Eagles extend Dallas Goedert 4 years.

RememberTheKoy

Not a great contract but it's hard to argue that he isn't a pretty valuable part of the offense. He probably gets the same deal in free agency, so we don't see any "hometown" discount, but I guess it keeps him happy. They could have franchised him for two years and saved a little, but I think that's an example of being penny wise and pound foolish.

Kind of odd we are paying a tight end almost the same as our left tackle, and there's an argument to be made that both are ranked around the same at their position in the league, but if both guys are happy I can't complain.

16 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Way too much for what he's done but the market messed that up

I am happy we can keep him though

I guess we aren't paying for what he's done though. We are paying for what he can do. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I guess we aren't paying for what he's done though. We are paying for what he can do. 

Yes. I don't like that

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Yes. I don't like that

That's fair enough but I think if he'd produced more we'd be paying a lot more. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Infam said:

Maddox and Howard please!

Didn't the board hate Maddox like last year?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's fair enough but I think if he'd produced more we'd be paying a lot more. 

Agreed. Considering how the TE market is developing, it‘s less than I thought we‘d have to pay.

1 minute ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Not me. Always said he‘s a good slot.

4 minutes ago, Infam said:

Agreed. Considering how the TE market is developing, it‘s less than I thought we‘d have to pay.

Not me. Always said he‘s a good slot.

I think ppl jus hated him on the outside 

• Like 1

Cheap FO!!!

:lol:

Seriously, great work to keep a young playmaker in his prime around for the next few years.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Maddox sucked last year, he has no business playing outside corner, he's been good in the slot this year

According to OverTheCap, this is the top of the ladder for guaranteed money being handed to a TE. 

His yearly salary is 2nd in the league, making 250k less per year than Kittle.

He has big shoes to live up to.  He will need to be our Kelce as Davontae continues to ascend to the level of Tyreke Hill to justify this contract.

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Maddox sucked last year, he has no business playing outside corner, he's been good in the slot this year

He wasn’t good outside, but getting moved all over- slot, safety, outside is tough. And the team was bad too..

Whenever he played slot he looked good, and that he had to learn the other positions ultimately is a plus.

• Like 1

Hmm.  I like keeping him, that was expected.  Being the 2nd highest paid TE in the league though?  He's also missed games the last couple years.  Hope this works out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Torymitch said:

According to OverTheCap, this is the top of the ladder for guaranteed money being handed to a TE. 

His yearly salary is 2nd in the league, making 250k less per year than Kittle.

He has big shoes to live up to.  He will need to be our Kelce as Davontae continues to ascend to the level of Tyreke Hill to justify this contract.

I thought contracts were already higher, and stand corrected. That’s how it goes though, bet if you look at it three years from now it will look cheap.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

You don't like locking up the brightest young TE in the league?  

Pretty sure I've already mentioned why I didn't like the price

Possibly.  Darren Waller has a legit gripe for a raise, but he'll be 30 next year.  

Kittle, Kelce, and Mark Andrews were all recently locked up.

Pitts needs to log 3 more years before he is handed a deal. 

Hockenson and Noah Fant likely raise the ceiling a bit, possibly Know, other than that it's a fairly empty cupboard at that position.

We all know this was an on going negotiation. I believe these were the initial numbers that the Goedert team brought to the table. The length of the negotiations tells me Howie was trying to cut that guarantee number and the player wouldn't budge.

It was either pay him what he wanted or risk losing a proven playmaker at the position and have to replace yet another position in the offseason.

44 minutes ago, Infam said:

Agreed. And look I think he's a really really good TE. I think he could honestly be top 5.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Pretty sure I've already mentioned why I didn't like the price

You were serious about that?  He "hasn't done enough"?  While playing behind Ertz, who they traded so Goedert could take over.  Got it.