Weekly line thread: Eagles -4 vs. Wash Ballers

Hawkeye

Eagles return from the bye as 4 point home favorites over the Washington Footballers.  Heinicke was terrible yesterday before he got hurt but it looks like he'll play through and start next weekend. For the Eagles: Hurts, Howard and Kelce all expected back.

Line: Eagles - 4/WFT
Total: 43.5
ML: Eagles - 189/WFT +155

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Eagles return from the bye as 4 point home favorites over the Washington Footballers.  Heinicke was terrible yesterday before he got hurt but it looks like he'll play through and start next weekend. For the Eagles: Hurts, Howard and Kelce all expected back.

Line: Eagles - 4/WFT
Total: 43.5
ML: Eagles - 189/WFT +155

Gonna miss Minni_2

Is Howard expected to be back?  I heard it is still up in the air.  Huge if both and Kelce are returning.  

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Is Howard expected to be back?  I heard it is still up in the air.  Huge if both and Kelce are returning.  

I guess we'll find out when they release the injury report Wednesday but I got the sense they thought he'd be good to go, along with most of the others. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

Sounds like Brooks may make a dramatic return as well...

https://insidetheiggles.com/2021/12/11/eagles-source-brandon-brooks-washington/

I find it hard to believe a guy whose 32, has been out over 2 months and had to stop working out for a period of time is going to be able to come back for 2 practices and a walkthrough and be conditioned enough to play a full game. 

I honestly wonder if some of you guys watch football.  This game will not be decided by Heinicke/Hurts/Minshew FFS.  It will be decided by the glorious matchup of Eagles OLine v.s. WFT DLine.  Silly noobs.

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Skins defense haven't been as good as they were hyped to be in the offseason

I watched the Wash Dallas game. Wash dominated Dallas at times in the first quarter. I do not think they are a gimme. We need to have our A game to win.

Washington are a yo yo team. one week they look like dogshit against the Bronco's and the next they go out and smack the Buccaneers in the mouth. Their defense is nowhere near what it should be especially given the level of talent on the D Line.

That said, nobody has been able to stop us running since Detroit, if Howard is back that won't change against Washington, it'll be a tough game because it's divisional but I see us coming out on top at home.

I just don't trust this team and I certainly don't trust them in the division games. Until they prove me wrong I can't trust them to get it done. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

I watched the Wash Dallas game. Wash dominated Dallas at times in the first quarter. I do not think they are a gimme. We need to have our A game to win.

This is the Eagles ... no opposing team should be considered a gimme.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

we dominated both lines against the Giants, how'd that work out. Spoiler, we lost to one of the worst teams in the league because the Hurts/Minshew play was atrocious.  

The QB play while not great by any stretch was still good enough to win against New York, it was the stony hands of our receivers that stopped us getting the win.

I think this will be a smashmouth game and the Eagles, including their physical running QB Hurts, have a little more power than WFT.  Both teams are their 6-7 records and that's just more reason to take the home team.

19-18 Eagles.

On 12/13/2021 at 3:39 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

I find it hard to believe a guy whose 32, has been out over 2 months and had to stop working out for a period of time is going to be able to come back for 2 practices and a walkthrough and be conditioned enough to play a full game. 

I hear you. 

On the other hand, the optimist would say Brooks is always in incredible condition and has played between Kelce and Johnson for years. 

2 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

I hear you. 

On the other hand, the optimist would say Brooks is always in incredible condition and has played between Kelce and Johnson for years. 

Sounds like he's still out

WFT keeps adding more and more players to the Covid list. Is this game in jeopardy of being postponed? 

2 hours ago, Robj80 said:

WFT keeps adding more and more players to the Covid list. Is this game in jeopardy of being postponed? 

I'm not sure what the rules are to be honest with you?

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not sure what the rules are to be honest with you?

apparently if you can't put a team together you forfeit. No more postponing games

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 12:52 AM, Traveler Vic said:

Washington doesn't sound real optimistic

https://www.hogshaven.com/2021/12/15/22836946/looking-ahead-to-the-sundays-game-against-the-eagles-the-tipping-point

"9 Week One starters and 11 backups missing, and it’s only Wednesday"

in part:

Since that time, we’ve had daily announcements of Washington players being added to the COVID reserve list.

It's a brutal covid list for Washington; half would start Sunday:
DT Jon Allen
DT Tim Settle
CB Kendall Fuller
DE Casey Toohill
DE James Smith-Williams
DE Montez Sweat (IR/jaw)
LB Khaleke Hudson (IR)
LB David Mayo
DE William Bradley-King (PS)
TE Temarrick Hemingway (PS)

— John Keim (@john_keim) December 14, 2021

We'll probably look pretty good vs. a depleted Washington team and the humpers will be shopping for Super Bowl tickets. :rolleyes: