Chris Godwin (Buccaneers WR) -- FRANCHISED BY TAMPA BAY

Godfather

2 hours ago, Godfather said:

Yall get the theme right? Vet wr needed

Indeed ... and he would be my first choice.  

We're going to have to back up the Brinks truck for him, but he would be worth it only if we can get a legit QB.

Williams would be my first choice as I think he's a better complimentary player to Smith but Godwin would be a damn good pick up too.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Williams would be my first choice as I think he's a better complimentary player to Smith but Godwin would be a damn good pick up too.

I like Williams too but I disagree here. If Smith is your X and Watkins sort of your Z, Godwin would be perfect as your slot while Williams is more of a X.

JuJu would be another one who can fill that role perfectly and would be cheaper IMO.

Godwin will probably be the most sought-after FA WR. The Bucs could bring him back and move on from that pos Brown. I would be surprised if they franchised him again

2 hours ago, Ray75 said:

I like Williams too but I disagree here. If Smith is your X and Watkins sort of your Z, Godwin would be perfect as your slot while Williams is more of a X.

JuJu would be another one who can fill that role perfectly and would be cheaper IMO.

I like the versatility of Smith and of Godwin but Williams just offers more of that size which we desperately need on the outside. 

• Like 1

we are fine there... doubt we address wr with a high price free agent if they even hit the market.  

likely another low end guy they think has upside or has been hurt a ton but if he stays healthy.... plus another draft pick in the first 3 rounds i assume.

24 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

we are fine there... doubt we address wr with a high price free agent if they even hit the market.  

likely another low end guy they think has upside or has been hurt a ton but if he stays healthy.... plus another draft pick in the first 3 rounds i assume.

DJ Chark

• Like 1

Yes please for Godwin.  Gallup would be my next.  I didn't realize Godwin will be a FA.

Would love to get Godwin but as others have stated above, he will be highly sought after by teams in free agency and would be expensive

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Now he probably signs a 1 yr prove-it deal. 

I wonder if the torn ACL actually helps the Bucs case in being able to keep him around on a short deal. 

If he's not gonna get big $$ elsewhere, Godwin may elect to stay with Brady to keep his stock up before hitting FA again?

3 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I wonder if the torn ACL actually helps the Bucs case in being able to keep him around on a short deal. 

If he's not gonna get big $$ elsewhere, Godwin may elect to stay with Brady to keep his stock up before hitting FA again?

I can see that. A 1 year deal with the Bucs worth $5m a year. If he comes back strong, he cashes in. 

Just now, Road to Victory said:

I can see that. A 1 year deal with the Bucs worth $5m a year. If he comes back strong, he cashes in. 

Not to mention, it's no guarantee that they'll keep Antonio Brown next season. They invested some draft capital at WR the past few seasons and may think one of Jaelon Darden/Tyler Johnson/Scotty Miller can provide adequate production in the slot without the potential locker room headache, while Evans and Godwin man the outside WR spots.

8 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I still think someone makes a strong offer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With Brady retiring, I think that opens up the possibility of Godwin being available, as I suspect Tampa may look for a year of retooling and players will be less keen to take a salary hit without Brady.

Even if he's not they guy we sign (I still like Robinson), if he's available, hopefully that makes it more of a buyers market.

Is any WR looking to build his value on a one year deal really going to sign here? 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2022 at 6:22 PM, thedanone82 said:

Is any WR looking to build his value on a one year deal really going to sign here? 

Only the ones who don't get signed during the first couple of rounds of FA.

21 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Only the ones who don't get signed during the first couple of rounds of FA.

if the pats and ravens can get wr’s to sign with them i’m sure we can too, some of it has to do with money… i’m sure if it’s close though he would sign elsewhere.