Is Zach Wilson Worse than Browning Nagle?

wrestlevessel

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Did you post this in R&R, or did it get moved before a reply??

Probably the latter lol

What a ridiculous thread. After 2 games he's already being declared a bust? On a bad football team who don't seem to know how to manage a rookie QB. Deary me.

He always looked to have the weakest case of the QB's slated for a top 5 pick, it's too early to declare him a bust obviously but the ints he threw on Sunday were each worse than the last, the 4th one was like watching a bad High School QB.

I was amazed to discover he won Polynesian College football player of the year last year, I'd have guessed his forebears invaded Poland.

This years draft looked like QB needy teams reaching for talent that just wasn't there, like a re run of 2018.

Browning Nagle?  That sounds like something I do with my knuckles when I'm giving your mom 2 in the pink and my other fist in the stink!  ****ot!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

He always looked to have the weakest case of the QB's slated for a top 5 pick, it's too early to declare him a bust obviously but the ints he threw on Sunday were each worse than the last, the 4th one was like watching a bad High School QB.

I was amazed to discover he won Polynesian College football player of the year last year, I'd have guessed his forebears invaded Poland.

This years draft looked like QB needy teams reaching for talent that just wasn't there, like a re run of 2018.

I always thought Trey Lance would’ve been a better pick. Wilson seemed like a product of the system player. 

• 2 weeks later...

Zach Wilson should have never seen the field this year. Bad team, new head coach, new OC, new system........but expect him to come in and save the franchise?

Jets doing the old "recipe for disaster" with this kid.......and will be looking for another QB in a year or two to f--- up his career

• Like 1

1 minute ago, birdman#12 said:

Zach Wilson should have never seen the field this year. Bad team, new head coach, new OC, new system........but expect him to come in and save the franchise?

Jets doing the old "recipe for disaster" with this kid.......and will be looking for another QB in a year or two to f--- up his career

Agreed for the most part. I mean I don't know if Saleh is a bad HC but that's a bad franchise so there's every chance he's a bad HC based on their track record in recent years. 

Wilson has some great attributes but he was a project QB who needed time. 

15 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed for the most part. I mean I don't know if Saleh is a bad HC but that's a bad franchise so there's every chance he's a bad HC based on their track record in recent years. 

Wilson has some great attributes but he was a project QB who needed time. 

I dIdn't say Saleh was a bad head coach.....he inherited a bad team and has a lot of work to do.....but to put that on your rookie QB with a bad team around in and in a new offense is just plain stupid.  The Jets should have brought him along slowly......just like Reid did with Mahommes.  On the f------ bench and learn everything they can in film room and practice.  There was NO reason to rush him.....

As I've said before, the psyche and confidence in young QBs is pretty fragile, I don't care who it is....Combine that with their drive to do too much, the competitiveness and inexperience and they start moving away from fundamentals and making more and more mistakes......and eventually getting yo-yoed in and out of the lineup and never getting back to what they could have been.

It's happened so many times in the NFL to 1st and 2nd round QBs, that I'm stunned that they continue to do it......but the pressure to win now overcomes the logic of setting a foundation for long term success.  

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 6:02 PM, hputenis said:

Browning Nagle?  That sounds like something I do with my knuckles when I'm giving your mom 2 in the pink and my other fist in the stink!  ****ot!  

bit of completely useless trivia - i played little league baseball with "browine" nagle

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

bit of completely useless trivia - i played little league baseball with "browine" nagle

Agreed.  Next time keep it to yourself Dirtstar MaGoo!  

10 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Agreed.  Next time keep it to yourself Dirtstar MaGoo!  

you know you'll bring this up at your next party.

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2021 at 12:46 PM, birdman#12 said:

I dIdn't say Saleh was a bad head coach.....he inherited a bad team and has a lot of work to do.....but to put that on your rookie QB with a bad team around in and in a new offense is just plain stupid.  The Jets should have brought him along slowly......just like Reid did with Mahommes.  On the f------ bench and learn everything they can in film room and practice.  There was NO reason to rush him.....

As I've said before, the psyche and confidence in young QBs is pretty fragile, I don't care who it is....Combine that with their drive to do too much, the competitiveness and inexperience and they start moving away from fundamentals and making more and more mistakes......and eventually getting yo-yoed in and out of the lineup and never getting back to what they could have been.

It's happened so many times in the NFL to 1st and 2nd round QBs, that I'm stunned that they continue to do it......but the pressure to win now overcomes the logic of setting a foundation for long term success.  

QB's aren't allowed to take their lumps these days, Josh Allen is the only one I can think of in recent years who has been allowed to develop after a bad first year, I look at a guy like Trubisky who got the last year of John Fox failing in Chicago followed by Matt Nagy's QB killer offense and now he's a back up.

Having said all that, Baker Mayfield keeps getting seasons in Cleveland and I still see Kyle Orton with slightly better wheels.