Eagles-Football Team Game Moved to Tues 12/21 @7pm

Wallyhorse

MAJOR COVID problems for the Football Team

I'm beginning to think this game may get postponed to at least Monday 12/20 as a 5:00 PM game if so. WFT has too many players potentially out as of now and given the playoff implications in the NFC I think the NFL will want this game played with the sides as even as possible. 

Update: moved to Tues 12/21.

Screenshot_20211217-221754_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

I'm beginning to think this game may get postponed to at least Monday 12/20 as a 5:00 PM game if so. WFT has too many players potentially out as of now and given the playoff implications in the NFC I think the NFL will want this game played with the sides as even as possible. 

F them.  It is their fault, they play with who they have.

Would elected officials be concerned the game would conflict with the lighting of the tree at Rockafeller Center?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Walkdawalk said:

Think the NFL should make them play Sunday or make them concede the game...

Yeah, but then other teams might howl about it, especially those tied or within a game of the final playoff berth.  This is about as mad of a scramble we have had for one spot in a long while. 

4 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Would elected officials be concerned the game would conflict with the lighting of the tree at Rockafeller Center?

😂 😂 😂 😂  

1 hour ago, Wallyhorse said:

No way.  If this is rescheduled, it will be for Monday, 12/20 at 5:05 PM.  Fight me.  

32 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

The most Eagle thing that can happen is Washington has to play and the Eagles still end up losing.

This..  Some no-name QB or RB or WR will have a career day. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, What The F said:

This..  Some no-name QB or RB or WR will have a career day. 

They'll sign Joe Webb.

• Sad 1

They made Denver play with a practice squad guy serving as QB. WFT is preparing to play by bringing in every body they can find. According to their head coach, they have a lot of vaccinated people who have tested positive meaning they are out the full 10 days.

I thought they were out for contact tracing which requires two negative tests within 24 hours but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I originally thought the game would probably be played and it may still. I think the deciding factor is if the WFT positive cases stabilize prior to Sunday. If they are still adding more players to the COVID list Saturday and Sunday I would hope it gets cancelled or they forfeit in the interest of Eagles player safety.

2 hours ago, Walkdawalk said:

Think the NFL should make them play Sunday or make them concede the game...

Uh, it's the NFL that's considering moving the game to Monday or Tuesday.  You know, when COVID is all over. 

11 minutes ago, time2rock said:

For you out of market fans, the game will be broadcast on Fox at 7pm.  The Seahawks/Rams is at the same time but east coast markets will certainly get WFT/Eagles. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

For you out of market fans, the game will be broadcast on Fox at 7pm.  The Seahawks/Rams is at the same time but east coast markets will certainly get WFT/Eagles. 

Rams-Seahawks is also expected to be played at 7:00 PM Tuesday.

I would myself do it where FOX gets Football Team-Eagles at 6:00 PM ET with Rams-Seahawks on CBS at 9:30 PM ET. 

Playing on Tuesday night creates a bit of a competitive disadvantage the following weekend since we'll be playing NY on a short week.  

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Playing on Tuesday night creates a bit of a competitive disadvantage the following weekend since we'll be playing NY on a short week.  

Which if why if it were up to me:

Colts-Cardinals (Christmas Night at 8:15 PM ET on NFL Network) is moved to 4:30 PM ET on FOX/NFLN
Ravens-Bengals (Sunday 12/26 at 1:00 PM on CBS) becomes Saturday 12/25 at 8:15 PM ET on NFLN and CBS
Browns-Packers (Christmas Day at 4:30 PM ET on FOX/NFL Network) would be moved to Monday 12/27 at 1:00 PM on FOX/NFLN (many people have Monday off)
Giants-Eagles (Sunday 12/26 at 1:00 PM on FOX), Broncos-Raiders (Sunday 12/26 at 4:25 PM on CBS), Bears-Seahawks (Sunday 12/26 4:05 PM on FOX) all become 4:25 PM game Monday 12/27 on CBS

Also possibly there would be a flip of the Sunday and Monday night games, with Dolphins-Saints (scheduled Monday Night Game on ESPN) becoming Sunday Night Football and Football Team-Cowboys (scheduled Sunday Night Game) becoming Monday Night Football, all in the name of competitive balance.

Fing BS.  NFL set the plan before the season to forfeit games if teams had outbreaks and couldn't compete.  Changing this now is so greedy and lame for teams affected.  Now Eagles will have to play Giants on a short week late in the season?

• Like 1

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

uhhhh

Yeah… didn’t see the news and it’s shocking to me. Absolutely ridiculous. 

• Like 2

Seems totally unfair, and disadvantaging to teams where there wasn't any fault, but now have a very short week (especially with Christmas day in between, aswell) to prepare for their following Sunday game...

I wonder if this was something that was 100% imposed by the NFL or if the Eagles were asked, and agreed to move their game? or maybe they were "asked", but only had one answer choice...

Kinda stinks, this late in the day! It was Washington that had the issue...they should be the team to bear 100% of the brunt of any disadvantages required for the game to proceed, yet out of both teams, The Eagles took the biggest hit moving to Tuesday...

Poor show by the NFL!

• Like 1