Wins and losses

Traveler Vic

In the beginning of the year I thought that Eagles might be a 7-8 game winning team.

After Kansas City , I couldn't imagine them winning more than 4 games for the year.

But now as I look over the schedule things are looking up. 

Denver and Chargers, all of the sudden do not look unbeatable.

Washington and Giants certainly are beatable, and so is the Jets.

Other than New Orleans...we could be competing in every single game on the schedule.

My prediction is once again 8 wins, or better, for the year.

I’m not sure how this team will end up. Still don’t know how much the coaches will keep this going. Still need to see more out of Hurts. He’s not showing us enough. What is the deal with the defense? Just a lot of questions still. 

6 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Other than New Orleans...we could be competing in every single game on the schedule.

And I think that one will be close. I know they have a really really good defense but their offense isn't usually as good as it was yesterday. 

23 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

image.thumb.png.3d72f4b4f110f0ab99bf2e3f9a7a63e6.png

I want the season to end right now!!

3 top 10 picks including at 3! And you've got to think Houston likely to QB and there is a good chance that Detrout do too.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

3 top 10 picks including at 3! And you've got to think Houston likely to QB and there is a good chance that Detrout do too.

And we can pick wr punt-returner project, DE project and do some lets say RB or Safety reach

• Like 1

Depends if Siri decides to keep running the ball or not. If they continue to be a run heavy offense like yesterday, they can win some more games down the stretch. If they go all pass happy again then they’ll struggle to beat anyone. 

The only hope I have is that now that 1/2 the season is over, they have all learned what they need to do to be a winning team. To see major growth the 2nd half of the season is a reasonable expectation. We'll see.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

In the beginning of the year I thought that Eagles might be a 7-8 game winning team.

After Kansas City , I couldn't imagine them winning more than 4 games for the year.

But now as I look over the schedule things are looking up. 

Denver and Chargers, all of the sudden do not look unbeatable.

Washington and Giants certainly are beatable, and so is the Jets.

My prediction is once again 8 wins, or better, for the year.

Keep dreaming lets see then beat a winning team this team is going nowhere !

Sticking with .500.  Coaches and Hurts know their jobs are on the line now.  There have been a few embarrassing losses so far and the fans deserve better.

looking at the remaining schedule, herbert & dak are really the only above average qb's the eagles will face. i can see the eagles pulling out just enough wins to screw up their draft pick.

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

herbert & dak are really the only above average qb's the eagles will face

And both will feast on our terrible defense.

I think 8 ish wins is about right.  You’d think I would be happy with winning 8 games but I’m not.  I fear this team is average enough to keep Siri and Howie around for another year.  I want to lose.  Big blowout losses would be perfect.

4 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

And both will feast on our terrible defense.

I think 8 ish wins is about right.  You’d think I would be happy with winning 8 games but I’m not.  I fear this team is average enough to keep Siri and Howie around for another year.  I want to lose.  Big blowout losses would be perfect.

No sir.  We have a new regime so need to build momentum.  Losing sucks.  And last year was unwatchable at times.  We need to get back to kicking a little ***.  And that starts now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Talonblood said:

The only hope I have is that now that 1/2 the season is over, they have all learned what they need to do to be a winning team. To see major growth the 2nd half of the season is a reasonable expectation. We'll see.

Some adjustment have been made. Eric Wilson has been benched. TJ Edwards is getting more playing time. They are blitzing and running the ball finally taking responsibility off the arm of Hurts who was way to young and shaky to have it placed on him to begin with. The have a formula and a schedule the can win as long as they stick to it and not revert back to whatever they were trying to do before.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Some adjustment have been made. Eric Wilson has been benched. TJ Edwards is getting more playing time. They are blitzing and running the ball finally taking responsibility off the arm of Hurts who was way to young and shaky to have it placed on him to begin with. The have a formula and a schedule the can win as long as they stick to it and not revert back to whatever they were trying to do before.

Agree with this and hope they continue down this path.  I don't believe in tanking for picks that is how you become the Jets or Jags.  Keeping a winning culture is far more important IMO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

If Gannon and Siri are really willing to to admit their failures, and embrace and grow what does work, I am still in for the ride this year and will be backing them. If they revert to the losing schemes due to pride, stubbornness and stupidity, I will be watching at a distance, waiting for their heads at the end of the year. 

7 or 8 wins is what I thought they'd accomplish this year. I'm sticking with it. The end of the year schedule eases up. They still have both Giants games, both Washington games, and the Jets coming up.

subtract 30 Million QB - give the ball to the cheap young 2nd round draft pick QB - get a new coaching staff - win MORE games - more money to spend on free agents - 3 first round draft picks.   Things seem good, stay the course. 

• Like 1

My total has changed multiple times between the beginning of the year and now. I mean if they keep running the ball and the d plays solid they could surprise people and go on a run. But if they go back to their ways of throwing 50 times a game they won’t win more then 4 or 5 games.

On 11/1/2021 at 10:00 AM, Talonblood said:

Of course people would minimize any growth this team might show due to the schedule, but this is a 4 win football team. Anything over 4 wins will be growth. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Of course people would minimize any growth this team might show due to the schedule, but this is a 4 win football team. Anything over 4 wins will be growth. 

If I can see more of the run/pass balance, the D being aggressive and creative and the penalties held low, I'm good for the year.