George Karlaftis (Purdue DE) -- DRAFTED BY KANSAS CITY #30

Ray75

So how would people feel about this one? I'm still uncertain. I think there are tools there and I think he can improve with good coaching. But I'm worried about a limited ceiling with him. I'm worried that he'll be another guy who gets pressure but doesn't turn that in to sacks. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So how would people feel about this one? I'm still uncertain. I think there are tools there and I think he can improve with good coaching. But I'm worried about a limited ceiling with him. I'm worried that he'll be another guy who gets pressure but doesn't turn that in to sacks. 

I think he projects as a slightly better Barnett.  I guess if we get a slightly better Barnett without the penalties, that would be a win.

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I think he projects as a slightly better Barnett.  I guess if we get a slightly better Barnett without the penalties, that would be a win.

I'm not sure I'd call it a win but I also wouldn't call it a bust. Not the kind of player we'd hope for given the needs of this roster. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Hoping to hit on a difference maker for a change … not just someone slightly better than  mediocre.  This team sorely needs top tier talent.  

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

First of all, stop worrying. Second, "floors and ceilings" are imaginary parameters. They are nothing more than projections based on limited knowledge. Guys like Tom Brady and Richard Sherman have proven that. Usually when a scouting report brings floors or ceilings up, the projection is based on athletic ability (or perceived lack thereof). I haven't seen any such report about Karlaftis. Most people feel he has a ton of upside and will improve with NFL coaching. 

There's a reason he went from being viewed as a blue chip talent to...meh.  His tape doesn't match his work outs.  He's a solid prospect, not much more though.

20 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

There's a reason he went from being viewed as a blue chip talent to...meh.  His tape doesn't match his work outs.  He's a solid prospect, not much more though.

I don't know ... Maybe if you put him on a team with other talented players around him he would have more of a statistical impact. 

I'm really not seeing the "it" or anything that makes me think he's going to something... hag the same feeling with JJ Whiteside, but 

I'm a guy sitting here typing .

• 2 weeks later...