Halfiime Walk to the Locker Room

EagleVA

So I had an opportunity to re-watch the game last night and I was amazed at the walk to the locker room.

Those guys were as life-less as I've ever seen, everyone of 'em, those suited up and those that weren't, they looked like they had lost the game........with an entire half to play!!

If that's the resilisence they're going to have when after missing a scoring opportunity then they'll be losers ths year.

Sirianni has to instill a never give up attitude with that team.

5 hours ago, EagleVA said:

So I had an opportunity to re-watch the game last night and I was amazed at the walk to the locker room.

Those guys were as life-less as I've ever seen, everyone of 'em, those quited up and those that weren't, they looked like they had lost the game........with an entire half to play!!

If that's the resilisence they're going to have when after missing a scoring opportunity then they'll be losers ths year.

Sirianni has to instill a never give up attitude with that team.

That's what happens when your coaches can't run 40s under 4.5 seconds. We obviously need faster coaches if we expect to compete!

• Haha 3

I think there's probably a couple of reasons for this. Firstly the offense missed a huge opportunity to put up points. Then on the SF drive they scored a TD right before the half. And then with 40 seconds to go they took a knee and didn't even try to respond. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think there's probably a couple of reasons for this. Firstly the offense missed a huge opportunity to put up points. Then on the SF drive they scored a TD right before the half. And then with 40 seconds to go they took a knee and didn't even try to respond. 

There was 12 seconds left.

M.Wishnowsky kicks 65 yards from SF 35 to end zone, Touchback. Philadelphia Eagles at 0:12 1-10-PHI 25 (:12) J.Hurts kneels to PHI 24 for -1 yards.

They didn't give up on anything. You said you re- watched the game. Did you re-watch the game, or did you just stop at halftime? Because they sure as hell fought all the way until the end of the game. You only told HALF the story, which is totally misleading. Next time, tell the whole story.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Talonblood said:

They didn't give up on anything. You said you re- watched the game. Did you re-watch the game, or did you just stop at halftime? Because they sure as hell fought all the way until the end of the game. You only told HALF the story, which is totally misleading. Next time, tell the whole story.

I watched the entire game and here's what I saw.

In the first half, Sirianni did a decent job calling plays but he totally screwed up in the second half by calliing too many drive-killing, low percentage pass plays as well as substituting Gainwell for Sanders.  Gainwell for Sanders, has he lost his mind?

Furthermore, I didn't say they gave up, I said Sirianni needs to instill a never give up attitude, based on their demeanor on the walk to the locker room you'd never know they were only down by 3.  

Don't get me wrong, I can understand their dejection, after the Watkins pass they ended up with a 1st and goal from the 1, how Sirianni screwed that up is beyond me, had I been calling plays it would have been 4 QB sneaks!! 

Nevertheless, they need to keep their heads high, attitude in football plays a huge role.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I watched the entire game and here's what I saw.

In the first half, Sirianni did a decent job calling plays but he totally screwed up in the second half by calliing too many drive-killing, low percentage pass plays as well as substituting Gainwell for Sanders.  Gainwell for Sanders, has he lost his mind?

Furthermore, I didn't say they gave up, I said Sirianni needs to instill a never give up attitude, based on their demeanor on the walk to the locker room you'd never know they were only down by 3.  

Don't get me wrong, I can understand their dejection, after the Watkins pass they ended up with a 1st and goal from the 1, how Sirianni screwed that up is beyond me, had I been calling plays it would have been 4 QB sneaks!! 

Nevertheless, they need to keep their heads high, attitude in football plays a huge role.

Ok, cool.

15 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think Graham getting carted off on the SF TD drive had more to do with it all than anything else.

14 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think Graham getting carted off on the SF TD drive had more to do with it all than anything else.

Fletcher admitted that he got bummed out after that.