Anyone else ready for a letdown tomorrow?

opa-opa

Will it be the same old story?

Once people start blabbing about playoffs and they start to hype up expectations this team always crashes and burns.

• Like 1

This game is the Giants Super Bowl

whether this means the Eagles lose or not I don't know. If they win I'll take extra enjoyment from it

11 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Will it be the same old story?

Once people start blabbing about playoffs and they start to hype up expectations this team always crashes and burns.

All new coaching staff.  It's obvious the former HCs never fertilized their flower beds.  :P

In all seriousness, it will be interesting to see how Sirianni and his staff manage to keep this team on track.  They have momentum now but we all know how unpredictable games are when facing division opponents.  So this will be (hate to use the usual expression here) a good test for this team.  

This team has been lucky playing teams with injuries and having a soft schedule. Some of the kids are playing better but it isn't a let down when you realize the massive holes they still have. Hurts isn't the guy, they need at least one WR, maybe another OL, DE, LB, S, and CB help. 

• Like 1

The Giants stink on ice. I expect a win vs. them, and when they get it, they will have exceeded my season expectation of 5 wins max.

Expecting a win but ready for a letdown. Hard to tell what effect the Giants coaching change is going to have. Do the Giants play like a team with something to prove and nothing to lose or do they play like a team that's thrown in the towel and it's every man for themselves. I think the longer we keep the door open for the Giants the more dangerous they will become. We could learn a lot about our coaches ability to make in game adjustments.

• Like 1

When were these crash and burn scenarios? 2017? 2018? 2019? 2020 We were dead on arrival soooo

• Like 1

I knew this was coming before it even happened. Been a fan for 30 years and it’s the same story every year. They get a little momentum and a trap game shows us what kind of team they really are.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Another solid take from you :roll: 

Yeah, I was wrong.

Sadly not wrong about Hurts inability to throw or how terrible Jalen Reagor is.

• Like 4

This game brought me back to the Reid/McNabb years. Always sinking down to the opponent's level when playing a bad team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Apparently I had unrealistic expectations. 

I think we all did. I didn't trust this team but I still thought they'd handle the Giants. A team on a good run against a team who are a dumpster fire. Should have known better really. 

16 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

I knew this was coming before it even happened. Been a fan for 30 years and it’s the same story every year. They get a little momentum and a trap game shows us what kind of team they really are.

This wasn't a "trap" game. It was two teams trying to figure things out moving forward and the team that made the fewest mistakes won. Not a huge surprise unless you thought one team was special. 

10 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Apparently I had unrealistic expectations. 

My expectations aren’t unrealistic because I haven’t had any since the season started.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What's funny is even with the mistakes if the Eagles ran the ball to start the game it wouldn't have been close. 3 ints and a fumble and the Giants only come away with 13 points... lmao. What a terrible offensive showing.