Eagles 2021 regular season MVP

Hawkeye

I didn't bother with a poll but am curious who gets your vote. 

For all the grief he's gotten Jalen Hurts has been the most important player for the Eagles but that's usually the case with quarterbacks.  Who else?  Jake Elliott?  Darius Slay if you're going defense?  Jason Kelce is the heart and soul of the team so maybe him?

Weigh in.  

It's a tough one... Ultimately the best performing unit has been the OL so I'd probably go Kelce overall? But then it's a unit so perhaps it is Slay? As he's been locking down his side of the field a lot. 

It’s gonna trigger the hate squad, but the MVP has to be Hurts. Leads the team in rushing touchdowns, and I believe he still leads them in rush yards also. At one point in the season he attributed to over 80% of the offense. None of the other players have been consistent enough to be the MVP for the team. 

• Haha 2

Well it's not Hurts because Minshew came in and played extremely well. Kelce. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

It’s gonna trigger the hate squad, but the MVP has to be Hurts. Leads the team in rushing touchdowns, and I believe he still leads them in rush yards also. At one point in the season he attributed to over 80% of the offense. None of the other players have been consistent enough to be the MVP for the team. 

How can the MVP be Hurts when Minshew came in and played just as well or even better? Hurts is replaceable. Kelce isn't. Or Slay. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

Well it's not Hurts because Minshew came in and played extremely well. Kelce. 

How can the MVP be Hurts when Minshew came in and played just as well or even better? Hurts is replaceable. Kelce isn't. Or Slay. 

Meanwhile Minshew got benched when Hurts was healthy. Both Kelce and Slay have missed time in games. Both players were replaced on those moments. The argument is ridiculous. Furthermore Slay controls one side of the football, but that doesn’t stop teams from lighting the Eagles defense up like they did for many weeks earlier in the season. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Meanwhile Minshew got benched when Hurts was healthy.

Not due to poor play . Hurts is a average middle of the road QB. He's not an MVP. And Kelce has missed like 10 snaps. Kelce is the heart and soul of this team. Not an average QB. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Not due to poor play 

If the Eagles quarterback were as bad as all of you ASSume the Eagles would be a 2 win team. How do you say the most valuable player on the team is a center? 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

If the Eagles quarterback were as bad as all of you ASSume the Eagles would be a 2 win team. 

Yes because no team has ever won more than two games with an average QB......

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

Jason Kelce.

Absolutely. No contest. Next closest is Slay probably. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

None of the other players have been consistent enough to be the MVP for the team. 

Pro bowlers Kelce and Slay say hi. Kelce is probably gonna be first team all pro this year. When was he inconsistent? And please look at Hurts 1st half stats. Definition of inconsistent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Yes because no team has ever won more than two games with an average QB......

Well now he’s "average,” but at the beginning of the season you had him as a running back playing quarterback so improvement even in the eyes of a hater. Do you really think this team can’t win games if Kelce goes down?

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

Pro bowlers Kelce and Slay say hi. Kelce is probably gonna be first team all pro this year. When was he inconsistent? And please look at Hurts 1st half stats. Definition of inconsistent. 

So Slay’s never been beat at all this year? Kelce’s never missed a block? Did you see Kelce’s low snap? If you polled the players they would say Hurts too. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well now he’s "average,” but at the beginning of the season you had him as a running back playing quarterback so improvement even in the eyes of a hater. Do you really think this team can’t win games if Kelce goes down?

Newsflash. The only reason we are in position to be in the playoffs is the absolute domination of the Oline. And Kelce is the undisputed leader of that position group. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So Slay’s never been beat at all this year? Kelce’s never missed a block? Did you see Kelce’s low snap? If you polled the players they would say Hurts too. 

Kelce has allowed exactly one sack all year. He's had a All Pro season. And I never thought I'd see the day an Eagles fan questioned Kelces dominance. It's not even debatable. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Kelce has allowed one sack all year. He's had a All Pro season. And I never thought I'd see the day an Eagles fan questioned Kelces dominance. It's not even debatable. 

What I wrote was you’re telling me never missed a block, or had a bad snap? You responded by ignoring the question and making up stuff. Not surprised you would though. Anyways if you’re telling me the Eagles could never win another game if Kelce got hurt you’re smoking crack. 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

What I wrote was you’re telling me never missed a block, or had a bad snap? You responded by ignoring the question and making up stuff. Not surprised you would though. Anyways if you’re telling me the Eagles could never win another game if Kelce got hurt you’re smoking crack. 

And if you think we couldn't win games without Hurts you're smoking crack. Go look at some of his games. He's had complete stinkers. I dare you to find one game Kelce played below average in. You won't find one. But you are just blind in your Hurts love. I don't like the guy and I at least can admit he's had a average season. You thinking he is an MVP though shows how big your bias is. This team revolves around the Oline. It is the most dominant position group this team has and it isn't close. Who leads that unit?

• Thanks 2

People think Hurts has had this magical season. The only major stat he even breaks the top 20 in is interceptions. And yes he's a fantastic running back as well. He's not our MVP. We crushed the Giants on a day Hurts was actually pretty bad. That's not an MVP.  Screenshot_20211228-134718.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

Can you give it to a whole unit?  In that case, the O-line.

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

Jason Kelce.

This. /thread

Hurts is trash

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Carson Wentz, his 2021 regular season earned us a 1st round pick. 

Can't argue with this either

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MIRV Griffen said:

Lane Johnson:

Only Eagles wide receiver with no dropped passes

:ph34r:

I was going to say him because he also hasn't given up a sack, is their highest rated offensive lineman and......without him they lost games!

• Like 1