Eagles Covid Outbreak

Hawkeye

12 players tested positive today:   Fletcher Cox, Jason Kelce, Dallas Goedert, Rodney McLeod, Avonte Maddox, Alex Singleton, Nate Herbig, Boston Scott, Genard Avery, Jordan Howard, Marcus Epps, Jack Stoll.

The "play 'em or rest 'em" debate might take care of itself.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-dealing-biggest-covid-outbreak-season

Don’t sweat it.  We’re moving Jake Elliott to DT and Siposs to MLB.  We got this 💪 😛

In all seriousness, this reeks of a move to rest the starters, and get a testing exemption throughout the playoffs.  Not really concerned.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MIRV Griffen said:

Don’t sweat it.  We’re moving Jake Elliott to DT and Siposs to MLB.  We got this 💪 😛

In all seriousness, this reeks of a move to rest the starters, and get a testing exemption throughout the playoffs.  Not really concerned.

Perfect! Jake is undersized but has a "high motor", like countless other DTs we've seen over the years. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

12 players tested positive today:   Fletcher Cox, Jason Kelce, Dallas Goedert, Rodney McLeod, Avonte Maddox, Alex Singleton, Nate Herbig, Boston Scott, Genard Avery, Jordan Howard, Marcus Epps, Jack Stoll.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-dealing-biggest-covid-outbreak-season

Wow just wow. Guess at least getting it out the way before playoffs start. 

24 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Jesus! Thank god the Vikings lost and we are in the play offs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Jesus! Thank god the Vikings lost and we are in the play offs. 

Right?  Imagine the angst if the Eagles were in a must-win situation.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MIRV Griffen said:

Just throw a Klecko jersey on him, no one will ever know!  :lol:

• Haha 3

Bet they all volunteered to get tested so that they could be back for playoffs and wouldn't be subject to testing for another 90 days. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Screenshot_20220103-172047.png

Hmmm, starting the 5-day clock ehh? 

Try the 5-min clock, there's a 50/50 chance that you'll be negative 5 mins later......it's all BS folks.

• Like 1

WTF , did the WFT give us the covid too for the loss we gave them?

41 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Right?  Imagine the angst if the Eagles were in a must-win situation.  

I can't even contemplate that... Not how I get during games. 

21 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Screenshot_20220103-172047.png

Hang on... So if all 12 players are vaccinated and remain asymptomatic they aren't tested again and can play at the weekend?

• Like 1

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hang on... So if all 12 players are vaccinated and remain asymptomatic they aren't tested again and can play at the weekend?

Yep. That's why I'm saying all these guys probably went and volunteered to be tested. Get their five days out of the way before playoffs. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

Yep. That's why I'm saying all these guys probably went and volunteered to be tested. Get their five days out of the way before playoffs. 

That's crazy though... They are positive so they are spreading.

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's crazy though... They are positive so they are spreading.

They won't test everyone in our dept at once because it would cripple us. They don't say it like that but our medical director said we would probably go over 60 percent positive. Just allot of asymptomatic. It's literally everywhere. Good news is while it's getting more contagious its getting less deadly. 

• Like 2

Just now, Uscg-green said:

They won't test everyone in our dept at once because it would cripple us. They don't say it like that but our medical director said we would probably go over 60 percent positive. Just allot of asymptomatic. 

And look I'm one of those who thinks we need to get on with life as much as we can. This new variant is not as severe and is now more like a cold... So we do need to get on with life. But it seems crazy to me that players who test positive on a Monday can play at the weekend as long as they don't show symptoms. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And look I'm one of those who thinks we need to get on with life as much as we can. This new variant is not as severe and is now more like a cold... So we do need to get on with life. But it seems crazy to me that players who test positive on a Monday can play at the weekend as long as they don't show symptoms. 

That's exactly what is happening. It's getting way more contagious but less deadly. Will it still kill people? Yeah. But it's been from what I've seen the past two weeks the very elderly with a co morbility list two pages long. The common cold would kill allot of these patients. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

That's exactly what is happening. It's getting way more contagious but less deadly. Will it still kill people? Yeah. But it's been from what I've seen the past two weeks the very elderly with a co morbility list two pages long. The common cold would kill allot of these patients. 

Yeah and I think people forget that. They forget that the cold does kill people who are immuno suppressed. They forget that the flu kills people. It's become all about covid and we need to move beyond that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah and I think people forget that. They forget that the cold does kill people who are immuno suppressed. They forget that the flu kills people. It's become all about covid and we need to move beyond that. 

Yep. Everyone time someone coughs. "Holy crap it's COVID! Everyone panic!" I just had the flu. I know. Old fashioned of me. I felt like lukewarm dog turds. 

• Like 2

Yep. Everyone time someone coughs. "Holy crap it's COVID! Everyone panic!" I just had the flu. I know. Old fashioned of me. I felt like lukewarm dog turds. 

And hey in the UK I've just seen this...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59854919

A 90 year old woman was bitten or struck by a crocodile or alligator. Where the F did she get one from in the UK! And why did she have one at 90? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And hey in the UK I've just seen this...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59854919

A 90 year old woman was bitten or struck by a crocodile or alligator. Where the F did she get one from in the UK! And why did she have one at 90? 

That's one of those calls every medic dreams for lol. "Say that again dispatch? What bit what now?" The weirdest calls I get are people making excuses about how weird objects got stuck up their behinds. "I fell on it" is the go to. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That's one of those calls every medic dreams for lol. "Say that again dispatch? What bit what now?" The weirdest calls I get are people making excuses about how weird objects got stuck up their behinds. "I fell on it" is the go to. 

Oh I'm sure you get more than the general public would imagine. Ever had any related to snake attacks?