College Basketball

DaEagles4Life

28 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No he won’t.  Stop.  Pick a bandwagon BTW.  

What the F you talking about? I’ve been a Nova fan since 1980. 

Once Coach K leaves Wright ascends to the top. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah. How long have you been a Duke fan, is the question? 

Never as I posted several times in this thread. I’ve always hated them. 

Or rather in the Duke thread. 

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2022 at 9:05 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No he won’t.  Stop.  Pick a bandwagon BTW.  

Bro...Wright has been on a pedestal of his own for quite some time now....as a coach.  I will agree with you though that Wright won't be a mini Coach K.  Coach K of yesteryear, before 2010 was an amazing coach.  Since then he's been a talent manager.  Same as the other big 1 and done schools coaches.

Wright has already been mini K for the last decade.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Stop.  And I hate Duke.  But come on.  

Look man, you're wrong.  Wright is the top dog now.  Four final fours, three in the last six, two championships in the last six.  No coach has been better over the last 12 years especially given the fact that Villanova can't compete with Duke, KU, UK for the one and dones.  The facts speak for themselves.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Everyone always wanting to anoint someone as the next …..   Jay Wright is Jay Wright.  That’s it.  

Yeah, and every arsehole has an opinion.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Someone getting all butt sore.  I’m wrong in saying Jay Wright isn’t a mini Coach K?  How is that wrong.  He’s Jay Wright.  The guy has made his own name.  It’s disrespectful to not give him that much.  That’s all I was saying.  You Fing imbecile.  

You're the imbecile and the one who got butt hurt because I suggested Wright would be the "mini" Coach K.  Note the word "mini", i.e. "lesser version of", you dope.  Why even put your nose into my opinion?

50 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It’s a message board.  You say something dumb, you’re gonna get called out for it.  How is that me being "butthurt”?  😂   I don’t even like Coach K or Duke.  You’re just being a homer.  Again.  It’s dumb.  Let Wright be his own guy.  He’s made his own name.  I would think a bent homer would respect and understand that.  I guess not.  

Yeah, and I'm calling you out.  You said dumb stuff.

Sure Wright made his own name.  However, you don't think he'd be happy to be compared to Coach K?  If not, then you need to leave the thinking to others mate.  In any case, my sole point of comparison is in their level of success.  There are other points as well but I'll leave those alone.  Remember I said "mini" meaning "lesser version of".

Since we are discussing this, I chose to take a look and here are the numbers that Wright has put up as compared to Coach K's first 20 years.  Pretty much a "mini" version regarding their success.  Wright is only halfway there of course but...

Coach K - Two national championships, seven final fours, three coach of the year awards, six ACC titles

Wright - Two national championships, four final fours, two coach of the year awards, five Big East titles

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Too bad the first game was a dud.  Could have been a great Final 4 if there were four blue bloods, instead of just 3.  Maybe next year.  

Nice troll attempt

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ok Mate!  😂  Wright will have to coach until he’s 80.  Such is the life of Coach K Jr.  what did I say that was dumb?   That’s he’s not a mini Coach K?  Is that what it was?   Uhh  ok Homer   

#notablueblood

It was fun taking a look at this one.  I saw an article a few days ago talking about the top of NCAA coaching once Coach K leaves.  A national article and not some local Philly dude.  Wright was on top.

Like I said, every arsehole has an opinion (yeah, mine included).  The rest is you trolling.  I've said my piece.  You can disagree.

On the blue blood thingy, I've never considered Nova a blue blood.  That's saved for UNC, Duke, KU, UK, and UCLA in my mind.  IU has a great case but been some time since they did anything so I'm not including them.

• Haha 1

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/north-carolinas-final-four-win-vs-duke-ends-coach-ks-career-and-any-doubt-what-is-best-rivalry-in-sports/

Final Four 2022: Villanova's season over after loss to Kansas, but Jay Wright might be new top active coach

And just like that a 2nd national journalist pushing Wright

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Nice name calling.  😂

Passive aggressive.  

Coach K Jr.  yet I’m trolling. ✌️

Yeah, called myself a name.

• Haha 1

Jay Wrights already better than coach k because he’s not an unlikeable dbag. 

Anyway, the success of the nova bball program is absolutely ridiculous for a regional catholic university of 4,000 students. The approach to the game is refreshing for anyone who enjoys team basketball. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

It was fun taking a look at this one.  I saw an article a few days ago talking about the top of NCAA coaching once Coach K leaves.  A national article and not some local Philly dude.  Wright was on top.

Like I said, every arsehole has an opinion (yeah, mine included).  The rest is you trolling.  I've said my piece.  You can disagree.

On the blue blood thingy, I've never considered Nova a blue blood.  That's saved for UNC, Duke, KU, UK, and UCLA in my mind.  IU has a great case but been some time since they did anything so I'm not including them.

Honestly, I think Wright is a better coach than K because he doesn't get the best of the best of the one and done players each year. He gets decent prospects and coaches them for 3 or 4 years.

• Haha 1

Coach Wright coaches.

The Duke and Kentucky Coaches, well, just MO, they manage talent

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Honestly, I think Wright is a better coach than K because he doesn't get the best of the best of the one and done players each year. He gets decent prospects and coaches them for 3 or 4 years.

Yeah he’s great. Coach K started that way too. He didn’t always get the top guys. 

• Like 1

Just now, DrPhilly said:

Yeah he’s great. Coach K started that way too. He didn’t always get the top guys. 

Yeah, it's been so long I forget.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Yeah, it's been so long I forget.

I saw them live in his first year when they played at my school. Johnny Dawkins was on that team. 

edit : his third year

1 minute ago, DrPhilly said:

I saw them live in his first year when they played at my school. Johnny Dawkins was on that team. 

Had to be the early 80s. Pretty cool.

• Like 1

Just now, Diehardfan said:

Yep. Dawkins won the game on a driving layup inside of a minute to go. 

Duke wasn’t great that year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Looked it up. His third year as coach. They sucked those first couple years. 

Congratulations to the Lady champs! I didn't know much about the team... But listen to the commentators!

They like the Cs! :lol:

Caleb Love went way too into ball hog mode in the last 5ish minutes of that game. 

• Like 1