LeSean McCoy Retiring as an Eagle

time2rock

52 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Somehow, I have no emotional state on this. He could have just...retired, and I don't think I'd care.

I didn't even know he was still in the league after K.C. won the Super Bowl. 

12 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I didn't even know he was still in the league after K.C. won the Super Bowl. 

I remember him signing with Tampa, but it wasn’t one of those things that stays in the front of your mind. It was the type of signing where you hear it referenced at a later time and you then recall it having happened. 

Would be willing to bet there's a big race/age divide between Eagles fans on this one, as there probably is for that whole era of Eagles.  Don't think he's a HOF, but boy was he box office when he was going.  Him playing on the same offense as Vick, Maclin, and DeSean was illegal and I'm not sure we'll see anything like it again.

Also would not be surprised to discover he has some sort of legitimate ego disorder.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I was a huge Shady fan. So I’m happy to hear it & look forward to the ceremony 

Same here. He was one of my fave players to watch play. 

• Like 3

So Happy for Shady.  Congrats and so happy you came Home. The Snow Game will forever be legendary.  What a career should of never left.    In the end you walk away with not one but 2 rings.  Including one with Andy to bring it full circle.    Thanks for all your hard work Shady.  Hopefully they can pull this with W for your retirement.   

Eagles will miss DeSean Jackson, but Philly's offense will still be  explosive: LeSean McCoy - New York Daily News

• Like 4

Those were some good seasons. We had it good here a long time. Might not see days like that again for a while. 

• Like 1

A huge number of the people we cheer for are supreme dbags…I find it interesting that Mccoy is the unlucky dbag who gets hated for it.

• Like 1

He was one of the best Eagles RB's ever, I'll give him that. He was also a pretty **** human being, too- which diminishes his "retire as an Eagle" attraction for me. I also started hating his dancing around, instead of running more north and south towards the end of his time in Philly. He tarnished this moment for me by being a D bag, so I'm not all excited about it. 

On 9/30/2021 at 8:05 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

I guess the team thinks so. Perhaps he was more liked in the building than we think. I do recall when we played Buffalo in 2015, he and Lurie embraced on the field before the game.

Lurie was frisking him for weapons.

• Haha 3

On 10/1/2021 at 12:17 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Roob did an article on whether he's potentially bound for Canton or not:

Yeah, it's all statistically true but nobody can tell me that Adrian Peterson wasn't the best running back in the NFL between 2010 and 2020, because it just wouldn't be true, he's something like 100 odd rushing yards behind Shady despite missing 28 games of 3 prime years through suspension and injury. Peterson put up 600 yards last year at 35. 

They should make him suit up. He'd have the most RB team yards for today. 

I also know now why they changed the way players can pick their jersey numbers. Too many numbers have been retired. 

Pro Football Reference has an equation that accumulates the statistical accomplishments of each player, weighs them accordingly, and assigns them a number... their Approximate Value. Here is a list of Running Backs, their stats, and how they compare to Lesean Mccoy:

Name                   Rushing Yards        Rushing TDs     1000-yd Seasons     Years Led Rushing     Total Yards     Years led Total Yards   Total TDs   Pro-Bowl   All-Pro      PFR AV

Ricky Watters            10643                         78                            7                                      0                         14891                      1                                 91                5               0              122

Tiki Barder                 10449                         55                            6                                      0                         15632                      2                                 67                3               1               121

Roger Craig                 8189                          56                            3                                      0                         13100                      1                                 73                3               1              115

Fred Taylor                 11695                         66                            7                                      0                         14079                      0                                 74                1               0              109

Lesean Mccoy           11102                         73                            6                                      1                         15000                      1                                 89                6               1              104

Ottis Anderson          10273                         81                            6                                      0                         13335                      0                                 86                2               1                98

Herschel Walker         8225                          61                            2                                      0                         13084                      0                                 82                2               0                97

Steven Jackson        11438                         69                            8                                      0                         15121                      0                                 78                3               0                93

Priest Holmes            8172                          86                            4                                      1                          11134                     2                                 94                3               3                91

Corey Dillon               11241                         82                            7                                      0                         13154                      0                                 89                4               0                91          

Eddie George             10441                        68                             7                                      0                         12668                      0                                 78                4               1                89

Point of this list? Not a single person here is in the hall of fame. Some have gotten close, many haven't. And most of these guys have been eligible for a LOOONG time. Statistically speaking, Lesean Mccoy had the same career as Ricky Watters. How many people feel he's been shafted for the hall?

I was a huge Mccoy fan when he was here, but it's hard to differentiate Mccoy as the clearly superior back amongst all these guys. Different eras and different types of backs, yes, but just saying he's a 10,000 yard runner or he made a bunch of pro bowls doesn't automatically make him a HoFer. No one cares how many Super Bowls he won sitting on the bench. The things that will make you stick out are being Joe Montana's starting RB in his Super Bowls (Craig). Winning an Offensive MVP, multiple All-Pros, nearly 100 TDs (Holmes). Most 1000 yard seasons and total yards from scrimmage of any RB not in the hall (Jackson). And those accolades still weren't good enough for them either.

There's a waiting list.

On 9/30/2021 at 6:50 PM, NOTW said:

FB_IMG_1633042196416.jpg

Well somewhat in defense for the Chiefs ring he was used a lot earlier in that season until Reid replaced him. 

53 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well somewhat in defense for the Chiefs ring he was used a lot earlier in that season until Reid replaced him. 

I'm not sure why they did either. McCoy was actually having a good season. 

McCoy is my guy. I can only assume most of you hating on him were the same people that stopped rooting for the Eagles while Vick was on the team. Only explanation. Bunch of nerds mad that a guy put out spoilers on a movie and tipped a server 25 cents. I'm not saying he's a nice guy, but all of his off the field "issues" were innocent BS. There's a guy with 22 pending sexual lawsuits in the league, and you think Shady is a POS? Calibrate your moral compasses.

That said, happy to see Shady retire as an Eagle. One of the best players to ever play for the Eagles. Love the guy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1