Russell Wilson (Seahawks QB) -- TRADED TO DENVER

Ray75

A45EF93F-3913-4A29-9015-0208BD508CE1.jpeg

Armed with 3 first round picks and rumors already swirling around our GM is not sold on Hurts, we have to take into account Howie taking a swing at Wilson if he truly wants out of Seattle.

Rams got Stafford for two first round picks, a third round pick and Jared Goff. It would probably take something similar to get a deal done for Wilson. 

A 2022 first, a 2023 first and a 2023 third round pick or Andre Dillard plus Jalen Hurts for example.

image.thumb.jpeg.4a98f56b8572d3a70bdacebfd7170cdc.jpeg

I still like Russell and think he's a better option than many others but this team has a -lot- of holes, I'd not want to trade any more than 1 of the first rounders. Which wouldn't happen so pass I guess :meh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Infam said:

As long as Lurie still believes in Hurts he ain't going nowhere. And I don't even think Wilson wants to come here.

Hurts is not the answer

Didn't Adam Schefter report a week ago that Wilson would waive his no-trade for us?

Doesn't surprise me, he sees our monster O-Line.

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

Didn't Adam Schefter report a week ago that Wilson would waive his no-trade for us?

Doesn't surprise me, he sees our monster O-Line.

No he did not. He mentioned 3 teams Wilson said he would drop the no trade clause to and then said he "could see" Wilson consider the Eagles. 

6 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

No he did not. He mentioned 3 teams Wilson said he would drop the no trade clause to and then said he "could see" Wilson consider the Eagles. 

Here's the quote: "I believe he'd waive the no-trade clause."

Considering the thud of a "Hell to the NO" we got from Watson's camp about waiving it for us, I'm going to chalk this up in the leaning yes category.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Do. Not. Want. 

Absolutely no way, no how. Do not trade for Russell Wilson. 

Why? Just curious...

2 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Why? Just curious...

He's 33 (?), I think he's on the decline, I think the way he plays lends itself to a fairly rapid decline anyway and this team is far from a contender. The draft ammo and contract to get Wilson is far far too high a price. 

• Like 1

I have Watson as my 1st choice, but I don't see that happening.

Wilson is my 2nd choice, I'd rather we get him than spend a 1st on a QB.

Regardless, going into 2022 with Hurts/Minshew is a non-starter for me, so I'm all in for trading for Wilson/Watson or drafting a QB in the 1st.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's 33 (?), I think he's on the decline, I think the way he plays lends itself to a fairly rapid decline anyway and this team is far from a contender. The draft ammo and contract to get Wilson is far far too high a price. 

The counter to this is that good QBs can play into their late 30s, he missed his first  game due to injury this year (like ever) and before the injury he was having a very good season statistically. Put him behind this OL, and the Eagles are likely immediate contenders in the NFC and long-term positioned even better as the other top teams in the conference have ancient QBs with the exception of ARZ/DAL.  Finally, our picks likely won’t be top-10 any longer - so the specter of Howie blowing it increases.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I have Watson as my 1st choice, but I don't see that happening.

Wilson is my 2nd choice, I'd rather we get him than spend a 1st on a QB.

Regardless, going into 2022 with Hurts/Minshew is a non-starter for me, so I'm all in for trading for Wilson/Watson or drafting a QB in the 1st.

I’m out on Watson because of the off the field weirdness. In terms of the comp for Wilson… it’s always more than I expect, so 2022 1st (highest) and a Wentz- like hedge in 2023 - plus Swag of course and Dillard.

See comment @Waiting4Someday

Wilson never had an OL like this. Heck it’s a selling point! He won’t have to dodge defenders that much anymore.

Give him Smith, Goedert, Watkins and a FA like JuJu, spend the majority of your draft picks on defense (DE, LB, a couple of DB’s) and miracles can happen IMO.

• Like 1

So because Schefter believes Wilson might waive his no trade clause to come to Philly that should mean something?  

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/nfl-trade-rumors-will-russell-wilson-waive-trade-clause-eagles

A more recent "report" (use the term loosely because obviously these guys are just guessing ... they don't have any inside info), states Wilson would consider waiving it for 3 teams (Denver, NO, and the Giants).

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/report-russell-wilson-would-waive-no-trade-clause-for-three-teams

I hope he doesn't consider waiving it to come here ... do not want.  

6 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

The counter to this is that good QBs can play into their late 30s

And my counter to that is I don't think Wilson will due to his style of play. He relies on his legs to make plays and create time to then make throws. 

And my counter to that is I don't think Wilson will due to his style of play. He relies on his legs to make plays and create time to then make throws. 

Russ hasn’t had the luxury of a particularly good OL for most of his career - whether pressure has contributed to his time-to-throw is debatable. The guy in Indy is notorious for holding the ball, yet with a good OL and running game this doesn’t seem to be the problem it was.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Russ hasn’t had the luxury of a particularly good OL for most of his career - whether pressure has contributed to his time-to-throw is debatable. The guy in Indy is notorious for holding the ball, yet with a good OL and running game this doesn’t seem to be the problem it was.

I'm just not trading what it'll take to get him given his age. I'm just not. No way no how. 

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm just not trading what it'll take to get him given his age. I'm just not. No way no how. 

I’m not one to write blank checks either, so depending on the terms I could very well be with you.

Just now, Waiting4Someday said:

I’m not one to write blank checks either, so depending on the terms I could very well be with you.

And I'm sure we will disagree on the terms, and that's fine, because to me a single first is too much. I'd hesitate at a second if I'm honest. 

Hard pass.  We just got rid of a prima donna QB who cap strapped the team.  Wilson's 33 and on the downside of his career.

14 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And I'm sure we will disagree on the terms, and that's fine, because to me a single first is too much. I'd hesitate at a second if I'm honest. 

It's not just the draft picks that will be needed as compensation to acquire him, it is also the cap space he will eat up.  We are not a QB away from competing like TB was before they acquired Brady - they had a nice group of young talent already in place.  I could just see Lurie and Howie in all their delusions thinking that is the model to try to follow and going for the splash but they are 99.99999% going to find later they were dead wrong and will set this team even further away from competing for another championship.  They need to focus on building the roster with as many young talented playmakers possible and look to add a QB when the right opportunity presents itself.  Having three 1st rd picks isn't "presenting the opportunity" ... finding the right QB prospect that can lead this team for the next 10+ years with deep playoff runs is.  

• Like 1

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1541802/most-ridiculous-story-ive-ever-covered-clayton-on-seahawks-wilson-trade-rumors/

This isn't happening. Wilson has said he wants to stay in Seattle and Seattle will not get rid of him.

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

It's not just the draft picks that will be needed as compensation to acquire him, it is also the cap space he will eat up.  We are not a QB away from competing like TB was before they acquired Brady - they had a nice group of young talent already in place.  I could just see Lurie and Howie in all their delusions thinking that is the model to try to follow and going for the splash but they are 99.99999% going to find later they were dead wrong and will set this team even further away from competing for another championship.  They need to focus on building the roster with as many young talented playmakers possible and look to add a QB when the right opportunity presents itself.  Having three 1st rd picks isn't "presenting the opportunity" ... finding the right QB prospect that can lead this team for the next 10+ years with deep playoff runs is.  

Yeah - none of the available QBs make sense, because the combination of loss of draft picks and cap space will mean we won't be able to build a strong enough team around them. 

Eagles need to build the team with their current haul of firsts and limited cap space. Then, if Hurts isn't the guy, look at who we can add in 2023.

D desperately needs young talent.

• Like 1