Dylan Moses (Alabama LB) -- UDFA SIGNED WITH JACKSONVILLE

HazletonEagle

This post originally made by @philafan4o8 on 5/14/19 on the old boards. philafan4o8 If you wanna re-create your own thread go ahead and maybe a mod can delete this.:

I am normally not a big fan of Alabama players going into the NFL, especially defensive players. But as stated in other topics Alabama's 2017 recruiting class is DIFFERENT from their regular recruiting classes. They will break the mold. Tua, Harris and Moses are my favorite players from that class. I think they project well into the NFL. 

Dylan Moses is an absolute monster and will likely be the top rated LB by the end of the year. Athletically, he is a freak. Size, 6'3" 230lbs. He is a hitter and is a sideline to sideline linebacker. Historically, the eagles do not draft linebackers in the first round but Moses has all of the tools to be a pro bowl LB at the next level. People will be surprised at what they see from Moses this season. Can play inside and outside.

Moses suffered a torn ACL on 8/27/19 which likely is what caused him to pass on last year's draft.

• 3 weeks later...

More high hopes and way to soon To have them

• 7 months later...

With a new dc I could see them wanting at least one talented lb.  last year they spent a 3rd on a project I could see them using a 2 on a star.  If Moses falls to them in the second I would be on board.  The birds are at least 2 drafts away from being contenders again.  Give wentz a weapon in the first in chase grab this guy at 2 and fill in lines with the rest of the picks.  Bomb another year and then grab stingley and a top safety/de we could be in position to make noise again

• 4 weeks later...

I am 100% on the Moses train because it looks like he is gonna fall to mid rounds, total monster. Heat-seeking rangy linebacker with good pedigree, I do really worry about the injury though. But, honestly I could see him being the answer at the position, and we would not have to use high capital on him. There are so many athletic lbs in this draft with coverage potential (parsons, bolton, surratt, and cox). The guys I listed seem to have better coverage instincts than Moses, but that does not make him less capable. It all depends on who is on the board, but I would not be adverse to us pulling the trigger in the 3rd (although I have a feeling Howie will manage to get a 4th somehow).

injury is something to be mindful of...

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2021/01/dylan-moses-says-he-was-not-fully-recovered-from-knee-injury-considered-quitting-football.html

Moses is definitely a day 2 guy. Didnt have the greatest year. I grab him if he is there in the 3rd but I would not draft him with #37.

4 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Moses is definitely a day 2 guy. Didnt have the greatest year. I grab him if he is there in the 3rd but I would not draft him with #37.

agreed, if we acquire a late 3rd or early 4th I am pulling the trigger

• 2 months later...

I still stand by the above statement. We have a long while until our next pick, Cox will definitely be gone, maybe Moses is still around?

Why not another bama player seems like we have a liking for them these days 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Why not another bama player seems like we have a liking for them these days 🙂

Howie has the bug now having not picked one before.

I really think Dylan Moses has a chance to fall to 6th or 7th. He will not go I drafted that I am certain. If there for each 6th they might as well give him a shot

• Like 1