Nakobe Dean (Georgia LB) -- DRAFTED BY EAGLES #83!

eaglegenius

The Bulldogs have the best defense in college ball and Nakobe Dean is arguably their best linebacker, based on his three year stats. 
But what I like most is that he's been stepping up his game every year, steadily getting more dangerous.

Tripled his number of sacks this year (4.5 and the season's not over), and took one of his 2 INTs 50 yds for a TD.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 10:01 PM, BigEd76 said:

I worry about his size in the NFL. He's smaller than some safeties

Devin White: 6'0, 235  -  Deion Jones 6'1, 220  -   Roquan Smith 6'1, 229.  -   Eric Kendricks 6'0, 230.  -   Devin Bush 5'11, 234  -   Nick Bolton 6'0, 232...

Dean is listed at 6'0, 225... I dont worry about his size, he will be find. He is a heat seeker who is always around the ball, and he is the leader for the best defense in college football. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes.

Smart, athletic, aggressive.

Perfectly happy spending a mid-first on this guy.

5 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Yes.

Smart, athletic, aggressive.

Perfectly happy spending a mid-first on this guy.

Do you like him better than Lloyd?

This is a real one so we won’t draft him 😕

This guy gets around the field and would be a lot of fun to watch I think. The worry is definitely his size though. 

On 1/5/2022 at 3:37 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This guy gets around the field and would be a lot of fun to watch I think. The worry is definitely his size though. 

I guess he came in at 5’10” and 210lbs. in this reality - still seems like a steal.

32D8B45B-7492-4C63-8C4C-26C20C81D918.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I don't like Dean in the first round. Seems to me he made his whole rep on one play in the national championship game when he chased the receiver across the field on a jet sweep. He's also standing on his toes to measure 6'0". I'm much prefer Lloyd or even Harris (Alabama) or Smith (Penn State) in the 2nd round.  

On 12/13/2021 at 8:55 AM, QBhunter58 said:

Devin White: 6'0, 235  -  Deion Jones 6'1, 220  -   Roquan Smith 6'1, 229.  -   Eric Kendricks 6'0, 230.  -   Devin Bush 5'11, 234  -   Nick Bolton 6'0, 232...

Dean is listed at 6'0, 225... I dont worry about his size, he will be find. He is a heat seeker who is always around the ball, and he is the leader for the best defense in college football. 

45 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

Did we get his official height yet?

Per the Combine page, he's listed at 5'11, 229 lbs.

Ironically, Dean's player comp on his NFL.com scouting report is Devin Bush.

i would never go for this because we seem to always try this and it fails..but with a guy who is 5'10" and 215 lbs...why not convert him to Safety? 

i hope we draft him because of his major: Mechanical Engineering...

he would be, hands down, the smartest player on defense :-)

On 3/5/2022 at 9:34 PM, eaglesfan0075 said:

Per the Combine page, he's listed at 5'11, 229 lbs.

Ironically, Dean's player comp on his NFL.com scouting report is Devin Bush.

The height and arm length weren't too bad.  I don't think he plays at 229, and I bet he had to piss like race horse at the weigh in.  No tumble, draft stock steady.

On 3/7/2022 at 9:17 AM, flyerdog said:

i would never go for this because we seem to always try this and it fails..but with a guy who is 5'10" and 215 lbs...why not convert him to Safety? 

i hope we draft him because of his major: Mechanical Engineering...

he would be, hands down, the smartest player on defense :-)

Why do people fudge the size numbers reported at the combine? He's 5' 11.25" tall and 229 lbs. The combine numbers are not propaganda. 

On 3/9/2022 at 10:27 PM, brkmsn said:

Why do people fudge the size numbers reported at the combine? He's 5' 11.25" tall and 229 lbs. The combine numbers are not propaganda. 

Exactly, I had concerns about Dean’s size when the draft experts were listing him at 5’10” and 210 lbs range, but not anymore.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure we even need another LB with Whyte, TJ Edwards, Bradley and  Taylor? Especially an undersized one

2 hours ago, rrfierce said:

I'm not sure we even need another LB with Whyte, TJ Edwards, Bradley and  Taylor? Especially an undersized one

I really hope your joking. 

We need talent at LB. The names above you listed are sub par in the position. 

2 hours ago, rrfierce said:

He wont be around when we pick. Dean may be undersized, but not much different than guys like Eric Kendricks, Devin White, or Bobby Wagner (as a rookie). I understand that his length does pose real limitations in some coverage situations. But, the dude flys around the field, he is durable, and his ability to read and react is just one of the reasons he led the best defense in CFB. He is going to be gone in the next 10 - 12 picks. 

But I agree, we REALLY need to go elsewhere (pick a CB). I also hope to see Taylor continue his development from last year and really begin to tap into his potential.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I really hope your joking. 

We need talent at LB. The names above you listed are sub par in the position. 

And what about our CBs and safeties ?