his confidence out there. Guess we'll see. 

My message is basically, "Let's watch and see, not crush him before he steps out there."   We haven't really seen him since his stint at RT in 2019.  But, he looked like a decent rookie at LT in his first few games.  We haven't seen him in a real game since then.  Time to see what Stoutland has done with him.  It might be good, it might not be.  I choose to be cautiously optimstic.

• Like 1

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

My message is basically, "Let's watch and see, not crush him before he steps out there."   We haven't really seen him since his stint at RT in 2019.  But, he looked like a decent rookie at LT in his first few games.  We haven't seen him in a real game since then.  Time to see what Stoutland has done with him.  It might be good, it might not be.  I choose to be cautiously optimstic.

That talent is obviously there. It's a matter if Stoutland got him between the ears, which is a more difficult task. That being said I think he will be serviceable

• Like 1

21 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Big game. With the WFT and the Giants losing this next one puts a team at the lead of the division. 

I was thinking the same thing.  Tonight's game is an NFC East showdown with sole possession of first place and a clear path to a home playoff game on the line.

For real.

So why does it all feel so...listless?

Just now, Hawkeye said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Tonight's game is an NFC East showdown with sole possession of first place and a clear path to a home playoff game on the line.

For real.

Because people aren’t enamored with the team right now. More questions than answers. This is an important game for the coach and the quarterback. How will they handle the spotlight? 

22 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

For real.

Just my take, but I feel like hype in the offseason and now during the week before a game is not what it used to be, but once the game starts fans get into it.  I'm not sure if it's just the larger issues going on in the world, the disappointing 4 win season last year or just the unknown with the new coaching staff.  I think a lot of people are just waiting to see what type of team this is.  

8 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Just my take, but I feel like hype in the offseason and now during the week before a game is not what it used to be, but once the game starts fans get into it.  I'm not sure if it's just the larger issues going on in the world, the disappointing 4 win season last year or just the unknown with the new coaching staff.  I think a lot of people are just waiting to see what type of team this is.  

Last season wrecked my spirit. I've been trying to get it back but, when you go from week 1 to week 2 you get all doom and gloom again because we have seen this movie before

46 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Sounds about right.  But not so long ago, Dallas week set Eagles nation on fire.  This is a big game but it feels like Colts vs. Jags.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 12:28 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I’m less concerned about motivating the Cowboys over this stuff than I am about the same angles coach doing this kind of cheesy stuff. It’s okay if they win, but if they don’t he’s going to lose the fan base and the team. Just go coach a good game and beat the Cowboys. 

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m less concerned about motivating the Cowboys over this stuff than I am about the same angles coach doing this kind of cheesy stuff. It’s okay if they win, but if they don’t he’s going to lose the fan base and the team. Just go coach a good game and beat the Cowboys. 

Meh, we will see. I think if he gets his ass handed to him he will back off of this kind of stuff. For now though nothing wrong with having a little fun and spirit with your team and fans. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Meh, we will see. I think if he gets his ass handed to him he will back off of this kind of stuff. For now though nothing wrong with having a little fun and spirit with your team and fans. 

I’m not a big fan of the rah rah stuff from coaches anyway, but I would feel better about it if he did it after a win and not a loss. There’s a cerebral game to this motivational stuff, and I don’t think he’s figured that all out yet. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not a big fan of the rah rah stuff from coaches anyway, but I would feel better about it if he did it after a win and not a loss. There’s a cerebral game to this motivational stuff, and I don’t think he’s figured that all out yet. 

Well for the second cowboys game he will wear an " already beat Dallas " shirt 😉

• Like 1