LB Eric Wilson Waived

time2rock

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But you just know Howie can't help himself. And you know he can't do that. Why? Because rebuilding a roster means doing it mostly through the draft. So if Howie truly committed to that he'd be exposing himself to being fired. 

I’m not sold on Howie building through the draft. He didn’t win Executive of the Year because of his great draft selections. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not sold on Howie building through the draft. He didn’t win Executive of the Year because of his great draft selections. 

Exactly and that's my point. And I'm sure he knows that which is why he won't truly commit to a rebuild. He won't because he can't. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Exactly and that's my point. And I'm sure he knows that which is why he won't truly commit to a rebuild. He won't because he can't. 

I don’t think the owner can either. Heck I don’t think the fans would either. People talk like they would be okay with it, but look how everyone has over reacted to this season knowing this team would struggle. The fans couldn’t deal with a slow paced rebuild.  

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t think the owner can either. Heck I don’t think the fans would either. People talk like they would be okay with it, but look how everyone has over reacted to this season knowing this team would struggle. The fans couldn’t deal with a slow paced rebuild.  

See I know what you're saying but I don't quite agree. I think part of the issue this fan base has right now is knowing this is a rebuild but Howie is responsible for it. It is hard to see things objectively when you know the future is in the hands of a weasel. Also, I think it's been the manner of the performances this year. As fans we wanted to see things that we could look to the future and feel good about. I'm not sure we have really seen that. 

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

See I know what you're saying but I don't quite agree. I think part of the issue this fan base has right now is knowing this is a rebuild but Howie is responsible for it. It is hard to see things objectively when you know the future is in the hands of a weasel. Also, I think it's been the manner of the performances this year. As fans we wanted to see things that we could look to the future and feel good about. I'm not sure we have really seen that. 

If it weren’t Howie are we sure the next guy will do better? So many called for Pederson’s head, but is Sirianni the right guy in return? Heck people were burying him after his first interview. Sirianni is one win away from tying Pederson’s record from last season. We don’t really know how this will turn out yet, but even with the new people (myself included) we haven’t bee willing to let this all play out yet. People are literally calling for Sirianni to already be fired and the truth is the fans aren’t that willing to be patient.

27 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If it weren’t Howie are we sure the next guy will do better? So many called for Pederson’s head, but is Sirianni the right guy in return? Heck people were burying him after his first interview. Sirianni is one win away from tying Pederson’s record from last season. We don’t really know how this will turn out yet, but even with the new people (myself included) we haven’t bee willing to let this all play out yet. People are literally calling for Sirianni to already be fired and the truth is the fans aren’t that willing to be patient.

Oh no question we don't know that bud. But we know that Howie is bad and so I'd at least want to see something different. Just because the next guy may not worse or as bad doesn't mean we shouldn't fire him. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh no question we don't know that bud. But we know that Howie is bad and so I'd at least want to see something different. Just because the next guy may not worse or as bad doesn't mean we shouldn't fire him. 

We all want him fired. Not sure what he has on the owner that allows him to keep his job though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

We all want him fired. Not sure what he has on the owner that allows him to keep his job though.

He's definitely got something because I don't think any other owner would put up with this garbage. 

• Like 1

In today's NFL, there is no reason not to continue to build the roster with the expectations of being competitive now. Some of you have an antiquated expectation of "rebuilding" a team. You don't just trade everybody of value for draft picks and build through the draft. You need to always have a mix of young players and veterans that can mentor, lead, and inspire. But first and foremost, the team has to be able to win games. If your team doesn't believe in its ability to beat each opponent it prepares for each week, then there aren't any players on that roster you should "build" around moving forward. Then you have a perennial loser like Miami and Detroit or a team like Jacksonville that has drafted big talent players with high picks only to have them get disgruntled and force their way out during their rookie contracts. When you see that stuff happening as a free agent looking for a new team, you don't even consider going to a team in that state. That forces you to overpay for overrated FAs that don't care about winning. 

So not only do you build through the draft and free agency, but you build through winning games. If you bypass the importance of winning games, you are not building anything. 

• Like 3

On 11/6/2021 at 8:21 AM, brkmsn said:

In today's NFL, there is no reason not to continue to build the roster with the expectations of being competitive now. Some of you have an antiquated expectation of "rebuilding" a team. You don't just trade everybody of value for draft picks and build through the draft. You need to always have a mix of young players and veterans that can mentor, lead, and inspire. But first and foremost, the team has to be able to win games. If your team doesn't believe in its ability to beat each opponent it prepares for each week, then there aren't any players on that roster you should "build" around moving forward. Then you have a perennial loser like Miami and Detroit or a team like Jacksonville that has drafted big talent players with high picks only to have them get disgruntled and force their way out during their rookie contracts. When you see that stuff happening as a free agent looking for a new team, you don't even consider going to a team in that state. That forces you to overpay for overrated FAs that don't care about winning. 

So not only do you build through the draft and free agency, but you build through winning games. If you bypass the importance of winning games, you are not building anything. 

Vince Lombardi could not have said it better. 🙂

On 11/6/2021 at 11:21 AM, brkmsn said:

So how do you win games when you lack talent? The problem with all of the perennial losing teams is they don’t commit long to winning. Take the Jags for example. They were young and in the AFC Championship game, but instead of commuting to getting themselves a better quarterback, they went cheap and blew it all up. They didn’t want to pay and they didn’t want to bring a veteran or two that could take them over the top. It’s not like they were cap burdened either. Conversely look at the Eagles right now. They are burdened with cap issues, but a bigger burden is drafting stiffs like JJAW that force the team to spend more years and draftpicks on the same position.  The Eagles right now don’t have the cap space to go full into free agency to fix their draft failures, because they’re paying their quarterback to play on a different team, and have been overpaying veterans past their prime due to Howie restructuring deals. At some point in time a team needs to push the reset button and commit to their young talent assuming the GM selects the right talent. Miami, Detroit, the Jets, and especially the Jags have talented draft selections. Most of them are playing for other teams right now, because they are poorly run organizations. In short franchise changing talent can be had at the top of the draft, and when it’s time the team can use free agency to take that team to the next level. Or they can be cheap, and languish at the bottom of the league until their talent gets tired of being there and they trade them away, because they want to be cheap.