Post Christmas Mock (12-28-21)

Ray75

Well, well, well...whatta you know?!. Both Eagles and Dolphins have an 8-7 record. From 3 top 10 picks a couple of months ago to none in the top 15.

Unless we trade up, no blue chip prospects for us this year while rival G-men are picking twice in the top 10. Yuck!

Re-sign;

Brandon Graham (1 yr), Jason Kelce (1 yr),, Nate Herbig, Anthony Harris (1-2 yrs), Steven Nelson (1 yr), Sua Opeta

Let walk;;

Brandon Brooks, (cap savings: $13,5 million, dead money $5.9 million)

Derek Barnett (cap savings $7,2 million)

Rodney McCleod

New contract/restructure;

Darius Slay (cap savings; $10-12 million).

Notable FA;

Marcus Williams, Safety, New Orleans

Draft;

1) Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida; 

Even if they re-sign Nelson, they need to think about the future. Could make a case for McCreary or Gardner here but you probably get the point.

1) Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas;

Another receiver in the first?! If they’re not able to sign a vet...possibly yes!? Could make a case for London or Olave here but you probably get the point.

1) Jermaine Johnson II, DE, FSU;

Obviously right?! Kingsley Enagbare could be an option at this point too.

2) Chad Muma, LB, Wyoming;

We’re picking in the middle of round two. Figured we need to get to know other LB prospects not named Dean, Lloyd, Smith or Harris.

3) Alec Lindstrom, OC, Boston College;

Kelce’s heir.

4) Isaiah Thomas, DE, Oklahoma;

More depth.

5) Charlie Kolar, TE, Iowa State;

Backup TE.

5) Yusuf Corker, S, Kentucky;

Special teamer who could turn into a solid backup and maybe even starter in time.

5) Braxton Jones, OT, Southern Utah;

Depth!

6) Brian Robinson Jr., RB, Alabama;

Bigger change of pace back at 6’1” / 220 lbs.

• Like 3

I initially wasn't wild about using another 1st round pick on a WR for the third year in a row, but it may be hard to argue against WR being the BPA at an area of need in the middle portion of the 1st round.

Olave is a great prospect for sure, but I wonder if the Eagles might be better off going after a bigger bodied possession WR prospect like Treylon Burks (6'3, 225 lbs) or even Drake London (6'5, 210 lbs) to complement Devonta Smith instead? After trading away Zach Ertz, we really only have Dallas Goedert as a big red-zone weapon. Of course we know Howie whiffed on trying to replace Alshon Jeffrey via the draft by passing on DK Metcalf for JJAW, but maybe we have better luck this time? 

Given where our picks are now projected, I like the approach you took with this mock!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I initially wasn't wild about using another 1st round pick on a WR for the third year in a row, but it may be hard to argue against WR being the BPA at an area of need in the middle portion of the 1st round.

Olave is a great prospect for sure, but I wonder if the Eagles might be better off going after a bigger bodied possession WR prospect like Treylon Burks (6'3, 225 lbs) or even Drake London (6'5, 210 lbs) to complement Devonta Smith instead? After trading away Zach Ertz, we really only have Dallas Goedert as a big red-zone weapon. Of course we know Howie whiffed on trying to replace Alshon Jeffrey via the draft by passing on DK Metcalf for JJAW, but maybe we have better luck this time? 

Given where our picks are now projected, I like the approach you took with this mock!

It isn’t the first time we’re thinking the same thing/way. I too believe a receiver is going to be in the conversation of being BPA with any of our first rounders.

And yes, thought about taking Burks and especially London over Olave here. Literally the only reasons why I took the Ohio State over the USC and Arkansas product is route running and speed. Plus I wanted someone who can work the middle of the field, play in the slot and is somewhat interchangeable with Smith (similar skill set, different receiver).  But I really was tempted to take them over Olave for exactly the same reason; size!

And let’s be honest; someone like Godwin or Robinson is going to cost a ton. 

With the exception of using a first on a WR I love this off season mock. Personally I'd like to see them bring in a WR via FA and I think they'd definitely have the cap space to do so. But yeah I love love love this other than that. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

With the exception of using a first on a WR I love this off season mock. Personally I'd like to see them bring in a WR via FA and I think they'd definitely have the cap space to do so. But yeah I love love love this other than that. 

Exactly the reason why I did this mock.

What if Eagles can’t land a top receiver in FA. What if JuJu stays in Pittsburgh? What if Godwin’s and Robinson’s asking price is way too high? What if they don’t want to play here?

Took Olave because of speed and route running ability but Burks and London fit the bill if they want size.

Think about it; we’re picking late teens/mid to late twenties right now. The top pass rushers in Hutch, Thibodeaux, Karlaftis and likely Ojabo too will be off the board. BPA will quite possibly be a receiver or DB with any of those picks and it’s not that we don’t need them.

Again...just another scenario. Nothing more.

32 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Took Olave because of speed and route running ability but Burks and London fit the bill if they want size.

I definitely think we need to go for someone with more size and physicality. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I definitely think we need to go for someone with more size and physicality. 

Done!

• Like 1

Burks has the size and physicality that we currently don't have in the wr room

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Burks has the size and physicality that we currently don't have in the wr room

Frame and playing style wise he reminds me a bit of AJ Brown.

• Thanks 1

Ray - do you really think Howie can go through a full draft without a trade? Personally, I think (and hope) he'll have our heads spinning with all the moves he makes. 

I like your picks completely when considering position but would go other directions when it comes to the people. For instance - 

• Jermaine Johnson instead of Enagbare
  • Smith instead of Muma
  • Ruckert instead of Kolar
  • Do you really think Robinson lasts until the 6th. 

Thanks pal, I enjoyed the read. 

25 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

Ray - do you really think Howie can go through a full draft without a trade? Personally, I think (and hope) he'll have our heads spinning with all the moves he makes. 

I like your picks completely when considering position but would go other directions when it comes to the people. For instance - 

• Jermaine Johnson instead of Enagbare
  • Smith instead of Muma
  • Ruckert instead of Kolar
  • Do you really think Robinson lasts until the 6th. 

Thanks pal, I enjoyed the read. 

Jermaine Johnson instead of Enagbare -> see my mock. I’d be okay with either.

Smith instead of Muma -> see my mock. Only reason I took Muma is cause we should get to know other LB’s. Prefer Smith or Harris there but since we’re picking mid 2nd they might not be available.

Ruckert instead of Kolar -> fine

Do you really think Robinson lasts until the 6th -> I have no idea. 😂

6 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

I keep saying it... Love Burks hope we take him 

Would be nice but I give it about a 1% chance. No way Howie takes a WR in the first round again this year... 3 years in a row? With the lines in need of a boost?

58 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Would be nice but I give it about a 1% chance. No way Howie takes a WR in the first round again this year... 3 years in a row? With the lines in need of a boost?

We do for sure and I think Burks is a pipe dream but he would help out tremendously 

• Like 1

Kelce is retired after this year. There's a poison pill in his contract. Dickerson is the heir.

My First Round Mock

DL Jordan Davis

OL Kenyon Green

WR Treylon Burks

If for some reason Corral or Pickett fall to us and we could pick up a 1st or 2nd rounder, I would entertain trading down.

I am willing to trade a 5th rounder, JJAW, Reagor, Minshew, or Howie himself to move up.