2020 Draft Adam Schein love 'em hate 'em

eglz1

I'm not going to copy/paste the whole article. it's here if you want to read the whole thing:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001111952/article/2020-nfl-draft-cowboys-chargers-cleaned-up-packers-failed

Of likely interest ( or making hypertension worse)

DRAFT HAULS I LOVE

1) Dallas Cowboys

Now this is a draft haul. Many evaluators, including NFL Network draft guru Daniel Jeremiah, had CeeDee Lamb as the top-rated receiver in this loaded WR class -- and Dallas stole him at No. 17. Never in a million years did I think the Oklahoma product would be there for Jerry Jones. Many teams will regret passing on him. One day before the draft, I had Lamb on my SiriusXM Radio show, "Schein on Sports," and the 6-foot-2, 198-pounder talked about his big-game savvy and how he loves having the spotlight on him. This guy is perfect for America's Team. And happy early birthday, Dak Prescott! The quarterback, who turns 27 in July, now has a scary-good receiving trio, with Lamb joining Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup -- and I think the rookie might end up being the best of the bunch. The Cowboys better lock up Prescott on a long-term deal ASAP, because the price is only going to go up with all this weaponry at his disposal.

Now, before Lamb fell into Dallas' lap, most mock drafts had the 'Boys addressing one of two defensive areas of need: cornerback or D-line. Well, Jerrah hit those two spots with his next two picks. Midway through Round 2, the Cowboys plucked a winning and talented cover man many projected to be a first-round pick: Alabama's Trevon Diggs. Absolutely perfect. One round later, Dallas scooped up disruptive DT Neville Gallimore out of Oklahoma. Another great value pick.

And my favorite Day 3 pick in the draft might've been the Cowboys snagging Wisconsin center Tyler Biadasz in the fourth round at No. 146 overall. Injuries affected his performance last season, but if Biadasz can get right again, he can be a stellar replacement for the recently retired Travis Frederick. When you lose one Badgers pivot ... go get another!

DRAFT HAULS I LOATHE

8 Philadelphia Eagles

I didn't like Philly taking Jalen Reagor over Justin Jefferson in Round 1. I really didn't like taking a quarterback in Round 2.

The Eagles should be in the Super Bowl business. They needed help on defense. Plus, they rightly gave star quarterback Carson Wentz a $128 million contract extension less than a year ago. And then they spend a second-round pick on Jalen Hurts? Please understand: I am a huge fan of Hurts. I believe he can play -- and win -- in the NFL. But this pick bizarrely begs for some kind of quarterback controversy. You still have delusional Eagles fans who somehow believe Nick Foles should be the team's quarterback. Wentz was majestic in the final quarter of the 2019 season, leading the banged-up Birds to the playoffs with clutch performances against division foes. Doug Pederson admitted after the draft that he spoke to new Eagles offensive consultant Marty Mornhinweg about how the Ravens used Lamar Jackson during his rookie year. If you remember, Lamar played in certain packages, then Joe Flacco got hurt and never got his job back.

I can appreciate the Eagles attempting to improve the backup quarterback position. Wentz has been injured pretty routinely in his NFL career. But such a high pick invites drama in an insane hotbed like Philly, and it's not going to end well.

1 minute ago, eglz1 said:

But this pick bizarrely begs for some kind of quarterback controversy. You still have delusional Eagles fans who somehow believe Nick Foles should be the team's quarterback.

This is my biggest issue with the pick. Just when we seemed to be settling down to the Wentz show for years to come they pulled this move. I'm getting on board with the pick, I can understand why they've done it for a number of reasons. But the controversy it causes and the question marks it raises I just don't get it. 

I love Schein's radio show, it's a great listen.  But Schein is a piss poor prognosticator.

The guy who thinks Hurts in really good thinks drafting a really good QB is bad.

I stopped reading after that hot take.