Eagles Trade for CB Kary Vincent Jr.

time2rock

Eagles traded a 2022 6th rd pick to Denver for rookie CB Kary Vincent Jr.  Vincent was selected by Denver in the 7th rd of the 2021 draft.  The 5’10” 189 CB registered 6 INTs in 32 games while at LSU.  

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/broncos-trade-rookie-kary-vincent-jr-to-eagles-for-2022-sixth-round-pick-per-report/

Hmm...another guy a lot of us wanted in the draft.  Hopefully this staff can develop some of these guys into contributers.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, uncphillyfan said:

Is he a corner or safety?

Safety.

Feels like Howie got upset that he hadn't made a deadline move so just did something pretty pointless.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

It's about time they got a corner that can run...4.33

That clearly now makes us the Super Bowl favorites!

Just a case of Howie throwing crap at the wall hoping something sticks again. I get the feeling we might see a heavy dose of defensive backs in the draft for the Eagles. 

I liked him last year as a slot CB in the draft.  I don't think CB looks as deep this year so I'm OK with the 6th round pick given he made Denver's 53 and their secondary is stacked.

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Just a case of Howie throwing crap at the wall hoping something sticks again. I get the feeling we might see a heavy dose of defensive backs in the draft for the Eagles. 

At first I though the same thing, but now I'm not so sure.   Howie might be looking to go trench heavy in this next draft, especially DE, DT and OL.  I think we could go 2 or 3 DEs in this next draft.  They might put off CBs one more year and see if Slay, these young CBs and maybe Nelson gets another year.  And, Howie hasn't put much emphasis on safety since Dawk left.  And, the ones he has drafted haven't panned out.  So, he might go FA there.

2 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

Athletic type player. Great speed, but lacks fundamentals

Need juan castillo to teach em

• Like 3

I think the fact that Maddox is a FA after this year may have been a factor. 

He has some size on maddox and projects as a slot corner so why not bring him in and give him some reps to see if it provides an option if we can’t afford maddox or want more size. 

• Like 1

He played both CB and S at LSU according to the scouting report on thedraftnetwork.  Says he's an explosive athlete with ball skills, but lacks a natural feel for coverage that could get better with coaching.  Says he loves to bait throws, but plays far too loose in coverage where he has the ability to be sticky.  Not enthusiastic when it comes to being physical and might make a better FS who can roam and attack passes trying to get INTs.

9 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

He played both CB and S at LSU according to the scouting report on thedraftnetwork.  Says he's an explosive athlete with ball skills, but lacks a natural feel for coverage that could get better with coaching.  Says he loves to bait throws, but plays far too loose in coverage where he has the ability to be sticky.  Not enthusiastic when it comes to being physical and might make a better FS who can roam and attack passes trying to get INTs.

Eagles don't have a FS on the roster who can truly cover deep sideline to sideline as single high with the needed range.  If they got that out of Vincent I would be ecstatic about that.

25 minutes ago, proveagle said:

Eagles don't have a FS on the roster who can truly cover deep sideline to sideline as single high with the needed range.  If they got that out of Vincent I would be ecstatic about that.

I've been saying for a while now that in this day and age of the NFL with the way the game is played you NEED a FS with exceptional range and ballhawking skills. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

That clearly now makes us the Super Bowl favorites!

One thing is for sure, we need speed in the secondary and he has speed. 

Looking at his draft profile he's going to need good coaching and I think he's out of luck with this current group of coaches. 

It's going to hit Lurie one decade, coaching is highly important in the game of football, until it does, don't wonder why the Eagles never seem to develop talent.

1 hour ago, eggs said:

I think the fact that Maddox is a FA after this year may have been a factor. 

He has some size on maddox and projects as a slot corner so why not bring him in and give him some reps to see if it provides an option if we can’t afford maddox or want more size. 

Maddox has had a pretty good season as well. If he backs it up next year someone will give him more $$$ than the Eagles can afford based on their cap. One thing this team has done pretty well is identify cheap slot corners that contribute on a consistent basis

They'll hype this guy & the scrub they got from AZ who was never on the game day roster for 2-3 years as young exciting talent and an excuse to not draft any top secondary talent with high picks. 

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

They'll hype this guy & the scrub they got from AZ who was never on the game day roster for 2-3 years as young exciting talent and an excuse to not draft any top secondary talent with high picks. 

😔

It doesn't help that guys like Rasul Douglas and Sidney Jones are playing better on their new teams than they ever did here 😂

Lack of adequate player development also is killing this team in the secondary.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

That's exactly what I'm afraid of.  They'll go OL and DL first and second day, and LB/DB will be an afterthought as usual. 

3 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Need juan castillo to teach em

"Juandamentals..." "Everything is juanderful!" :lol:

• Like 2