Odell Beckham Jr. (Rams WR) -- 2022 Free Agent

Jenkins27

45 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Rams get richer again. How come when the Eagles were trying to make a run they were never able to keep grabbing up players like the Rams have? How in the world can the Rams keep affording to get players? 

They are selling their souls for a championship.... I have a feeling after this run they will be looking at a major down fall. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They are selling their souls for a championship.... I have a feeling after this run they will be looking at a major down fall. 

They mortgaged their future for Stafford and others.  My guess is that in 3 years, the team is headed for rock bottom

23 minutes ago, Procus said:

They mortgaged their future for Stafford and others.  My guess is that in 3 years, the team is headed for rock bottom

I feel like we said that 3 years ago about them. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

I feel like we said that 3 years ago about them. 

But the way they are winning by giving up high draft picks for high priced veterans and signing expensive free agents.  Unless the cap explodes, they're in trouble

2 hours ago, Procus said:

Where have I seen this before?

Eagles 2017 - Super Bowl win with 2nd oldest roster in the league at that time (Patriots were 1st)

Eagles 2018 - Lose in Divisional Round to Saints

Eagles 2019 - Lose in Wild Card to Seahawks

Eagles 2020 - Miss playoffs and go 4-11-1, Doug Pederson let go as head coach

If the Rams pull it off this year, they can go down a similar route and the fans will probably say it's still worth it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Eagles 2017 - Super Bowl win with 2nd oldest roster in the league at that time (Patriots were 1st)

If the Rams pull it off this year, they can go down a similar route and the fans will probably say it's still worth it.

Can’t say I’m upset the Eagles went down the path they did. 

6 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

To be fair that path wasn't pre ordained, if we'd have drafted worth a damn since 2016 we might have kept the plates spinning, instead we drafted mostly low average starters in the early rounds and PS or treatment room fodder in days 2 and 3.

The Rams have bet it all on going all the way this year, but with steady mid round drafting the next couple of years and the new TV deal hitting the cap in 23, they could easily keep the train rolling.

• Like 3

On 11/12/2021 at 4:01 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

To be fair that path wasn't pre ordained, if we'd have drafted worth a damn since 2016 we might have kept the plates spinning, instead we drafted mostly low average starters in the early rounds and PS or treatment room fodder in days 2 and 3.

The Rams have bet it all on going all the way this year, but with steady mid round drafting the next couple of years and the new TV deal hitting the cap in 23, they could easily keep the train rolling.

Absolutely, this was not a "planned" rebuild, and even Howie Roseman probably knows he's had better luck trading for veteran players than drafting his own (Jay Ajayi, Golden Tate, Jordan Howard, Michael Bennett, Darius Slay, etc...). He wasn't afraid to use 3rd/4th round picks on veterans to win now and compensate for poor draft choices in years past.

I'm grateful for the SB win, no doubt about it. Even if this rebuild is the price to pay for it, still is worth it.

The Rams took a more radical approach and said F those 1st round picks, let us acquire big name veteran players that are on the trading block, to go all in right now. They have hit with some of their 2nd/3rd round selections over the last 5 years (Cooper Kupp, Darrell Henderson, Van Jefferson) which will help for sure, but might not stop them from struggling with the cap down the road.

Odell Beckham may have lucked into a starting opportunity after Robert Woods tore his ACL. Unfortunate circumstances, especially with Woods being a reliable, consistent player for them. WR2 is up for grabs between Beckham, Van Jefferson, and possibly more targets going Tyler Higbee's way at TE.

• 4 months later...

Green Bay now has a gaping hole in their WR room. 

Aaron Rodgers would have significant appeal to a guy like Odell Beckham, who may be forced to take another 1 year prove it deal given the fact he's coming off injury.

Beckham was outshadowed by Cooper Kupp in LA but would be the undisputed WR1 in Green Bay.

I doubt he'd come here when we barely snuck into the playoffs

18 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'd bring OBJ in to Philly. He's the kind of WR we need. 

He raised his leg like a dog and pretended to piss on the Linc

Howie and Lurie was not happy one bit over that. Odell doesnt have a shot in hell being an Eagle

Interesting tidbit on OBJ former teammate Robert Woods. Outside of bringing in players that Sirianni knows (Pascal) or guys who have ties to Philly (Reddick), it's going to be tough to convince talented players to sign here in the short term.

Screenshot_20220323-102527_Facebook.thumb.jpg.b45d41add8386c2444444af21b9cd12a.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Interesting tidbit on OBJ former teammate Robert Woods. Outside of bringing in players that Sirianni knows (Pascal) or guys who have ties to Philly (Reddick), it's going to be tough to convince talented players to sign here in the short term.

Screenshot_20220323-102527_Facebook.thumb.jpg.b45d41add8386c2444444af21b9cd12a.jpg

You can't blame him. You can't blame him and you can't really blame any of the players who have opted to play elsewhere. 

• Like 1